HoneyBaked Ham Co. & Cafe Employee Reviews

Nice people but questionable company.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Everyone at HoneyBaked was so nice but the corporate managers only cared about one thing. Sales. And seemingly enough theyd do or say anything to get them. Oh and dont make a mistake because they will be all over you for that.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lack of communication
Horrible management and Owners
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 18, 2018
The General Manager at HoneyBaked Ham was a very poor manager, who spoke to the employees like they were dirt. She also talked to customers like she was better then them.
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoy working at Honeybaked Ham & Cafe, It had its moments during the holiday when it was very busy. Overall, it is a great place to work. I met alot of people while working there. My supervisor and Gm are very laid back and understanding, and great people to work with. They get their hands dirty and help us out. Not too many managers will actually do the same job as you and make sure your day is going okay and that there isn't anything you need.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours, relaxed environment
Cons
the pay rate
I enjoyed the environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Everyone at Honeybaked was very friendly and the environment was great. Great experience for a first job. It was only a fast pace job when the holidays would get closer
Pros
50% discount on food, tips
It's a pretty easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg County, SCDecember 11, 2017
It'd be a great job for a college student. It's a fairly easy job and real laid back for the most part. Between 12 pm and 130 pm their is a lunch rush but that's really it. They close at 6 pm. Around Thanksgiving and Christmas though you will be very busy. Not for lunch though. You'll be selling hams and turkeys.
Pros
Easy job, never work late.
Cons
Never got a raise, hard to move up to manager.
Productive and fast paced environment.
Caterer/Server (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 20, 2017
Honey Baked Ham has a great atmosphere, fun team to work with, and can be really fast paced. Management generally cares about the advancement of it's employees. The hardest part of the job is getting backed up on orders and customers come in to order at the same time. I enjoy working with my employees who are fantastic at getting the job done!
Pros
Coffee, free lunches
Cons
Favoritism
Family environment. Best customer service
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2017
I enjoy my job and the people I help, customers and employees. I would like to expand from here and learn new things. My forever career. I love this company though and would recommend employment here.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible scheduling
Cons
Working with pork
Nice place
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2017
Our recommend is job to anyone the only problem I have with it is just seasonal. The managers are awesome the job is not really fast pace but you have to stay on your toes. It is also in a wheel lit community very safe place to work.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Enjoy the customers ,nice part time job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2017
Nice place to work,like everyone,close to home,easy job,nice job for part time workers .Typical day,setting up tea,coffee, samples, helping with catering orders,running register.
Pros
1 free meal a day
Cons
Low pay
Good Place To Work
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 2, 2017
Overall I had a good experience working at Honeybaked Ham, it could be stressful at times, as well as understaffed. Although the people are wonderful, and the schedule is flexible
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Understaffed
Productive and very fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 31, 2017
This is a very busy franchise during specific holidays. I enjoy every time i walk in to work at the company. It is absolutely the best job i could ever have. It is very hard to get a job at he company. I learned a lot working here.
Pros
The pay is good, The product is very acceptable, The atmosphere is amazing
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to Work
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAJanuary 15, 2017
I worked at HoneyBaked Ham Co. and Café for almost two months as a seasonal employee. While there I learned how to prepare the seasonal sandwiches and serve the sandwiches and soups (expo), stock the hams and other products, show the hams and turkeys to customers, and label and package items. It was a great experience. My only down fall was I worked 18 hours in the span of 4 weeks and then 34 hours the 5th week. I would've preferred a set consistent schedule as I kept having to change doctor appointments and school plans. The most enjoyable times were when I worked the late shifts and it was just a few people there and we got to talk while working and learn more about each other. The hardest times were during rush hour when we were trying to get reservations to people and make sandwiches.
Pros
Free meal, 10% discount when not working
Cons
Non-consitent schedule
Excellent work environment and friendly workers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 9, 2017
Adaptable work hours and schedule, along with a friendly and professional working environment. Workers learn most positions' requirements and skill-sets.
very fast paced during holidays,lots of fun for me, the smell of roasting cinnamon and clovse is dizzying. the people are pretty cool too.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Upland, CADecember 6, 2016
love it, great to work at a place with a genuinely superior food. and good people. hope your not claustrophobic,honeybaked packs in so many people in a pretty small space during holidays but it still fun,everybody is so supportive and helpful.
Pros
get to try all the great foods and get a free holiday Ham!!!
Cons
super crowded
Sandwich shop witha plethora of ham.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 25, 2016
Job was fine, lots of old ladies coming to buy ham bones for soup. Typical restaurant. Lunch was busy and so were the holidays. I ran cash registers and sandwich carts.
Pros
Free Lunch.
Cons
No insurance, low pay.