Honey Baked Ham Co. LLC Employee Reviews

Found 1,012 reviews matching the search See all 1,027 reviews
Laid back and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 19, 2019
A typical day at Honey-baked Ham in included interacting with customers and preparing food. Also it included stocking cleaning and other various job duties. I I learned how to work under pressure how to communicate when everything is chaotic . Management was great they treated us like family. All the employees I worked with were great we all got along and had fun.The hardest part but the most rewarding was the very busy holidays. The most enjoyable part of working at Honey-baked Ham was the regulars who came in .
Awsome
Cashier/ Front store clerk (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMarch 17, 2019
This was my favorite job I have held. I had the best experience here by far. The management is very good and acceptable. The only thing I disliked was my coworkers being older than me.
Busy work place
Cashier and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAMarch 13, 2019
Honey baked ham is a good place to work for just change in your pocket . You can not make a living off what they pay .so Seasonal work here is good ..
Pros
They always have lunch for you
Cons
They will let you work more hrs if you
Productive, organized, polite, understanding and ever time I clocked out I was ready to clock back in
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 11, 2019
A typical day at work for was clocking in and getting straight to checking out customers, stocking freezers, washing dishes, or depending on the time of day I might’ve clocked in and started taking customers lunch orders. I learned more about how different foods had to be stored in different places and the temperature they have to be stored at. Management was great they were extremely reasonable and patient with me since it was my first job but they definitely enjoyed me working there because I caught on fast and worked effectively. Honey Baker was definitely multi cultured which I liked. Hardest part of the job was going into the zero below freezers early in the morning.
Fast-paced
N/A (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 8, 2019
Good overall company, there were some things that they did good and some things that they diid bad. But the goods outweigh the bad. I would recommend this to a friend.
Pros
good pay
Cons
very fast-paced
Very Fast Paced production but very exciting
Certified Master Glazer, Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 4, 2019
Have worked for five years with Honey Baked Ham and have enjoy all those years. the production is a fast paced but very detailed skill and needs to be done in a specific procedure. I have learned to work in this fast paced environment and to make sure that the production meets and exceeds the standards
Pros
the training to give customers a great experiance
Cons
long hours during the holidays
General/store managers are asked to do too much.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 4, 2019
The company portrays a caring about their employees attitude. But the overall expectations are too many for the position held. There is an “make your numbers but don’t get caught” mentality, basically do what you have to do even if it means breaking the policies, but if you get caught then you’re in trouble.
For a product that is considered top notch in the industry the business itself is run by Mcguyver with duct tape and paper clips.
Pros
Free lunch / free ham at the holidays
Cons
They will work you till you drop and push you out of the way for a new warm body.
great place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMarch 2, 2019
My most favorite part about honey baked ham was the friends i worked with. Management was amazing as well. Would recommend a friend to for hire. Wish I did not leave
Manager is awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rainbow City, ALMarch 2, 2019
The manager is awesome and a really great guy however, that being said his girlfriend or wife whatever she may be is HORRIBLE!!!! She straight up told a bald face lie that made me leave my job. I really liked the job. However, she lied and said she heard me say something I never said. Everyone who knows me knows I would not ever and did not say what she said I did.
Productive hard working employess
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHMarch 1, 2019
It runs from end of july-december.Love this place everyone is like family, the work is fairly easy,employees are cool,and the bi weekly pay is very good.
Pros
Lunch break an hour and good hours
Cons
Seasonal wish it was all year.
Good place to work for the holidays
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 28, 2019
A good place to work seasonally, pay is good, and lunch was provided. People were very nice and I worked with my brothers which made it better. First job I had and it went very well!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
If you are working on the seasonal position, prepare for Christmas and Thanksgiving
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 28, 2019
Those two holidays you are working for 20 hours a day. However you are given overtime pay, free lunch, and the work is very easy, just long. The manager is very kind and understanding, and cares for her employees. If you work off season, you still get free lunches, and you don't work that long, but less pay.
Fun coworkers and Moody Ownership
Sales, Service and Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 27, 2019
I worked for a franchise. I love the product and the customers. The owner of this location is a joyless, soul sucking individual. The manager is great. If it weren't for the owner, I'd still be working there.
Pros
50% off meals, Excellent quality of products. Great Co-workers
Cons
On Feet alot, moody and catty store owner.
Fun and busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 26, 2019
Honey Baked Ham call center is a seasonal job and i love working there. Everyone there is friendly and kind. There is nothing hard working for honey bake. The training is very easy, only if you willing to be trained. The enjoyment part of working for honey bake is, you get to meet new people.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Have a 30 min lunch and a 15 break
Average and Hectic
Food Handler/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2019
Management does not notify employees of work schedule in timely manner, nor in an efficient manner. Schedule is all over the place, and if you need specific hours/days off, need to let manager know well in advance and write her notes ever so often as reminders.
Pros
free lunches if you work 5+ hours
Cons
barely any breaks because manager always wants us doing something
Fun place to work, wonderful co-workers, helpful management
Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 25, 2019
Overall I enjoyed my time working at the Honey Baked Ham. I believe it has helped me further advance my career and I'm fortunate I was I part of the community.
Pros
Great food, helpful and understanding managment
Cons
Holidays can be rough, but that's to be expected
what you learned
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colma, CAFebruary 22, 2019
the real meaning of holiday rush! making and filling the orders was crazy during the holidays. employing enough staff and ordering the right amount of hams was a learning experience.
Well let's just say team work make the dream work!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 18, 2019
Honey Bake is a very productive facility everybody works together as a unit I always liked to say "Team work make the dream work!" because we all needed to work together to get the job done and we never let each other down!
Pros
Free lunches, long break
Cons
None that I know of.
very organzied workplace
Greeter, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 17, 2019
I loved this job! I met a lot of new people and experienced new things. although I was far away from home the guests absolutely adored me and my hospitality.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Food Associate (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHFebruary 12, 2019
I love interacting with my customers. Especially my regulars that come in several times a week. Its such a great work environment and everyone gets along so well. We work very well as a team and it truly works.
Pros
Enovironment