Honeywell

Found 5,884 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,454 reviews

Honeywell insights

Based on 1,812 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good

I met and build relationship with some of the most intelligent man and women. I got to know more about the Navy . I was able to travel from city to city for the company all paid expenses, flight ticket, rental car, hotel and food.

Once they sort out their shorts-on-the later-shift-problem it's actually an amazing place to work

I unfortunately had to leave due to a back problem but at the time that I was leaving there was a problem with the number of people on the leadership's so they had to increase the hours which was really hard on me since I had to get used to three different shifts. Excluding that, it's a very very physical job that can get very hard at bad habits develop. Excluding that also, it's really good. I would still come back if they are still hiring. If I was still working there I would bring a couple of my friends to improve the situation. Very little to say just unfortunate.

Pros

Free food at times Very generous pay Great benefits

Cons

Just tedious Takes a lot out of your body Needs more people on the later shifts

would not recommend this job to anyone. There is no communication between management and the employees. in my opinion there is no advancement

my recommendation is not to go to the place for employment. they require more than an average worker can give for the pay rate. no room for advancement

Pros

n/a

Cons

no communication between management and workers

Life/work balance whats that?

If time off was requested supervisor make you feel like you're a disappointment. There was no AC although promised, installation dates kept being postponed or moved back. Not enough safety practiced, no masks, eye protection or hearing protection mandated. Rampant drug use and several overdoses on job site.

Pros

Cons

No A/c

Management poor. Pay was good. Build leaked and worked without airconditioned that was promised in a week

It was mainly black, so was management, if you were black you were in. If you were old then they tried to get rid of you, did not matter how hard you worked. I overheard one supervisor say we are going to get rid of her, she is too old. one very nice supervisor said he wished he had more workers like me. I worked hard did not take long lunches and breaks. No reliable air conditioning during summer, mainly fans, they would fix when head management came, then turn it off after they left.

Pros

Free lunches, good pay, good benefits

Cons

Leaky roof, no air conditioning, spiders and scorpions. OCEA came in for accidents that happened, not fixed till someone else got hurt. Poor management

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Still here 6 years later

Excellent work life balance. Great management team. People our awesome, stress free environment. No micro management from manager. Very professional environment, and people treat each other with respect.

too much forced OT. shift differentials aren't fair

got our christmas holiday taken away, had to work, mandatory. shift differential pay isn't fair. 1st year we've never gotten a christmas bonus or even a merry christmas from our plant manager. tired of working so much OT. some departments even have to come in on christmas eve. horrible company manager and company

Cons

everything. parts are low quality, QA and engineers are overpaid for not doing anything about anything!

Management has no clue what they're doing.

Management stands around chatting with slackers who rarely do their job. Then turn around and ask the hard workers to do more.Job training is awful. Quality is nearly nonexistent.Equipment is worn out.

Pros

The work isn't too hard and the pay is decent.

Cons

Half the workers don't do their jobs. 90% of management doesn't do theirs.

Large company, many opportunities, multi-cultural.

Like many companies, Marketing department is weak link - many initiatives started only to die on the vine later. Engineering department was rock solid but of course never allowed time to do the job right.

Pros

Interesting work, good engineering and PM experience, good salary, good benefits.

Cons

Poor senior leadership, marketing professionals come and go - don't really know what they are talking about

Horrible place to work

Hired full time was only working part time. Always sent home for lack of work available. Managers were garbage environment was garbage HR was garbage. Vaccination is mandatory.

Toxic

I stated at Honeywell about a week agoYou can’t go anywhere without employee complaints about Honeywell . Only a week is all it took meHr and onboarding was horrible there’s no communication between them at all couldn’t login into anything let alone know where to go and do all your hr stuff. This place is far far a 500 listed company good pay other then that the place is almost empty. I ended up leaving because I had to eat my lunch in my vehicle just to stop hearing the complaints over everything there.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Poor planning and dumb management

Pushing the Covid-19 jab that doesn’t work, vaccinated should wear masks. They only care about the numbers and their bonuses, the HR is like the Gestapo and do not care about employees. HR is there to protect Honeywell screwups.

Pros

Somewhat good benefits

Cons

Disregard of inflation, you have to brown nose to get promoted and get raises.

Decent Pay / Benefits for what the job is.

The work is relatively easy and straightforward, and it is important work. It's not the job function that will get you, it's the lack of communication from leadership, and a lack of direction when trying to start a career. A lot of changes all the time, but what doesn't change is the huge push for Overtime and revenue on Fridays.

Pros

Work / Life Balance

Cons

Advancement

Horrible

If you like working for a company that is stuck in the 1950s, and an HR team that does not care about its employees, then please apply!Management is tone deaf and does nothing to change the culture.

Great pay, great people

Worked there doing various jobs over 20 years. Great place to work and made a bunch of friends in the process. Vacation and pay was good.Miss all the nice people I worked with.Overall nice company.

Pros

Vacation, pay, decent benefits, great people

Fulfilling. Made a difference

Management is good old boy network. Our division was surplussed when a new president came in with no thought to move us from energy services to building systems. I was 100% of quota and still was given my walking papers as was everyone else in our division. Very little respect for the individual in less it runs inline with their goals and objectives.

Pros

Learned a lot. And took away useful skills.

Cons

Terrible management with no appreciation for their human capital

Work/life balance? What’s that?

It is widely assumed and expected that you work 50 hours a week if you are salary. As others have said Unlimited PTO is laughable if you are in the US. They expect you to be available and checking phones. Fancy new HQ to try to cover for abysmal benefits and toxic environment. Oh and they want you in the office!! Will do away with remote. Health care is high deductible ONLY, 401k Match is annually at the end of the year after they do all the downsizing. CEO drives toxic culture. Many people I have encountered go out on short term disability due to stress. Furloughs are common.

Pros

Nice office, snacks

Cons

Work/life balance, benefits, managers see above

Toxic work environment at Olathe location

The work environment was very poor. Management did not care one whit about work/life balance. Excessive mandatory overtime constantly. Management does not listen to employees.

Pros

Pay was about middle of the road

Cons

Toxic environment fostered by management

Hamster Wheel - Look over your shoulder they are coming for you

are you paranoid? work well when you think you are about to lose your job? Love to work on your vacation, days off and in between? No such thing as a sick day - just work from home. No such thing as work from home everyone needs to be in the office. This is the company that hired fresh out engineers let them work for a week then laid them off as the Pandemic was hitting. It's a great place to say you used to work at - while on the hamster wheel nothing you do will ever be enough, the goals will constantly move and you will repeat the mantra - do more with less. Benefits are substandard and the "unlimited vacation" is a joke - you will be lucky to get 2 weeks and you should count on being called/emailed/texted during it.

Not a family-oriented business anymore.

The culture at Honeywell has changed for the worse over the last 10 years. The work/life BALANCE has dwindled & so has the genuine care for its employees. Their mentality is to do more with less pay than the average in the industry as they cut costs on benefits & outsource to hire cheaper, unqualified labor which has greatly affected employee moral & customer service. The only ones benefiting are higher management.

Pros

Travel opportunities

Cons

Sub par pay & benefits

Poor, Lack of Organization

Only goal is stock holders. Hard work is not rewarded.Many hours of work is required for no compensation.No budget internally for improvements OR to take care of current manufacturing needs. You are just instructed to 'figure it out'.

Pros

Great People to work with.

Cons

Long Hours, zero compensation - do not expect to advance financially.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K
3.1K
2K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

37%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss