Honor's Haven Resort and Spa Employee Reviews

I wouldn’t recommend working here I’d rather work at Mc Donald’s better pay & better treatment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYFebruary 4, 2019
They Over work you & pay only $10 an hr to start there’s a lot of favoritism and things that house keepers get away with bc they’ve been there a long time management sucks they seem to just hire anyone to keep the business going Its not worth it
Productive Workplace
Reservationist / Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Ellenville, NYAugust 27, 2018
I like the hospitality industry therefore I enjoy working for Honor's Haven. Every day there is a new experience / new challenge, that is what makes my day fun & sometimes stressful. The company offers health insurance, 401K, dental, vision, employee discount, and PTO. There is lots of opportunity to learn and growth. Management believe in promoting within the workplace.
Pros
close to home, collaboration, employee benefits
Would NOT recommend working here
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NY 12428August 19, 2018
I've met a couple great people by working at Honor's Haven. However, that is where the pros end.
The majority of the staff who work here are ridiculously unprofessional, petty, and lack basic communication skills. It is apparent that upper management favors certain employees. This leads to underqualified individuals poorly managing departments. Communication is essentially non-existent. If someone has an issue with another employee, they will email multiple people (not involved), regarding the issue they have-rather than discuss the issue with said person directly (like normal human beings).
Expect to be paid the bare minimum. They don't negotiate pay and you shouldn't expect to receive a bonus or raise unless you've worked there for 10+ years. There are people who get paid to do nothing and others who do enough work for 3 people and are never appreciated for it.
Also, good luck trying to work a consistent schedule. You'll almost never get a day off-unless you request for it months in advance.
If you have valid, helpful suggestions to better the facility/operation, you'll simply receive a smile and nod. They are not willing to improve how things are done.
It's truly sad how many solid, hard-working, intelligent employees they have lost (and will continue to lose) due to how the facility is run.
Do yourself a favor and keep job searching elsewhere.
Cons
Almost everything.
Most unprofessional place ever
Assistant Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYJuly 20, 2018
Roaches so bad had to tie my purse and jacket up in a garbage bag. The F&B manager at the time was maniacal and made a hostile work environment, and I was a manager. I was the assistant dining room manager which would make you think there was a dining room manager. There wasn't. So I did everything for assistant pay. They wanted servers to come in for 3 hours, leave for 2 hours, come back for 3 hours, leave for 4 hours, come back for 3 more hours. Furnishings are old and decrepit. They can only book groups that have a small budget. Food quality very mediocre. Depressing overall.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Terrible management, very hostile environment
Waiter/Server (Current Employee) –  Ellenville, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Management was terrible, no sense of coordination with work. Left most of the time guessing what to do. Work supplies are never enough and are always left to play scavenger hunt to find supplies
Pros
Free food
Cons
Horrible environment
Busy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Working here was fun, but busy. There was not much opportunity for advancement. Work culture was fun. Pay was mediocre. It was difficult to maintain work life balance.
Interesting and ever changing work place with many position options
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ellenville, NYAugust 19, 2017
Some managers are unprofessional (conventions) some are unfair (cafe) some are very cool but firm (front desk, housekeeping). I enjoyed working here mostly, there's a lot of diversity.
Pros
Free wifi, employee discount on spa, cafe, golf and giftshop
Cons
Poor overall management, occasionally rude guests
pervious front desk agent
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYAugust 3, 2017
for starters save your resume and go somewhere else. the management there is so corrupt, the turn over is unbelievable, even becoming a statistic myself. they pay is absolute minimum and the hours they have you work make little to no sense at all. the staff from all different departments I believe really did try their very best to please all the guest but its hard to do when the place itself is falling apart! just take a look next door to them and you'll see their future.
A chill spot
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYJune 3, 2017
It's alright. Management doesn't really seem to care. Take that as you will. Other than that everyone is very nice, no one really has an attitude. The staff makes you feel at home.
Pros
Easy, calm
Cons
No communication between employees
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYMay 23, 2017
serene setting in the catskills. Beautiful place to work. Facilities definitely need some upgrading, but overall management does a pretty good job at compensating.
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Great job to have .. I worked here for 2 years when I turned 14 it was a great starting off job the people are amazing perfect
Booming and great during the summer but when the season ends beware!
Dinning Room Captain (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYNovember 7, 2014
As a previous employer I enjoyed the job very much, despite the constant manager replacements and entire department worker departures and discriminatory rumors. I learned a lot such as how to be ready for anything and how to serve and wait on costumers. Management was... great. Although, when things get stressful just keep your distance. My official co-workers as of the past 3 months were great. Hard workers and very patient with the many troubles the job may have thrown at them. The most enjoyable part was to be able to eat the food provided and recuperate on breaks but just be careful of the much older tenants. They are small, fast, and usually only come out at night. Enjoy your stay at Honor's Haven! It's a wonderful place!
Great people, great place to work
Coffee Shop/Gift Shop/Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ellenville, NYApril 15, 2014
I supervised multiple departments and really liked the people i worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Honor's Haven Resort and Spa. Our community is ready to answer.

Honor's Haven Resort and Spa Reviews by Location