Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 3,899 reviews matching the search See all 6,284 reviews
honeywell gave me the opportunity to be financially secure
Operations Project, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCSeptember 20, 2018
My typical day at Honeywell challenged my ability to lead a group of personnel without having someone checking or questioning my leadership characteristics. The hardest part of my job was transitioning to a new job that i never did before but thanks to the personnel assigned to my new shop they made the transition very easy. the most enjoyable part of my job was the personnel I worked with.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Modern day Plantation
Production Associate I (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 20, 2018
Over worked and under paid. More people resign than they can hire so the turnover rate is ridiculously high. 15 min breaks for 12hrs shift. Outdated equipment and no room for advancement
It is an okay place to work
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working there over the 4 years I was there on and off, because I love working with my hands and repairing does just that.I learned a lot with soldering and repairing difference units for difference customers.
Average job
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Urbana, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Management doesn't always seem to know what is going on. The workplace is like a high school setting, with rumors and insecurities. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting your work done and having an achieved productivity sheet for your company.
Pros
Time off
Cons
health care is unaffordable
Could use some improvements
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Okay for a person who's not seeking full time work. there's not much that I can really say, its not the company its the people. there's always for improvement.
Pros
A check
Cons
Buddy system. not professional.
Very fast paced high stress to get job done. Focus on shipments and satsfying the customer
Manufacturing Engineer/Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 18, 2018
The hours available to work fit my schedule. Daily structure of tier meetings controlled the work need for the day. Hard to plan your day as the work schedule changed rapidly depending on the critical needs for the day. Time mangement is key to success in this kind of enviroment. Was generally left to do what I was needed to do for that day and not micro managed by management. Always enjoyed when you were invlved in solving a problem, as you felt a sense of accomplishment.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Healthcare
Great Opportunity. I left HW only because I had a job opportunity overseas that I could not pass up.
SR TSO CERTIFICATION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 18, 2018
HW took me with the plans to make me a certification Engineer. I had a lot of certification experience in the flight control components, but I was not familiar with the navigation and communication equipment. It was a win-win situation where I was expanding my scope of product line and HW was picking up an experienced engineer in certification.
Pros
Kansas City is a nice area. Plenty of work. Good working environment
Cons
Lines were not clear within HW on who was doing what
productive place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 17, 2018
A typical day at work would consist of working hard to get my hourly numbers and make sure the quality of the product i was building was in perfect condition that way the customer would be satisfied with the products they shall receive. I learned to work with a lot of different work atmospheres. Some good and some bad. I learned to work and control different work situations that may have accured. The management was great, i don't think i could have asked for a better plant manager/supervisor. The hardest part of the job? I am not so sure there was a hard part about that job. It was definitely all pretty easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the loving/caring/ and excitable people that i was very pleased to work with.
Was downsized, exec management challenging
ETM (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 17, 2018
My direct manager was great. My region was highly successful but our division was restructured. Would still be there if I wasn't downsized if my direct manager would have still been there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
being restructured
productive and learned and improved skills for the job
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 17, 2018
Enjoyed working with my team at the plant.

Enjoyed learning new tools and collaborating to the team.

Hardest part of the job was the frequent changes in Management

At first they allow, working remotely but they changed this recently.
Fun work environment/ no chance of advancing unless relocate to NY
Senior Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OH 45242September 17, 2018
I worked at ADI in Blue Ash,Oh. During my time there I loved my job and actual work. Management is very sneaky and with cut throat you in a heartbeat. Whatever they need to make themselves look better. They don’t help there employees at all. But the actual day to day work is great. If you can get past bad management the the job is really fun
People are great to work with
Certified AS9100 Auditor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Managers, are non caring, and most don't know what their employees do
They only care about their Metrics being green how you get there right or wrong they don't care. They will throw you under the bus to save their own skin. They let the HR department run the company. Certain pets do not have to play by the rules. What is good for one is not good for all. You will be fired without justification or the opportunity to prove your self. Do not work here.
Pros
People are GREAT to work with, and really care
Cons
HR runs the company, Pay increases are small, change rules whenever they feel like it
Workplace culture
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  SCSeptember 17, 2018
Daily structure consists tier meetings that fosters daily priorities at each level of organization. If a problem cannot be solved within group, it is escalated to to the next tier.
Pros
Organization structure
Cons
Priority on results drives decisions
Work Place
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 15, 2018
Very fast pace, productive, and a place where you can grow your career. It is a big company and the best part is interacting with employees on a day to day bases.
Pros
Make your own schedules
Cons
Dealing with customers
My summary
Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 14, 2018
This company does not approve time off for anything. If you need a day off for a doctors appointment or anything it is automatically counted against you.
Cons
short breaks, time off
Flexible time to comply with your work and family
Senior Global Buyer (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRSeptember 13, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers, we always help each others, we share our knowledge our success all together as a team.

We have a lot of responsibilities but we always tried our best to be a great team to find solutions.
Pros
Bravos award when you performed a great job or an acomplishment
Cons
a lot of meetings and conference calls
terrible
Cutting Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 13, 2018
You cut fabrics and have to make a designated production rate.
The training is horrible.
Managers don't help at all and your not taught much.
No ideal values in a job.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
short breaks
Savings
Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
Like any business, they are here to make a profit. It is understandable when they downsize a facility for profit needs. It is also understandable that they would not blast the information out ahead of time. They are tending to move more outside the country of everything they do. So long as customers do not have to interact direct with an employee, they will not notice or care. Any direct interaction, the customer tends to want a local person.
The company has a colorful plan. They seem to forget they need people to keep it running. Over the years, I have seen the numbers go down, the contracts go down and a decrease in focus on signing new customers.
I get they want to go in a new direction, but I think they should keep the cash flowing so long as they have the need.
Pros
Good people to work with. Solid work place once you know what to do every day.
Cons
advancement, training outside your direct job, understanding the job descriptions for new openings
Exciting atmosphere
Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Excellent corporate culture. I had extensive training opportunities and was able to perform Safety and Environmental audits at several US and Mexico Honeywell sites.
Learned a lot!
Product Management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 11, 2018
I was an intern this summer and I learned a lot about sifting through data in excel using pivot tables, vlookups, etc. I had excellent management that supported my learning objectives during my time there. I was able to meet real customers at a trade show, attend new product initiative meetings, and assist in the implementation of the annual price update for 2019. Everyone was very smart and respectful and I would definitely recommend working there to job applicants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
42.2K
31.3K

Diversity score

56out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Honeywell.

Powered by Comparably