HonorHealth Employee Reviews

Poor management
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
I find it hard to believe that Scheduling department is not being reviewed by higher management, the department is falling apart , they work people unfairly, the management is so unprofessional and toxic , does not know what they are doing and delegates work all day long, a true manager knows how to do the job and treats people nice and with encouragement and sincerity. It is very sad that this department is falling apart. Someone should have stopped the old manager from leaving. Honorhealth was such a great place to work until new management happen , sad and soon there will be nothing left.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Management starting from managers to VP's
good work environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
I like that they cross train for you to work on the floor as well as in the lab.
They have implemented a 5 day paid sick time per year to be counted separate from your pto and if you happen to call in after the 5 days have been used it is counted against you. It can put you in a bad situation if life just happens one year and you use up your paid sick time for other issues like family emergencies and car trouble etc.
Pros
variety in job tasks
Cons
Paid sick time to restrictive.
Just Ok, Could be better
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 12, 2018
Needs more structuring around training and management. Pay was not high enough to make the work load worth the stress. Positive was the feeling of helping patients who may not have been getting the help they needed before.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Management and Lack of Structure
A smaller hospital with great staff
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJune 28, 2018
I learned a lot from the Department Manager who enjoyed teaching and was a perfectionist. I learned how to do cardioplegia IV meds here. This Pharmacy had such a high quality Pharmacist Staff. It was a pleasure to learn from the staff here.
Pros
Great benefits, On-Site Childcare, Tuition reimbursement, Sick Daycare
see below
Diagnostic Imaging Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85258June 23, 2018
100% telephone contact with patients and doctor's offices re medical care on an out-patient basis. Stressful part of the job is dealing with all the different personalities and attitudes on a daily basis while maintaining my composure and being understanding and empathetic to each patient to provide excellent customer service. Adjusting to ever-changing management styles to try to obtain a productive work flow.
Pros
working with and meeting lost of different people
Cons
a management team that does not understand or interact with the support staff, only interested in the company's bottom line
RN srtudent clinical
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2018
My first clinicals as a nursing student was at HonorHealth. It was a good experience. The nurses were professional and knew what the protocols were in providing the best care for the patients.
Pros
excellent skills
Cons
limited experience
productive
Emergency room nurse /Endoscopy /PACU (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 15, 2018
nothing to say people were great
culture toxic
lasy management I have nothing to say I should not have to put so much in a reviw when there is nothing to say
Pros
3 days a week
Cons
poor management
Great Place to Work
Safety and Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 14, 2018
HonorHealth is a true non-profit organization. Everything they do is centered around patient care and giving back . Daily we are reminded about what we can do to make a difference.
Great staff.
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 9, 2018
Work environment was good, except for one surgeon who was disrespectful to the staff, and occasionally to the patients. The other two surgeons I work with were great. Staff I interacted with in various departments which were essential to my role, were very helpful and supportive.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
Difficult to work with surgeon.
Challenging Position and fully satisfying position
Clinical Laboratory Educator/Microbiology Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2018
As Clinical Educator, responsible for selection and roll out of On-line CE program for all lab staff,inc phleb. team. Full autonomy, great Lab management team. Worked on several projects, most included collaboration with ancillary support; nursing, interventional rad, providers. Responsible for on-boarding employees, engagement, retention, orientation, MT student rotations.
June 8, 2018

Hi,

We are pleased your experience with HonorHealth was positive. We will use this feedback on our continuous effort to improve our service.

Your HonorHealth Team!

Fast-paced, great team
Diet Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2018
First half of day-work with patients, second half-audit all diet reps meal tickets. Loved fast-pace, teamwork. Management-supportive. Learned pt diets
Pros
Occasional free lunches, 10 hour shift, great team
Cons
No breaks
Poor managment
Full time Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2018
Constant changes that should have already been done. Change in directors. Tons of call. Work all night then come in 2 hours later to cover your shift. New maniger and containtly flexed. Told to come in 30 min before your case starts.
Pros
Very close to home love my hours
Cons
No space we are working out of a hallway
June 8, 2018

Hi,

We apologize for your less than positive experience and assure you we will take every measure to follow and improve our service. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this experience with you further. Please contact us at HRCares@honorhealth.com.

Your HonorHealth Team!

Temporary Placement
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 6, 2018
I loved working here. My hours were easily corrected to meet my personal requirements. The management here were outstanding in explaining what they wanted and what was expected of you. Easy to communicate with all individuals. A great place to work.
Pros
Outstanding management and support personnel
Cons
Only problems was the job terminated.
wonderful workplace
Sr. Ancillary/Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 26, 2018
wonderful work environment, had awesome manager. great coworkers and department lead. very busy but no too stressful. work as a team. communication was great
Pros
great enivronment
Cons
old manager leaving
Working for Honorhealth
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ 85255April 24, 2018
Going into work early in the morning and before the hard work begins, stoping at the dutch bros down the street in order to get you prepared for you day.
Thompson Peak Honor Health Hospital was always clean. The floors were spotless!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 24, 2018
Great place to work at the people were nice and the other volunteers were very welcoming. They helped me learn the ropes of Thompson Peak Honor health. The manger was extremely nice and was flexable and wanted the best for his volunteers.
Pros
Free candy, Discounts for cafeteria food, Manger is very flexable
May 9, 2018

We're glad to hear your positive feedback!

Your HonorHealth team!

Administration Representative- Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2018
I was a patient of Honor health and thats what drove me to apply, great company, fair salary, great benefits I loved my co workers and management. I would recommend this company to anyone
May 9, 2018

We're glad you applied and joined an awesome company!

Your HonorHealth team!

Intimidating management and lack of empathy for employees
DATA CREDENTIALING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2018
Not the best place to work if you have ideas to share or if you are looking for opportunities to grow. Management cares more about image than employees - most everyone leaving or getting sick from stress and lack of support.
Pros
Overall company offers free lunches, raffles, etc.
Cons
pay, leadership micromanaging and lack of compassion for employees
May 9, 2018

We're sad to hear your less than positive experience. We encourage our employees to share ideas and encourage growth!

Please send us an email for further review at HRCares@honorhealth.com.

HonorHealth Team!

Poor management
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 23, 2018
Micro management, nit picking and belittling. Large turnover of employees due to very low moral. Bad tempered and condescending Director. Very stressful environment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
all of the above
Awful!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZApril 21, 2018
If you want to work at a place, that values you as a dedicated professional...DON'T get involved in the HonorHealth network. Their motto of honoring their nurse's, is a joke! Management is unreliable and two faced. Communication exists only amongst upper management...great if you like being in the dark. No money for raises, but always enough to buy another building. Heed the warning...STAY AWAY!!!
Benefits
Cons
Management, support, raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HonorHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight