Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 4,245 reviews matching the search See all 6,766 reviews
Interesting
Associate Assembler (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAJanuary 21, 2019
I was only a temp and I worked in the shop. It was easy and repetitive. As a temp there were no benefits, or paid time off. Most of the people keep to themselves, sometimes the managers have unreasonable deadlines.
Good Company to work for
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 21, 2019
During my time at Honeywell, they were still offering pensions to some employees, which is rare these days. Almost wish I would have stayed because I'd be almost eligible for a pension by now.
Pros
Good Compensation. Opportunities to Advance, Good Benefits
Cons
Lots of turnover on Gov't contracts
Good People
FAA TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJanuary 21, 2019
The people at Honeywell really made up for the low pay, long hours, and hard commute to get from my town to Renton. I was incredibly grateful for the training and experienced team.
It helps pay the bills
Assembly Technician (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 21, 2019
Not the average everyday job, it’s laid back work but stressful flush by management all the time to get product done with lack of communication. Not a good way to manage business
Pros
Vacation once’s hires full time
Cons
No advancements, poor pay, lack of moral
A Contractor's View
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2019
I served Honeywell as a contractor. I never personally met a Honeywell employee, nor did I actually ever visit the Phoenix facility. I worked 100% remotely from my home in Greensboro. Thus, all of my impressions were made over the telephone. They were nice people.
Pros
No commuting
Cons
Lengthy workdays on Sundays
Cross-business opportunities, but difficult to advance
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2019
The company is highly focused on appearing lean for investors and analysts, so there are often restrictions on travel, hiring freezes, and limited opportunities to advance in place. However, there is a culture of encouragement to move around to gain new skills and experience.
Pros
Excellent benefits, opportunities for new skills and experience
Cons
Difficult to find a well-defined career advancement path
Chatty Senior Women Leaders . Poor treatment of minorities
ISC Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2019
This company is so terrible. The finance leadership is all about filling out forms and checking the box. Not actually running a business. The cronyism amongst senior leadership is a cancer.
Good weight on the resume but don’t plant your feet too long. Their transformation” process to fire people legally happens often
Pros
Name recognition for other career growth outside of Honeywell . Manufacturing experience
Cons
Everything else. HORRIBLE benefits. You basically pay your own with the $3000 deductible
Contract Job
Inventory Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SC 29707January 19, 2019
No advancement, a friend group job, in which if you weren't included in group your job was expendable at anytime. No hire own and no raises, was told all this would be guaranteed.
Great co-workers Poor Management & Processes
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 18, 2019
I was hired in the position after working as a contractor for 8 months . My first manager knew little about procurement and was promoted to a Director of Procurement even though all but 2 of the 8 buyers on his team went collectively to HR to complain about his management practices and he the fact he belittled us and had no leadership skills kept his office door shut, didn’t want to be cc’d on procurement issues and couldn’t provide solutions for work issues. HR launched an investigation and months later and never bothered to follow up with us or give us any information on the outcome of our complaint when asked. Our requests to HR went unanswered. My second manager had previously been the Purchasing manager and had worked in compliance for several years before returning. The time working as the compliance manager made procurements compliance focued rather than Fulfillment focused. Orders became gridlocked in compliance which rarely approved the purchase orders.
Within the Honeywell process compliance does not add items that would make the package compliant However they return the package to the buyer four what they deem is missing. Within a year I have seen eight buyers leave this department. One buyer worked four days before she quit. None of the management or HR within Honeywell seem to see that this is an issue. Staff are exasperated and looking to get out of this department. Perhaps one day it will change but currently this is what it’s like to work in Honeywell Clearwater Procurement.
Pros
Co-Workers
Productive and supportive environment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 17, 2019
Honeywell has a world-class, PMP-oriented approach to project management. There are multiple review stages for each project with implementation aimed at high customer satisfaction while meeting internal project parameters.
Terrible place to work
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 17, 2019
Honeywell Management has no idea what each market segment of their business is actually doing so they have continuous meetings and large amounts of reporting on a daily basis so they can appear like they actually understand what is going on in each business segment. A lot of the reporting and meetings are repetitive and a waste of good customer Face time. Much of this could have been replaced with a simple email.

They work each employee until they burn them out and there is little recognition for all of the hard work a person does.

Most employees that work at Honeywell are tired and unhappy with their job.
Pros
Well known name
Cons
Poor insurance, poor working conditions, poor management, poor training
Experienced Supervisor
DC Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 16, 2019
A great brand name company, but lacking people (Human related) skills. Would have been nice to not have to work so many hours and weekends. The coworkers were ok, just some of upper management didn't care much about the associates.
So many opportunities to further training and skills
PROJECT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  DFW AirportJanuary 16, 2019
It was contract work at a satellite office, but from what I could tell, those who were employed at Honeywell were well taken care of and there were constant training classes and such.
Pros
Work Culture
Excellent company
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Excellent company to work for. I would work there again.
It's great. travelled enough to make up for salary.
It was a job I wish I still had. Not much else to say.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Disnt last long enough.
A place to start training for your career elsewhere
Tooling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2019
Much like McDonald’s or any place like it, if you are in school studying and still need to work this job is good. But as far as long term be prepared to be stuck in the same position for years with scattered raises
Friendly, safe environment
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 15, 2019
I experienced several different job changes and each one was moving forward toward higher management rolls . I only wished that the company and UAW union could settled sooner .
Pros
Showers in the locker rooms
Cons
Very warm temperatures year around
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 15, 2019
This was a temporary job for which I had no prior experience. I was trained well enough to figure out most of the tasks required. The hours at first were just 40 per week, then picked up to 58 a week. The environment was very clean and orderly. I liked the job and was sad when it ended. I hope I can be hired on permanently in the future.
Pros
CLEAN factory, you stayed busy, variety at times.
Cons
Temporary job.
Cut throat
Process Engineer Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 14, 2019
People are not team oriented union division very untrusted company between employees and engineers due to lock out and the company bringing in another work force
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Division
Honeywell
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2019
Same thing day in and day out. Left because I chose to pursue my dream as a firefighter. If you have other plans for a career I would not recommend working here.
Honeywell/astor was was a good place with good people
Shift Supervisor/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 13, 2019
Working at Honeywell for 7 years I met almost everyone of working age in Marshall due to a high turnover rate. It was back breaking work but i was young and could do it with no problem. Good people to work with and enjoyed every day there.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours with no safety program

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.4K
31.4K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight