Honeywell Employee Reviews for Assembler

Found 93 reviews matching the search See all 7,091 reviews
Bad place to work
Assembler Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 27, 2019
The actual job itself was not bad. The management was horrible. There wasn't good communication between anybody. I don't feel like we were paid fairly. The benefits could have been much better for as big a company as they are. There was a lot of favoritism. The wrong people were getting promoted.
Pros
Full time, off weekends
Cons
Benefits, pay, management
Provide good income
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 17, 2019
I make $18 as a starter for second shift. This job is perfect for people who like slow paced and pay attention on detail. Workers require to know basic English because most provided training is from computer and printed documents, and everyone has to pass an interview with an engineer about their operation to be certified to work without supervision.
Pros
Wage, benefits
Cons
You can’t change shift after making decision, you also can’t take vacation longer than what they give you for paid vacation, you can’t combine sick leave and paid vacation.
Parts people
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 12, 2019
The company KN that supplies parts doesn’t keep up with the work flow. The are always late with parts, parts are usually damaged. In no rush to bring you new ones
This place is a joke
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bartow County, GAFebruary 17, 2019
This place takes good people and turns them into slime. First of all the benefits suck nothing is covered they give you three options that are all the same and no explanation of the plans. Second the man who runs the plant is a by the book kind of guy. He sees in black and white. They do not care about you. I watched a great manager turn into an awful one because the head guy was up his butt all the time over things that were not his responsibility. I worked there for 9 months and i watched people come in and out. My last day there i was the only qualified member in my area and had been doing it alone for weeks. They need a serious rehaul of management. Lastly you work 10 hours 5 days and 8 on saturday always. They tell you that you'll be off overtime in a couple months and then they keep you working it. Morale is less than zero and it shows. People there are bitter and tired. Do not apply here!
Pros
Cons
You'll hate your life
Nice co-workers, job security was good
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2019
Worked with people my age. Nice, clean environment.. Hardest part of job was job became monotonous and it got much harder to relocate to other divisions.Management got more difficult.
Pros
Benefits were good
Cons
Not family friendly
Interesting
Associate Assembler (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAJanuary 21, 2019
I was only a temp and I worked in the shop. It was easy and repetitive. As a temp there were no benefits, or paid time off. Most of the people keep to themselves, sometimes the managers have unreasonable deadlines.
A decent place to work, but hard when you have some children and family problems.
Avionics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 13, 2019
I usually always had a good day at work, good co-workers. I learned a lot about myself as well as the company. The culture is diverse with people from all kinds of backgrounds. Honeywell is always trying to make sure you have everything you need for your work environment. And are supportive if you have any questions about your job duties.
Easy enough factory job
Seasonal Temporary Assembler (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 10, 2019
Straight forward factory job. I was only a temporary worker, but the work was standard and it was easy to follow instructions. The work environment was friendly and helpful
nothing to say
Assember (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 23, 2018
I have nothing to comment about , I would not work for this company again. there is no job advancements. lots of back biting, management picks favorites.
Pros
bennifits
Cons
poor management
Not the happiest place to work
Assembler 4 (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 20, 2018
Great place and environment to work.Supervisors and management made it unpleasant. No one got a raise while I was there including engineers. I am not sure how much more I need to write to be able to move on from this section.
Leave here before you get fired on false premises
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 28, 2018
At first I was really impressed with this employer. Such good stewards of the environment. Nice lunchrooms and facilities overall. Bike rack. Their training plans, structure, and program is one of the best I've seen. However training moves at a snail's pace. My job wasn't even that hard. Very repetitive. Mostly everyone here was friendly. But then I started to notice the true nature of things here after a couple of days. Despite a higher pay rate here than my previous job, I was actually making slightly less because of such high taxes in the region. Mostly everyone here is a temp.They are so lacking in enough workers here that they can barely train individuals they hire. Also just pure unwillingness to train. Not many people stay here. Many quit on their own. They hire and then they fire. So basic math would tell me there is no difference and maybe even negative difference. There are people here that are supposed to act as leaders but instead act as focal points of conflict. Some will go out of their way to do little things things they know will upset an employee. They are hungry for conflict. They will find even the smallest things, and then make it into an enormous problem that has to go all the way to management. They carry themselves proudly as though they are above everyone else. Their actions and speech give all the tell tale signs of this. Some constantly say things like, " I have witnesses". I don't know how many times I heard that here but that alone with it being said so often is of concern. The people that are supposed to act as leaders here is very clearly why this  more... employer cannot retain good people. I am glad I didn't stay here that long. I left on my own terms. I would have most likely been fired on false and ridiculous grounds.  less
Pros
Nice facilities but people matter more
Cons
Individuals seeking conflict
Fun place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNAugust 31, 2018
Lots of fun coworkers and groupleaders are awesome! Tons of opportunities to move up older employees are retiring so lots of jobs for internal hiring. Just need to get your foot in the door and your golden!
Pros
Coworkers overtime for the money
Cons
To much mandatory overtime
A great environment to work at!!
Assembler I (Current Employee) –  Freeport, ILJuly 31, 2018
It's very easy. I work with people that are really helpful and patient. I have been there for 2 years and I am trained on and signed off at alot of machines. I am really looking forward to becoming a full time employee with Honeywell. Right now I am working thru Cor-tech.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
First is 10 minutes second break is 20 minutes.
No ping pong table all work
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 29, 2018
I was working thru a temp agency for over 3 1/2 years unfortunately the company shut down and moved out of the country before i was hired thru the company
Pros
Understood that things happend and were unexpected in life
Cons
Wasnt paid for lunch
Clean building with bad attitdes
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 15, 2018
It was a back biting, gossipy type of place. Insrance was terrible and everyone there complained for hours on end. It takes months to get trained you may or may not get to work.
Pros
Clean
Cons
the people
Paid time off is the best thing--what does that say?
Assembler Level Four (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2018
morristown doesnt know the truth about what goes on in Phoenix...Many fraudulent managers at honeywell by Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. Many activities that are very questionable in the aerospace sector especially the Phoenix site.
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
liked working with the people
Assembly, Material Handling, Quality, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 4, 2018
Worked onan assembly line
How to assemble using both hands
Management was OK depending on the department
Overtime was sometimes very long and hard.
Working on holidays was hard
Loved the people
Great place to work.
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Sarasota County, FLMay 29, 2018
Honeywell was a very relaxed environment to work. There are many job advancement opportunities. Long term employment. Clean environment. Air conditioned facilities.
Pros
Stable work envirnment
Cons
There are not enough buildings to transfer work.
Great place for advancement.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 1, 2018
Honeywell is a great place to retire. The people there are great and you have a chance for advancement. The benefits are the best around. They are a great company.
Its a job
Riser Assembler (Current Employee) –  Geneva, OHApril 29, 2018
Its a job that is not hard to do but have to watch what you do because peoples lives count on it. The hardest part of the job is the different hours that are worked week after week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honeywell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42.5K
31.5K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight