Honeywell Employee Reviews

Found 4,556 reviews matching the search See all 7,298 reviews
I enjoyed everyone I worked with but advancement is political rather than meritorious and HR is belligerent.
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 25, 2019
I very much enjoyed the people I worked with and the work is meaningful. The high security aspect wears on you after a while as does working in "a cave" if you are in a production role or higher security role. There seems to be 4 managers for every associate. They are all great, it is just a little top-heavy sometimes. Engineering and technical roles don't see much advancement or raise in pay. Mid-level management pay is higher than that of the highest specialized engineer who does the actual work. They have a hard time keeping their best engineering talent. The union side of the workforce is paid very well and as a culture tries to do as little as necessary. They are all nice and are not bashful about sharing their philosophy. If you are high-energy and motivated, you will feel like the brakes are being applied as soon as you walk in the door until the end of the day. For some people this works, but it will drive you crazy if you have even a hint of ambition or purpose.
Good workplace good people
Sr. Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 24, 2019
Enjoyed working at Honeywell learned a lot. I had to leave the job because I moved from SFO to DFW. There are a lot of opportunities in Honeywell. SFO office is great and the people there are really fun to work with.
Pros
Good work culture, Good pay
Cons
health care was very expensive
ORDNANCE MATERIAL SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 24, 2019
- Easy work
- Uniform
-6 Am - 2:30 pm
Consultants: Beware
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 24, 2019
Even though there are contracts in place, Honeywell doesn't feel it necessary to honor contracts. Especially at end of fiscal year when bonuses hit. Huge contractor lay offs even though contracts were for much longer. Worse place for contractor/consultants.
fair pay for what you do for this area
Assembly and Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 23, 2019
pay is more than enough for this area yes we all feel like we deserve more money, but realistically for what I had to do day to day the money was good . Work is not challenging enough and one could find themselves bored with this job.
Pros
temperature controlled work space, good manager and co workers
Cons
work was not challenging
FT- Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJune 23, 2019
The managers are the best I have ever worked for. They give you the freedom to prove that you can do the job you were hired to do without breathing down your necks. Love this place.
Decent warehouse to work in with A/C
Warehouse Worker II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2019
The Houston PDC is a decent place to work with average pay for the job. Has A/C in the warehouse with a fairly laid back atmosphere compared to some other warehouses though can be hectic at times
Great people to work with!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 23, 2019
I worked there for 2 1/2 years, the plant manager is the most understanding I have ever met! My favorite place to work at so far! I would definitely reccomend anyone to go work for them!
Good company
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2019
It was a great place for me to work. I loved our managers. I was able to build great relationships with customers and which, I still keep in touch with most as well as some former co-workers and supervisors.
Productive and nice treatment with personal.
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2019
Is a nice place to be working, the work is easy, not too much physical effort, the managers are cool with you and if you learn you have the opportunity to grow in there.
A big company that has lost sight of it core mission
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 22, 2019
Honeywell is too large. There are too many divisions, too many layers of management, too much managing from the rear, and a palsy of leadership. You would thing that a company this size would know their business, but spend some time here and you will learn otherwise.
Building is too crowded and my old boss was a bad person
SPC Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 22, 2019
Honeywell on Botts road has too many employees for the number of desks they have. They actually are renting out other buildings to deal with the overcrowding. BTW, the bathrooms are not enough and always full of people doing their business.
Pros
Nice gym
Cons
Mandy Kelley
Honeywell
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, IL 60016June 22, 2019
A typical day starts with me greeting my peer in the office before starting up my computer to see what my e-mail looks like.

Management in my department really seem to care about the people that work for them and have weekly, and monthly meetings to make sure that everything is running smoothly.

Honeywell has a variety of culture that work with in the company making it a unique place to work for.
Pros
Enjoy working with the people in the office
Cons
Not enough staff to cover all needs on campus, must be able to wear a lot of hats.
Bloated dinosaur
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2019
Bloated corporation that operates at about 10% efficiency while devouring itself with meetings, processes, review boards, and PowerPoints. An overall feeling that staff is counting days to retirement. Cost cutting taken to absurd levels such as running elevators part time or removing water coolers.
Some incredibly bright engineers that were terrific people made the job interesting and sometimes tolerable. Interesting products provides some exposure to fascinating emerging tech.
Pros
Massive corporation with room to grow or change direction.
Cons
No mentorship, Lack of tools and resources to succeed, Management always looking for reasons to globalize your position.
Needing a culture change, but overall I'ved worked at worse places
CHEMICAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Metropolis, ILJune 21, 2019
I worked there for 3 years, while it wasn't a bad place to work everyone in middle management was so scared of losing their jobs they wouldn't think things through before doing them, lots of unsafe practices. But overall it was decent job.
Very good company at providing solutions
Product Development Engineer - Test Equipment (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 21, 2019
Multitask between technical and logistical assignments
Troubleshoot devices as needed
Advanced my technical abilities to designing test equipment
Great workplace culture, everyone was on the same page
Pros
Resources to provide solutions
Cons
none that I can think of
Very innovative. Great place to grow professionally.
Sr. Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJune 20, 2019
I had the opportunity to grow with the company. Started to work as a Subcontract buyer, Sr buyer, Procurement manager and Sr. Commodity Manager in the avionics electrical business then moving to the mechanics side of business. They make sure they develop their employees so they don’t leave. Managed electrical hybrid suppliers with a team of 12 buyers. Then moves to the mechanic side of business working with mechanics, metallic suppliers. Managed. 170M in spend among 8 to 10 suppliers At once. I am moving to the mainland “Orlando Florida “ and unfortunately they no longer allow telecommuting so I will have to resign and look for another job.
Great company!
Seemstress (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 20, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company. Only problem would be the hours for overtime. Its hard being a single mother and daycares dont open until 6am. And because of overtime my 7am shift was starting at 530am. That made things stressful.
Sustainable company but slashing benefits
Engineer Hardware - Component Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moca Municipio, PRJune 19, 2019
In a period of 10 years working for Honeywell, I saw as benefits that were essential to maintain a work/life balance were eliminated while at the same time a demand to increase productivity hours was implemented. I also consider that pay is below for the amount of work expected from the employees.
Very Fast Paced
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 19, 2019
During busy months the work can be overwhelming, but they do promote quickly if you are a hard worker and keep accurate paper work. The staff and management does a good job with what they have to work with.
Pros
Pay after a promotion or 2, 3 day weekends
Cons
long shifts, heat, fast paced, overwhelming work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42.5K
31.5K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight