Honeywell

United States6,295 reviews

Found 6,295 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,056 reviews
aerospaceengineerengineeringfurloughcontractproductprojectprocess

Nice to be Working with Professional's

Honeywell Sent us to On line Training.They gave us to Explore wide vareity of Knowlege in Building Automation. Honeywell has a once a month Safety Training.

What is the best part of working at the company?Employees were great.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Leaderships expectations were based upon marking themselves look good. Very little support. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?At the site it was very good. Overall culture was terrible. Work life balance was nonexistent. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Work at 6am. Meetings start at 630am nonstop until 6 pm. Very little time on the floor mentoring subordinates. Saturdays if your lucky would only half day. Sundays were for family unless the corporate leaders decide to hold mandatory meetings.

Honeywell insights

Based on 2,514 survey responses
What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Its "Meh"

It was a nice place to work at when i barely started, but when management started to change they didnt understand the people and didnt really care about them, benefits are ok for someone who wears glasses and expect prescription safety glasses i expected to have good eye insurance but it wasnt. Mandatory Overtime come from time to time but it has always been unlimited overtime

What is the best part of working at the company?I worked for Honeywell for a year or so, through an agency.The group of people that I wored with were very friendly and helpful. I worked in one of their electronic assembly areas.I wanted to work there full time but they were slow about hiring direct. The pay was very low but I can't totally blame Honeywell because I worked through an agency.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not getting hired direct.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?As an African american, I found the environment very comfortable.What is a typical day like for you at the company?You get your usual breaks and lunch. Do your job and ask questions if you don't understand and you should be fine.

Take The Good With The Bad

I worked at multiple sites in multiple roles. Corporate teams were always out of touch with reality, there were little to no investment in improvements, and workers that were not in office jobs were grossly underpaid for what they were asked to do.For engineers the experience depends on your manager. I had periods where I wasn’t allowed to take vacations despite the unlimited vacation policy. But, I also had periods where I had as much flexibility as I needed to take time off or work from home.

Pros

401K program, Ability to try new roles

Cons

Corporate micromanaging, high healthcare cost

productive and fun work

I learned so much. It was a great experience. I have cool managers and team work is super important there. please apply best company on the planted. Go go go

What is the best part of working at the company?People working towards a common goal What is the most stressful part about working at the company?14 hour days and constant employee turnoverWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment is chaotic with short deadlines and little notice to complete assignments What is a typical day like for you at the company?Long days with multiple meetings

Direction changes daily

Organization was restructured last year with the expectation there would be growing pains, but still waiting for the part where it gets better and more defined. It's meant to be strategic, but most of it is just parts chasing whatever the hot topic of the day is.

Underpaid for the work

Great place to work, but the pay should be better for the knowledge needed to perform the work. Average pay is around $24 an hour. It should be closer to $30.

Good people, good pay, strong mission, growth opportunities. Everyone willing to help out others and the company pushes strongly on personal development and progression.

Great Learning Environment

The work place was fast paced with a lot of complex operation. A great place to get an all around understanding of manufacturing. Long hours and high expectations. If you can supervise manage here you can do it anywhere.

Nothing for fun

The job is a limited field and there is not too much to learn and it is boring, it's not life balanced, low salary, I don't recommend this company, this is a too big a company

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits are great!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management changes rules every week.

Interesting project but poor management

Department management was poor and made a lot of mistakes on operation. They couldn't appreciate employee's efforts and contributions. They laid off people with unlimited PTO right before 401k match annually on mid December. This is not a nice company in all.

Pros

Reasonable base salary

Cons

Poor benefit. Unlimited PTO. Bad management..

What is the best part of working at the company?Really great company to work for my managers are all genuinely good guys who are friendly and helpful all the way up to the the director of the whole department. Zero complaints about Honeywell HBT department. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Most stressful part about working at Honeywell would be nothing. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Friendly work environment from day one. The culture is inviting and supportive of each other. The entire department is thought of as a team to accomplish our goals for the year. My bosses flew us to the main office all expenses paid just to get in person hands on training for our work and to meet everyone when most places would have just teams meeting us and told us to figure it out from there. Any equipment or tools my team needs to be effective and efficient my bosses get it for us. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Check my emails and messages if any. Then check sales orders list in SAP software. Check orders list for controller downloads to be done for the day. Do downloads for company branded plc controllers. Prep downloaded controllers for shipping and then ship them off note and submit tracking numbers. Do my timesheet for the day for all billable time. Go home

Stunning dysfunction between operations and HR.

From day 1, you see the dysfunction of the HR department. Revolving door of reps, no orientation program, they can’t manage onboarding details, etc. Somehow they think they run operations, yet they’re clueless at their own area of responsibility. Upper management doesn’t want to invest in their employees; limited training, poor communication from site directors.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

HR is a joke, lack of real training

What is the best part of working at the company?Opportunities for career growth, personal development and collaboration are endless. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?There’s a lot of red tape and paperwork standing in the way of your end goal which can be very frustrating. It’s a large company so things often get ‘political’

Not a good place to work

This company takes supreme advantage of it's employees. They wait till the last minute to order mandatory overtime... Management undercuts their employees production, there's a constant revolving door of temps. The only plus is the 8 hour work schedule...

Glorified Lead IT Security Analyst Job

Hired as a Lead IT Security Analyst and sat for 3 months without doing any work. Asked the team leads for work and was assigned "help desk" projects such as collecting phone numbers, updating system licenses, patching systems, and imaging new devices. Very little tasks or projects related to security. Hence, the title is "Lead IT" and a glorified help desk role. Manager: didn't provide support and try to understand the employees. No emotional intelligence when talking with the team. Work culture: Hostile and negative. The senior team leads pretty much had the power to do and decide what they wanted. Team leads decided to take away a policy of a hybrid schedule. Stated that they need all hands on deck and everyone needed to be in the office full time. However, there wasn't enough work for everyone as you needed to be "cleared" to do any real important work. New manager started and sided with the team leads on the temporary removing hybrid schedule. Manager said that more work is needed to be able to be use the hybrid schedule.Hardest part of the job was trying to do work that did not relate to the responsibilities of the original job posting. Felt like the job was a bait and switch to bring someone in to do help desk work.

Pros

Salary, casual dress

Cons

Management support, team leads power of dominance, job responsibilities

It's popular and productive and some friendly people. To do your job you need compassion and want to be able to focus on the job.

I love working for Honeywell, but just about every job has it's ups/downs. I've been there four years this month. It's always been the drive there,pay is good no complaints. I'm wanting something closer to Springfield.

Large portfolio offerings while management expects unrealistic performance

Great place for industrial software technologies however the business unit requires multiple functions beyond pure sales. Staff reductions eliminated support personnel to help administer various functions. Sales metrics with Salesforce adds additional stress. Management focus is performance and does not understand product offerings

Pros

Great techologies

Cons

Poor marketing and unrealistic sales performance goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Honeywell.
Powered byComparably