Honey Baked Ham Co. LLC Employee Reviews

Found 1,064 reviews matching the search See all 1,079 reviews
Super Busy around most holidays every other day was relaxed
Glazer (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 17, 2019
I didn’t have any problem getting along or working there with anyone. Even after they switched the managers at the store I didn’t miss a beat because everyone there is good people to work with and easy to relate too.
Productive and team work oriented
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJune 17, 2019
The atmosphere is peaceful and work is steady paced. Enjoyed working, just wish the pay was better a little. I loved management, I was located off Stratford Rd they deserve to be promoted wonderful experience and wonderful food
N/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2019
Working at honey baked ham was a great experience. It allowed me to enter the work force and gain knowledge and responsibility. I have obtain basic and reliable skills
Fast Paced
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2019
I would start by unloading hams and turkeys out of the freezer. I would unbox them and unwrap the individual hams and turkeys. If I got behind the manager or other staff would come help me during a busy day.
Don’t do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJune 11, 2019
Great job for teens. If you have any kids this is not the place to work. Low pay.. they have no pay raise u til a year. They give you no hours when holidays aren’t around. I would get about 20 something hours if I’m lucky 26 never more. And we only had 3 employees who worked. It’s a horrible job . Would not recommend
Fun, easy-going, & quick paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCJune 10, 2019
The environment at HoneyBaked was fun & easy-going, during holidays it can be very quick paced & sometimes stressful. Overall, the work environment is amazing & the co-workers are helpful & understanding.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management
Opinion
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 10, 2019
I enjoyed working at Honey Baked Ham. I enjoyed working as a team with other team members. I enjoyed assisting customers with their orders and giving feedback.
Very productive and on schedule, fun , and with great teamwork.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Covina caJune 7, 2019
This job was a great experience on times can be hectic but overall fun especially with any co-workers there they always are helpful and kind. Even though working the holidays it was hectic but u can always count on your coworkers or manager to help u out
easy job
Back of House Lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 6, 2019
I glazed hams, pretty straight forward. Got to use a blowtorch that was cool too. also there is a lot of sandwich making as well, though you are likely to feel a bit under appreciated
Providing an exceptional Glazed Ham for any occasion
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 4, 2019
Cheerful friendly coworkers who work together to keep the stor running smoothly is what makes it fun to work for Honeybaked ham. There is only 3 Major holiday that causes true stress in this job, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. these are all time where the business increases a 1000% over a normal day.
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
random changes to schedule without notification
Ok place to work
Packer Line Production (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 4, 2019
A typical day is basically knowing if you were working upstairs or down stairs. Normally I worked down stairs so didn't have to worry about using the galoshes to put over my sneakers or boots to work upstairs.The job is pretty easy to do, just high volume most of the time and you are constantly on your feet. Lunch time is the only time you can really sit down and that's outside rain or shine. Down stairs was hot, and making the molds burned so in the summer time you'd loose a couple of pounds just standing in one area for a long period of time. The issues I had were the needing to run up and down concrete steps through out the day to get food supplies from the upstairs freezers when we ran out. I created a short list which my manager copied and started using, to help create packing easier of what was needed for each shipment, so this way we could get the supplies quickly instead of running all over the place throughout the day hunting for items. Only reason I left was the pay wouldn't increase and the job was only seasonal, so I found a better job offer and gave them my 2 week notice. If it wasn't temporary/seasonal and they had offered more money and benefits I would've stayed. The people were great to work with and my manager was as well. No comment on the Supervisor though.
Pros
People
Cons
Temporary position, no advancements, no benefits.
Awesome job!
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 31, 2019
Loved the job just relocated for work with another job i was working so i had to cut back and not work there! Overall it’s a great job! I loved it there!
Pros
Amazing food & great management
Productive and positive environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILMay 30, 2019
A typical day would be cleaning and food preparations. The workplace culture is very calm and slow with few customers here and there. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give the best customer service possible.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
Productive and Fast-Paced environment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 30, 2019
Working in the kitchen during the holidays, everyone had to be prepared to complete different tasks. For example, I cleaned carts, boxed hams and turkeys, unpacked hams and turkeys, loaded/unloaded trucks with the product and helped customers take their orders to their cars. My manager would buy us pizzas for lunch and we would go on lunch break in intervals. The work environment had a family like feel to it. I enjoyed just working there with my coworkers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
You come home very dirty (glaze, ham, sugar, etc)
Great place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX 78681May 28, 2019
The people are amazing and the atmosphere is great! The managers are so sweet and look after their employees! The holidays are a blast to work during because you get to spread cheer!
fun place to work
Cashier/Food Prep/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trotwood, OHMay 28, 2019
relaxed, moderate pace friendly staff and customers, clean and organized place of business enjoyed working there loved my co workers and manager seasonal help as short but well worth the learning experience
Part time and full time ok, seasonal work not worth it.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 23, 2019
Ownership talks down upon their staff to include managers. Want premium work effort for minimum pay rates. Expect long work hours and no family time. Provide impossible situations with little to no help on problem solving or advice.
Pros
Discounts on delicious food.
Cons
Morale is always low.
Seasonal Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 22, 2019
I've had nothing but amazing experiences working at honey baked. The hours were great during the season and I could work literally all day long if I wanted to.
fun and fast passed
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 22, 2019
I only worked here for a short time but it was fun and it was fast passed and the time went quickly. I wasn't given any benefits because i was temporary.
Not a good job to get invested in
Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 21, 2019
The franchise owner for the Augusta Georgia stores sucks, she does not value her employees at all. Example- we have all been told numerous times that she doesn’t need us and we are replaceable, we do a great job but that doesn’t mean she thinks we deserve a raise, and lastly I’ve been working full time for the company for 2 years and the manager of a store for about 6 months plus being a full time college student and I only make $10 an hour.