Honeywell Employee Reviews

Excellent Engineering Company
Senior Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 22, 2018
Great team of engineering professionals working on state of the art technology. Great work/life balance with standard compensations. Benefits could be better.
Pros
Excellent technology
Cons
Big company culture
Focused on short-term gains
Digital Marketing Leader (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 21, 2018
Like many American corporations, Honeywell has transformed itself into a company focused on short-term shareholder gains, with an enriched executive team and low-cost country employee base. They followed the IBM model to push out older US and EU workers and relocate key contributor roles to low cost markets such as Romania and China. Honeywell owns a tremendous portfolio of products and will continue to make money for their investors, but at the expense of their workforce and corporate reputation.
Pros
Flexible work hours, interesting products
Cons
Global work hours (expected to work with people in all time zones), frequent change without visible leadership, declining value of benefits (very high health deductible, individual health penalties, no paid vacation, matching 401k only paid once a year as a loyalty bonus)
Honeywell Sensing & Productivity Division Ft. Mill, SC
Channel Account Manager, Northeast U.S (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2018
Large focus on micro-management. Work schedule is not 40 hours a week, more like 60+ hours a week. Lastly, they are not customer focused which was distressing to me. Management acted & treated the resellers/partners, like they were on Honeywell payroll. Big turnoff for partners/resellers.
Great Company
Sr. Contract Representative (ISC) (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRJune 21, 2018
Great company growth opportunities, honestly very good. They helped us a lot after Hurricane Maria, a good working environment. Great culture and good professionals.
Well run, fast paced environment
Energy Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJune 21, 2018
Very professional work environment, high production, good co-workers, very good management. I came to the company because of my community-based experience. Worked well in partnership with Pepco, however performance was so poor in the beginning of the contract that it could not be saved despite our efforts.
Pros
Professional, well run, good staff
Cons
Came in to save contract that has already been lost.
Good and Bad
ADVANCED FIELD INSTALL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  United States HBSJune 21, 2018
Pay is good, health insurance is bad with a very high deductible - several thousand dollars. Not all, but mostly poor management in this office. Managers do as little as possible and avoid problems when possible. The working atmosphere is good. Semi flex time, depending on who you are working with and what the job requirements are. Bad estimates on jobs from sales. Most jobs end up "losing" money. There are many good points, but there are just as many, or more, bad points. Is can be very frustrating.
Pros
Pay, hours, flexibility
Cons
Managemnet, healthcare, no discipline, people do what they want
Overall
Registered Occupational Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
I am a contracted employee good people within the company. Working independently able to help support staff and educate employees on health care. Great team of nurses.
Great Work enviornments and opportunities
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Inventory control specialist, dispatcher,June 20, 2018
Working for this company was a great experience. I will admit that it was a hard process to get in, but what you are in, do you know that you have done something right and you have to prove your worth if you want to stay with that company.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Not much
It is a good place to work, but they have no loyalty to the employees.
Cyber Security, Enterprise Lead Architect (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 19, 2018
It is a good place to work, but they have no loyalty to the employees. Worked there for 34 years and was laid off when I trained an outsource person to do my job.
Pros
It is dynamic.
Innovative and advanced in technologies to be ahead of the Tech curve
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
Good company to work for - good reputation and always driving forward. Makes smart decisions with growth through M&A. Flexible work schedule and ability to make mission critical business decisions.
Nothing more to say
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
there is nothing more left to say. The evaluation speaks for itself. Why you think you need more, I don't quite understand. So I will type this to fulfill your requirement.
Overall an excellent place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 17, 2018
In production days go very fast because you are constantly up against a deadline. You learn to plan ahead for the next day as well as for whether or not you will have the proper resources and always keep safety first. Management is very supportive and the work place culture is Safety, Quality, Inventory, Production and Delivery.
The hardest part of the job was managing your day with all the meetings and the different hats you have to wear.
What I enjoyed most was the people I worked with.
Pros
Working with fun loving people
Cons
Stressful month end pushes to meet unrealistic targets.
Paid time off is the best thing--what does that say?
Assembler Level Four (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2018
morristown doesnt know the truth about what goes on in Phoenix...Many fraudulent managers at honeywell by Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. Many activities that are very questionable in the aerospace sector especially the Phoenix site.
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
Don't expect raises
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 16, 2018
When you get an offer from Honeywell, assume this is the salary you will be getting for the next 10 years because raises are few and far between. Also expect that people who have been there for years will do 10% of the work you will do and you still will get no raise.
Great stable company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 15, 2018
Typical work day was following your standardized work along with any special projects assigned from the leadership. I learned a great deal about process engineering, and lean manufacturing. The management was great. Leaders would always take whatever time they could to help develop the junior leaders, and groom them for success. Workplace culture was good. Some employees resisted the change to lean methods because they enjoyed running around putting out fires all day. Largely the workforce accepted the transition and realized it was there to help them grow, and help the team progress. The hardest part of the job was being moved to night-shift when we went from 8-hr days to 12-hr days. Most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and coaching employees lean fundamentals, and why they worked.
Pros
Great overall culture
Cons
Benefits weren't too great, salary given the cost of living was mediocre
Fort mill SC is a stress factory
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Fort mill scJune 15, 2018
I worked as a senior leader at the Fort Mill South Carolina facility. The culkture was one of blaming the employees for systems and process that were in place and did not work. Employees were held to deliver projects within a short timeframe and the system, processes and bandwidth do not exist to support these goals and when a project misses the delivery date or slips employees were put on performance improvement plans. I am glad that we came to a mutual agreement and I moved on, it was the best thing for me and my health .

If you have job and are not on unemployment, I would think twice about joining Honeywell, at least at the fort mill location
Pros
The pay was competitive
Cons
Everything else
It was great
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2018
I loved working there people are so nice unfortunately I had to quit because it was to far for me I had crashed my car been bussing it to work but it just got hard on me so I decided to get a new job
Great company to work for
Systems and Software Quality Internship (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2018
I was thoroughly impressed with Honeywell. I had all of the benefits that you get from working in a large corporation, yet I was still treated like an individual.
Manufacturing environment
Production Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 14, 2018
Specific site was well developed with HOS and lean culture/tools. Was a very valuable learning experience. Corporate culture is lacking and respect for workers was poor when I was there. Comp was good. Benefits were not.
I don't know.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Northford, CTJune 14, 2018
For the most part the biggest issues I had working there was the pay that I was receiving and the lack of management... Too much of I don't care, besides that I have no issues..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
42.1K
31.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

56out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Honeywell.