Honolulu Coffee Employee Reviews

4.0Job Security & Advancement
Best job I ever had
Barista (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 22, 2018
The company is great, management is understanding and flexible, great job while in school, always something new to learn. It is fun and faced-paced shifts go by quickly.
Pros
Free drinks
Just ok
cashier (Former Employee) –  Waikīkī, HIMay 21, 2017
High employee turnover, management doesn't seem to care its employees and it seems like they play favorites. Management equates high turnover to employees just not wanting to work, not a problem with the managers themselves.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management
Lots of good changes.
Team Member - General Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 2, 2017
I've worked for Honolulu Coffee for a while and have seen a lot of great improvements in management and operation. It's a great company to grow in, and really listens to its people.
Pros
Great training and flexibility
Cons
Had to pay for Waikiki parking
High Quality Bulk Bakery
Production Baker (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 6, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 5am-2pm. During this time you will produce all necessary bulk bake items that need to be prepped. Anything from cookies,scones,quick breads,muffins, etc. I learned to have very good time management especially when you have limited time to produce a certain amount of items. I learned how to initially bake at Honolulu Coffee Company. The management was going through transition while I was employed there. My coworkers that I worked with were all long term employees. The hardest part of the job was not having enough people to help you . The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the finish baked product.
Honolulu Coffee
Barista/ Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 14, 2012
Typical day at work. WOrked outside served drinks to customers. Made drinks and counted the register for start of business either that night while closing or that morning while opening.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
management