Honey Baked Ham Co & Cafe Employee Reviews

Mico Management mixed with favoritism.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 20, 2018
I have not received and benefits package, no ADP info, no direct deposit info. They don't even realize that the high turn over is due to lack of consistent information and playing favorites. I am shocked by the lackluster attitudes towards everything.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits, no lunch breaks
Great learning experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GASeptember 17, 2018
Working at Honey Baked Ham was my very first job after high school. It was a great learning experience and the management was awesome. It was only a seasonal job, but I learned a lot in the short time that I worked there.
Steady
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 2, 2018
My day is usually set to an 8am-11am schedule but it will change often. I often multitask before 4-5 jobs before my day ends. I've learn how to be patient. Management is simply to relaxed. With me working 12yrs with HoneyBaked customers become family and enjoy the atmosphere. The hardest thing for me is trying to keep up my energy when I get exhausted from being the employee who does more work than anyone. Honestly....the enjoyable part is when I clock-out.
Honey baked ham
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 22, 2018
Enjoyed working with the crew and opportunities for overtime during holidays.. enjoyed learning how to properly prepare food and had a very friendly atmosphere to work in
It was fun
ham preperation (Former Employee) –  Murphy, TXAugust 19, 2018
Most days it was slow until the holidays then it was crazy. i learned about ham. the management was laid back. hardest part of the job was unloading the freezer.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no insurance
Fun work environment, every welcoming, calm environment, the employees are fun to work with, and the managers are so understanding
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 20, 2018
I would consider coming back to work for honey baked ham. I had a good work experience for my first time work with the company. I enjoy how organized & how welcoming the environment is. It is a safe place to work in & its a easy calm job. I enjoy how everybody is understandable.
Pros
Free lunches, take breaks whenever needed, they make sure you okay on the job
very festive great co workers and boss
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 11, 2018
great atmosphere fast paced great hours i really like my boss only thing was i worked seasonal only on major holidays but the team was great everyone helped eachother good team work
Working at honey bake home was a fast paced experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 23, 2018
When working at honey baked ham you had to treat the hams like you was coming in buying the ham. Nobody wants a nasty looking ham to take home and eat so you had to make sure they was pretty and wrapped nice
Great enviroment, team oriented.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 9, 2018
Very fast paced enviroment and the job requires you to be detail oriented. It starts early and we nver know when we are going ti done with production.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Seasonal Job
A fun place to work
Honey baked ham (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
I love everything about working. Anywhere I work I'll have fun regardless of me make fun out of work I love to work willing to work then do anything else thank you.
Its better than not having a job
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 24, 2018
Honeybaked ham is a fast paced work environment. The employers treat employees fairly and coworkers are all very friendly and helpful. It's a great place to work but not enough hours
Honeybaked Ham is the Worst Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2018
No benefits other then 50% off their product, expected to work at manager level for basic level pay, no chances to move up or advance yourself. Horrible pay and the only raise you get is every year you are there you get 25 cents added to your pay. Not to mention, the stress that is put on you while working there destroys friendships and turns people against one another making the workplace unlivable. The work experience i gained from them was invaluable, the stress i went through to get it wasn't worth it
Honey Baked Ham
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAApril 17, 2018
This was a great place to work if a seasonal job is for you the pace was fast but also relaxed I love the older crowed for holidays it was a great place to grow just a seasonal gig as far as growth in the work place
Pros
free samples
Cons
no free or discounted lunch
Very poor work culture and no work ethics/integrity within Sr. Mngt..
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 28, 2018
Very poor work culture and no work ethics/integrity within senior management. No clear direction for the company.
The company CEO just left within 1 yr time span with "No Notice" just walked out of the company..really who does that??
Pros
Free Ham??
Cons
Just work with your head down...
Good place to work during holidays
Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 13, 2018
I worked there starting out as a seasonal then was hired on full-time. They get extremely busy during the holidays, so they hire a lot of extra seasonal staff. So if you work hard during the holidays, you could be offered a full-time position.
Pros
You get a free ham for each holiday
Cons
Very corporate ran
Don Not Recommend
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 7, 2018
When I was there they were restructuring lead roles due to lack of sales being met. Constant changes in the processes and procedures and they are not fully communicated with in-store staff. Temporary staff is aloud to run the show and normal employees are at their mercy during peak season, makes it very difficult to create a successful and productive working environment.
Nice people but questionable company.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Everyone at HoneyBaked was so nice but the corporate managers only cared about one thing. Sales. And seemingly enough theyd do or say anything to get them. Oh and dont make a mistake because they will be all over you for that.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lack of communication
Fast paced seasonal job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 18, 2018
I loved working for HoneyBaked Ham Cafe. I love what the company stands for. If I hadn't moved I would continue to work seasonally for the company. It is a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
I don't have any
Horrible management and Owners
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 18, 2018
The General Manager at HoneyBaked Ham was a very poor manager, who spoke to the employees like they were dirt. She also talked to customers like she was better then them.
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoy working at Honeybaked Ham & Cafe, It had its moments during the holiday when it was very busy. Overall, it is a great place to work. I met alot of people while working there. My supervisor and Gm are very laid back and understanding, and great people to work with. They get their hands dirty and help us out. Not too many managers will actually do the same job as you and make sure your day is going okay and that there isn't anything you need.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours, relaxed environment
Cons
the pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honey Baked Ham Co & Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about