HonorHealth Employee Reviews

Management of Central Surgery Scheduling
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  NSSCOctober 16, 2018
I find it hard to believe that the management is still there. They have treated people so unfairly , they have broken up a wonderful department, they have been demoted by people taking away departments they should have had a handle on. The leaders are poorly professional, they talk to people badly, they look unprofessional, and sloppy. Not a role model for others at all. They hired a new VP to look over this department and she has failed, she is doing nothing about it. Many employees went to HR and they have done nothing about it. How do they get away with this still. Very sad that people lost jobs. When they hire people the last a few days and quit. Why hasn't the President reviewed this department. Honnorhealth was a wonderful place to work until they hired the new management team for surgery scheduling including the VP. Please President save your name, save the department and the good people you have. Walk through talk to staff, they have let some AWESOME people leave which they should have stopped. Thank you. A concerned employee that left but loved my job until all this happen.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very POOR Management
Need for Better Communication and Employee Engagement
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2018
There is a need for better communication and employee engagement within the company. When I first started at HonorHealth I had a great deal of projects that needed to be completed by a set deadline that I didn’t notice how poor the chain of command was. Those in management were hard to get ahold of and were often condescending when I asked for more instructions. As it relates to employee engagement, I never felt like I was a member of the team and felt like I did not belong in the organization.
Cons
Bad communication, high stress, lack of flexibility
Poor director/ manager communication with employees
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2018
Lack of communication.
Director chooses favorites
Director is unfair with those who arent fluently in english
I was there 2 months & felt all the toxic environment coming from the director & the Lead employees of evs.
Pros
Pto. If u get it approved
Cons
Director/leads lack of profession
Poor management
Registration/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tatum and Union HillsOctober 4, 2018
Extremely poor management. They didn't want to listen to my concerns, as well as other staff concerns. This office was run poorly which caused multiple errors in appointment scheduling and other errors. Poor training as well, no support system. I worked there when it was John V Lincoln and it was great, then Scottsdale Ztook over and it starting declining. Then when new management come into play it only got worse. Multiple employees left before I did, as well as others are looking to leave.
Cons
Poor management
love it
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2018
I loved working for Honor Health. I had a blast daily with the doctors and the nurses. The days would go by fast as we made our days fun. The patients were awesome as well.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Far from home

Hi,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are happy to hear you had a great experience at HonorHealth.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Honor Health at Thompson Peak
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Thompson Peak, AZSeptember 28, 2018
This is a great company to work for. Love the way employees are treated and appreciated. I would recommend this hospital to anyone seeking employment in this area.
Pros
Company puts employees first
Cons
I wish there was a hospital closer to my home.

Hi,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are glad to hear your experience with HonorHealth has been positive.

Liars
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2018
I was hired under the assumption that my school schedule would be accommodated. Told By the director herself that they would work around my schedule. After 3 months working another manager came in under temporary circumstances and told me they could no longer accommodate my school schedule. I was told that I either need to quit, find a new position with the company or get fired. Given little to no notice I was forced out of my full time position.
The Laboratory is comfortable with working short causeing employees to work even harder.
Pros
the food is great
Cons
short breaks, short staffed, no accommodations

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you had less-than-positive experience with HonorHealth. Please be assured that as part of our effort to improve our service, we'd appreciate the opportunity to explore this with you further. Please email us at HRCares@HonorHealth.com, and we’ll connect you with the department leader who can address the issue most effectively.

Change
PCT (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 21, 2018
Constant change in management, it is hard to maintain at times. Patient overload on just one nursing assistant can be a lot at times, especially for those who are not face paced.
Oppressive Management
Pre-Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Management is poor at best. No positivity, enthusiasm, or effort by leadership except to tell you what you’re doing wrong. Contradictory directions often given. Management is completely unapproachable. I’ve witnessed someone asking a question be belittled and humiliated in from of the entire team. I’ve never seen anything like it. With this attitude there WILL BE, if not already, great turnover. Management needs an attitude adjustment and to treat staff how they would like to be treated. Total disrespect from leadership and subordinates are made to feel inferior. Co-workers are helpful.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Very stressful environment with very high expectations
Great job
RN- Infusion Center (Glendale) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work, cohesive staff and independent environment.

Love my patients and my co-workers, great place to work and increase your skills and learn something new everyday.
Pros
Mon-Fri schedule/ good pay/ fair management
Cons
limited staff to cover vacations or time off, multi-task with no ancillary help
Very professional
Electrocardiogram Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 6, 2018
Every day was a learning experience. The people working there with me at the time where very respectful and cortious, It has been one of the best work places i have worked for.
Cons
Great place to get experience.
Data Entry and Breast Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2018
My time there was a wonderful experience and the staff was very wonderful to work with . I was a team player and coordinator for the Breast Center always bringing all off us to work together and taking care of our patient.
Pros
Great staff and good benefits .
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities.
No advancement opportunities at this company.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  SheaAugust 29, 2018
Good place for new grads to learn about nursing. Good doctors and nurses who really care about the patient. The hospitals serve a wide range of people and medical issues.

The problem is after a few years you realize there are no advancement opportunities. Management only hires their friends into leadership roles even if the person has little on no experience as a manager. They will protect their friend even during a high turnover rate in the department caused by the new hire. Morale is low and lots of people quitting but still management does not care. I moved on because of the manager.
Pros
New grads will get exposed to a lot of medical problems and experiences. Doctors are great.
Cons
DISAPPOINTED in entire management staff
patient financial Office (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, azAugust 27, 2018
Office staff entirely stressed due to Manager, lead and Directors micromanaging. you wont advance or keep your job here if you dont snuggle up to the one that makes those decisions. Management direction gives you very little "documentation" to do your job, then allows Quality Review staff to nit pick you apart, based on THEIR interpretation of "directions". if you challenge these 'directions" you will targeted and singled out. ASK ME HOW I KNOW. HR dept has been told about these MANY issues in this office but refused to do ANYTHING about it.. even reading reviews on here, they STILL know and acknowledge there is an issue but REFUSE to do anything about it. One manager even singled her worker out and pushed til she got enough to get her FIRED. this is NOT ethical or Moral, definately does not align with the Hositpals/ compays POLICIES.
retaliation is prevalent in this office and HR knows about this as well.
i used to be really excited to be here, and it was fine til new director took over and then the door became revolving very quickly.. that says something, and i dont have to be in HR to know it.
Pros
ability to work from home
Cons
horrible and stressful office conditions, expectations too demanding
Love love my job
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 14, 2018
I don’t want to get too personal but I worked at a HonorHealth location that involved transferring patients from one hospital to another and I wasn’t happy. I eventually left that facility and transferred to a new area within HonorHealth. I love my new boss and my coworkers! I come into work smiling from head to toe now and know that if I don’t know something, I can always ask one of my co workers without being told that I should already know the answer, should know what to do, etc. and eventually, be brought into the office to be written up for it.

I’m coming up on a year with this department and I have been able to grow since then and once I am finished with Nursing School, I hope to stay on and work here since everyone I’ve met so far has been nothing but amazing except for that one bad experience but I refuse to let that affect me.
Enjoyable and fast paced. Good mgmt.
PharmD (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 10, 2018
Fast paced. Competitive. Lots to learn and do. Many advanced requirements of pharmacists including answer phones, answer door, order entry, dose checks, dispense meds, oversee techs, handle doctor and nurse calls, questions, issues. Quality control, customer service, attend inservices, provide nursing education. Check doses, provide kinetics writeups, monitor renal meds like vanco. Documentation.
Pros
Understanding mgmt
Cons
Busy at times.
Used to be great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 7, 2018
I was proud to work there for several years but it is simply a mess. Management needs a major overhaul. The saying that someone is promoted to their level of incompetence is so true here. A whole department complains about a new director to hr and instead of firing this person they give them two more hospitals to supervise. Reporting on fellow employees is encouraged and there is no team mentality. Shameful really in a field that promotes health and well being. Someone in management needs to remember that if you take care of your employees they take care of the clients.
Best part of the job was the patients. Recently retired early and they don't have exit interviews because apparently they really don't care about why long time employees leave. Very unprofessional from hr to executives. Clinical staff is great but there is turnover and many terrific clinicians have left as they see the writing on the wall. No appreciation or recognition for handling an ever growing workload, but executives spend a lot of time publicly telling each other what a great job they are doing.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Management, workplace culture, human resources
No Communication
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 6, 2018
Benefits were very affordable, pay rate was unfair upon hire, total lack of communication. Department's through out the organization did their best with very little to work with Management wise.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of management
Overall good experience
Patient Care Technician, Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 5, 2018
Nice place to work. Was able to go to education classes to further my education and up my pay. Overall, a good place to work and loved our co-workers.
Ability to work remotely is a plus
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 4, 2018
We provide excellent patient care at all 5 facilities. Nursing care is excellent and efforts are more to improve.

Not much room for advancement however.

Numerous changes in management. Many cut backs since the merger. Many mid levels (NPs and PAs have been let go).

The current climate is more concerned with the almighty dollar instead of the employees
Pros
ability to work remotely
Cons
not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HonorHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight