HonorHealth Employee Reviews

i am not sure what to say
Medical Receptionist/ scheduler (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2019
I have been here for some time and it seems to be getting worse. that's all I can say....................................................................................................................., I feel that they may need a new office manager, maybe one that wants to be a boss and not a friend, one that respects all co works the same.
Supportive company to work for
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 8, 2019
HonorHealth provides a lot of room for growth. They are always offering incentives and giving raises. They are a very supportive company to work for and they always have your best interest in mind.
I never knew that
Credentialed EPIC Trainer II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2018
With about 15 years of training experience when I started this job I had never worked in the Healthcare field before and I was given the opportunity to learn a lot about the entire hospital and local office culture in the medical field.
Pros
Unlimited learning opportunities
Cons
Temporary employment
Doctors, coworkers, and Patients were wonderful, Management horrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2018
Rooming Patients, EKG's Ear lavages, Patient callbacks and results. The Doctors are wonderful, great coworkers. but the Management have no Idea the workload, you could go all day and never see them. they don't order the supplies you need when you need it, you could go weeks without the right size needle for injections. you ask them to help you and they pass the request off to someone else or say they will help and don't. when they do they screw it up and you end up spending extra time fixing what they did. they force you to move all supplies out of the room and then you have to run to find supplies that you should have had in your rooms for procedures. they are never around when you need them. often both managers were out to lunch together for 1 1/2 hours. Honor Health is trying to get rid of past John c Lincoln employees because they want to do patient care. Honor Health is more concerned about money, and the bottom line than patient care
Pros
Doctors, coworkers, benefits
Cons
Very exhausting & highly stressful place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2018
Often you are short staffed, having to take on extra patients. You are on your feet nonstop most of your 12 hour shift. Over 4 years I only got one 15 minute break in the morning and 6 times in the late afternoon. On average, at least once a week you don’t get a lunch break either and if you do, most of the nurses are busy charting during that 30 minutes & trying to wolf down a sandwich. Not a real break. In addition because you are so busy during your shift you normally stay extra to finish your charting. At times nurses have been there up to 3 hours after their shift, charting. Usually however it is mostly only an hour. You are lucky to get off on time one or twice a month, if that. When management increases your patient load, you are reprimanded if you have any objections. Some of the charge nurses are great in helping other not so much. Some charge nurses are great bedside nurses but don’t know anything about how to manage people. Your Teammates are wonderful & the team work is outstanding. Many nurses suffer from various aliments-such as back pain, lots of foot pain, headaches, stomach upsets, yet they solder on. Management just keeps putting more & more on the nursing staff until sheer exhaustion & they still put more on. The stress level is extreme, yet the culture is such that everyone is afraid to complain. Lots of turnover in staff.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Long hours on your feet, few if any breaks on your shift
My 11 year’s at Honor Health was exceptional as I loved my position there.
Audiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2018
Coordinating patient care and meeting new people was very rewarding. Each day was a new experience for me and my patients as we learned new technology each year with the hearing aid advances.
Department was knowledgeable
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 5, 2018
Environment was relaxed
Learned a lot of things
Meant down to earth individuals
Meant customer needs
Provided skills you needed to perform your job
Would recommend
very busy and growing facilitiy
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2018
I started out as a floor tech and worked my way up rapidly. a normal day for me was to ensure all floor work was done while handling all inbound calls at night from the floors for things needing to be done right away ie mop ups curtain pulls.
Cut throat atmosphere where "perceptions" outweigh the truth.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2018
You are dealing with everything from Psych patients to the elderly and rehab. I learned that your biggest challenge is your ability to do your job properly. Management creates an atmosphere of protectionism and is not to be trusted. It seems that it is okay to lie, mislead, and you will be protected under the guise of perception. You will be reprimanded for next to nothing, but if you are friendly with management you can get away with anything, Nepotism is rampant.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the internal politics and just trying to do your job . The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet and engage with people from all walks of life and share their stories. It is a comfort to know you can make a difference in their lives with just a few words of kindness or just listening.
Super busy
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 30, 2018
Was not Honor Health when I worked there. When it was JCL Your Family Medicine it was not a good place to work. Constant turn over. Employees bickering in front of patients.
Excellent
Interpreter (Lead) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
Highly recommend. Don't have any complaints. Good management, positive culture. Felt a great deal of support and everyone was out to help the team as a whole.
Amazing company that's still growing....
Talent Acquisition - Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2018
I've recently joined the HonorHealth team and I have been beyond blown away by the culture and people here. I've worked in talent acquisition/ recruitment for the majority of my career, and HonorHealth really has a reputation of excellence and so far they have lived up to that. It's refreshing to wake up and want to go to work and be around people who are not only excited to be there, but happy to be apart of the change.
Pros
Great Benefits, amazing people, flexibility, stability of company, job stability, awesome health benefits and great perks
Cons
None yet - some growing pains from the merger.
Great healthcare facility
Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 18, 2018
This was my first healthcare job. It's not super hard but definitely a stressful job. The company focus' on a lot of details but personally I don't believe the things they make important are all that important.
Dangerously short minded
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2018
I have worked there for 2 years now, there is a stunningly high turnover rate at the lab. Management does not seem capable or interested in retaining current or strong employees. So short staffed that sacrifices have been made to patient care and lab staff have made errors/delays. I have personally seen errors so glaring that they risk losing transfusion medicine altogether. Before the company responds to this, yes, I have taken these issues up with my supervisor, director, and when all else failed, I wasted my day off trying to get hold of someone in HR, who hasn't returned my calls in over a week and a half. It could be a wonderful place to work with all the autonomy that we're given, but without adequate staff, positive retention, or performance based compensation, I'm afraid this network is going to have to live in the shadow of "what could."
Pros
Freedom to bring forward ideas
Cons
Staffing, compensation
Management of Central Surgery Scheduling
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  NSSCOctober 16, 2018
I find it hard to believe that the management is still there. They have treated people so unfairly , they have broken up a wonderful department, they have been demoted by people taking away departments they should have had a handle on. The leaders are poorly professional, they talk to people badly, they look unprofessional, and sloppy. Not a role model for others at all. They hired a new VP to look over this department and she has failed, she is doing nothing about it. Many employees went to HR and they have done nothing about it. How do they get away with this still. Very sad that people lost jobs. When they hire people the last a few days and quit. Why hasn't the President reviewed this department. Honnorhealth was a wonderful place to work until they hired the new management team for surgery scheduling including the VP. Please President save your name, save the department and the good people you have. Walk through talk to staff, they have let some AWESOME people leave which they should have stopped. Thank you. A concerned employee that left but loved my job until all this happen.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very POOR Management
Honorhealth
Transfer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 9, 2018
Typical day is fast paced and not always with direction. Could be more organized. The hours are long but works out if you want to have a few days off during the week.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
Need for Better Communication and Employee Engagement
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 7, 2018
There is a need for better communication and employee engagement within the company. When I first started at HonorHealth I had a great deal of projects that needed to be completed by a set deadline that I didn’t notice how poor the chain of command was. Those in management were hard to get ahold of and were often condescending when I asked for more instructions. As it relates to employee engagement, I never felt like I was a member of the team and felt like I did not belong in the organization.
Cons
Bad communication, high stress, lack of flexibility
Poor director/ manager communication with employees
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2018
Lack of communication.
Director chooses favorites
Director is unfair with those who arent fluently in english
I was there 2 months & felt all the toxic environment coming from the director & the Lead employees of evs.
Pros
Pto. If u get it approved
Cons
Director/leads lack of profession
Poor management
Registration/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tatum and Union HillsOctober 4, 2018
Extremely poor management. They didn't want to listen to my concerns, as well as other staff concerns. This office was run poorly which caused multiple errors in appointment scheduling and other errors. Poor training as well, no support system. I worked there when it was John V Lincoln and it was great, then Scottsdale Ztook over and it starting declining. Then when new management come into play it only got worse. Multiple employees left before I did, as well as others are looking to leave.
Cons
Poor management
love it
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2018
I loved working for Honor Health. I had a blast daily with the doctors and the nurses. The days would go by fast as we made our days fun. The patients were awesome as well.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Far from home
Official response from HonorHealth
October 2, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for the great feedback! We are happy to hear you had a great experience at HonorHealth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HonorHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight