HonorHealth Employee Reviews

Department was knowledgeable
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2018
Environment was relaxed
Learned a lot of things
Meant down to earth individuals
Meant customer needs
Provided skills you needed to perform your job
Would recommend
Cut throat atmosphere where "perceptions" outweigh the truth.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2018
You are dealing with everything from Psych patients to the elderly and rehab. I learned that your biggest challenge is your ability to do your job properly. Management creates an atmosphere of protectionism and is not to be trusted. It seems that it is okay to lie, mislead, and you will be protected under the guise of perception. You will be reprimanded for next to nothing, but if you are friendly with management you can get away with anything, Nepotism is rampant.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the internal politics and just trying to do your job . The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet and engage with people from all walks of life and share their stories. It is a comfort to know you can make a difference in their lives with just a few words of kindness or just listening.
Super busy
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 30, 2018
Was not Honor Health when I worked there. When it was JCL Your Family Medicine it was not a good place to work. Constant turn over. Employees bickering in front of patients.
Excellent
Interpreter (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
Highly recommend. Don't have any complaints. Good management, positive culture. Felt a great deal of support and everyone was out to help the team as a whole.
Amazing company that's still growing....
Talent Acquisition - Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2018
I've recently joined the HonorHealth team and I have been beyond blown away by the culture and people here. I've worked in talent acquisition/ recruitment for the majority of my career, and HonorHealth really has a reputation of excellence and so far they have lived up to that. It's refreshing to wake up and want to go to work and be around people who are not only excited to be there, but happy to be apart of the change.
Pros
Great Benefits, amazing people, flexibility, stability of company, job stability, awesome health benefits and great perks
Cons
None yet - some growing pains from the merger.
Great healthcare facility
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 18, 2018
This was my first healthcare job. It's not super hard but definitely a stressful job. The company focus' on a lot of details but personally I don't believe the things they make important are all that important.
Dangerously short minded
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2018
I have worked there for 2 years now, there is a stunningly high turnover rate at the lab. Management does not seem capable or interested in retaining current or strong employees. So short staffed that sacrifices have been made to patient care and lab staff have made errors/delays. I have personally seen errors so glaring that they risk losing transfusion medicine altogether. Before the company responds to this, yes, I have taken these issues up with my supervisor, director, and when all else failed, I wasted my day off trying to get hold of someone in HR, who hasn't returned my calls in over a week and a half. It could be a wonderful place to work with all the autonomy that we're given, but without adequate staff, positive retention, or performance based compensation, I'm afraid this network is going to have to live in the shadow of "what could."
Pros
Freedom to bring forward ideas
Cons
Staffing, compensation
Management of Central Surgery Scheduling
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  NSSCOctober 16, 2018
I find it hard to believe that the management is still there. They have treated people so unfairly , they have broken up a wonderful department, they have been demoted by people taking away departments they should have had a handle on. The leaders are poorly professional, they talk to people badly, they look unprofessional, and sloppy. Not a role model for others at all. They hired a new VP to look over this department and she has failed, she is doing nothing about it. Many employees went to HR and they have done nothing about it. How do they get away with this still. Very sad that people lost jobs. When they hire people the last a few days and quit. Why hasn't the President reviewed this department. Honnorhealth was a wonderful place to work until they hired the new management team for surgery scheduling including the VP. Please President save your name, save the department and the good people you have. Walk through talk to staff, they have let some AWESOME people leave which they should have stopped. Thank you. A concerned employee that left but loved my job until all this happen.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very POOR Management
Honorhealth
Transfer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2018
Typical day is fast paced and not always with direction. Could be more organized. The hours are long but works out if you want to have a few days off during the week.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Need for Better Communication and Employee Engagement
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2018
There is a need for better communication and employee engagement within the company. When I first started at HonorHealth I had a great deal of projects that needed to be completed by a set deadline that I didn’t notice how poor the chain of command was. Those in management were hard to get ahold of and were often condescending when I asked for more instructions. As it relates to employee engagement, I never felt like I was a member of the team and felt like I did not belong in the organization.
Cons
Bad communication, high stress, lack of flexibility
Poor director/ manager communication with employees
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2018
Lack of communication.
Director chooses favorites
Director is unfair with those who arent fluently in english
I was there 2 months & felt all the toxic environment coming from the director & the Lead employees of evs.
Pros
Pto. If u get it approved
Cons
Director/leads lack of profession
Poor management
Registration/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tatum and Union HillsOctober 4, 2018
Extremely poor management. They didn't want to listen to my concerns, as well as other staff concerns. This office was run poorly which caused multiple errors in appointment scheduling and other errors. Poor training as well, no support system. I worked there when it was John V Lincoln and it was great, then Scottsdale Ztook over and it starting declining. Then when new management come into play it only got worse. Multiple employees left before I did, as well as others are looking to leave.
Cons
Poor management
love it
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2018
I loved working for Honor Health. I had a blast daily with the doctors and the nurses. The days would go by fast as we made our days fun. The patients were awesome as well.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Far from home

Hi,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are happy to hear you had a great experience at HonorHealth.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Honor Health at Thompson Peak
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Thompson Peak, AZSeptember 28, 2018
This is a great company to work for. Love the way employees are treated and appreciated. I would recommend this hospital to anyone seeking employment in this area.
Pros
Company puts employees first
Cons
I wish there was a hospital closer to my home.

Hi,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are glad to hear your experience with HonorHealth has been positive.

Liars
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2018
I was hired under the assumption that my school schedule would be accommodated. Told By the director herself that they would work around my schedule. After 3 months working another manager came in under temporary circumstances and told me they could no longer accommodate my school schedule. I was told that I either need to quit, find a new position with the company or get fired. Given little to no notice I was forced out of my full time position.
The Laboratory is comfortable with working short causeing employees to work even harder.
Pros
the food is great
Cons
short breaks, short staffed, no accommodations

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you had less-than-positive experience with HonorHealth. Please be assured that as part of our effort to improve our service, we'd appreciate the opportunity to explore this with you further. Please email us at HRCares@HonorHealth.com, and we’ll connect you with the department leader who can address the issue most effectively.

Change
PCT (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 21, 2018
Constant change in management, it is hard to maintain at times. Patient overload on just one nursing assistant can be a lot at times, especially for those who are not face paced.
Oppressive Management
Pre-Services (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Management is poor at best. No positivity, enthusiasm, or effort by leadership except to tell you what you’re doing wrong. Contradictory directions often given. Management is completely unapproachable. I’ve witnessed someone asking a question be belittled and humiliated in from of the entire team. I’ve never seen anything like it. With this attitude there WILL BE, if not already, great turnover. Management needs an attitude adjustment and to treat staff how they would like to be treated. Total disrespect from leadership and subordinates are made to feel inferior. Co-workers are helpful.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Very stressful environment with very high expectations
Great job
RN- Infusion Center (Glendale) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Great place to work, cohesive staff and independent environment.

Love my patients and my co-workers, great place to work and increase your skills and learn something new everyday.
Pros
Mon-Fri schedule/ good pay/ fair management
Cons
limited staff to cover vacations or time off, multi-task with no ancillary help
Very professional
Electrocardiogram Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 6, 2018
Every day was a learning experience. The people working there with me at the time where very respectful and cortious, It has been one of the best work places i have worked for.
Cons
Great place to get experience.
Data Entry and Breast Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2018
My time there was a wonderful experience and the staff was very wonderful to work with . I was a team player and coordinator for the Breast Center always bringing all off us to work together and taking care of our patient.
Pros
Great staff and good benefits .
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HonorHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight