HOODZ Employee Reviews

Speaking from experience
Hood Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSJune 12, 2019
The company is currently working in two different Crews. The crew I worked in was just myself and the company owners brother. Commuting mostly to New Orleans in a roach-infested Ford F-150. My supervisor was ultimately useless and sat on his phone most of the night in his truck chain-smoking his second pack of cigarettes while I did most of the work. Sometimes we would have to clean a kitchen that requires both Crews and the other crew leader's work ethic isn't any better. His crew includes his son and his son's friend and they pretty much do most of the labor from what I've been told when they are at their own kitchen for the night..when commuting to New Orleans your time doesn't start till you pass slidell and stops at slidell on the way back. You will rarely get a lunch break and rushed in certain kitchens but the two supervisors always buddy up to sneak away for food. Overall they're hiring you so they can sit back and make a check while you labor for half they're pay. Just like the job listing says "no experience necessary" oh, because a monkey could do the work. Probably manage it better too.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Many
HOODZ Gulf Coast
Laborer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulf CoastJune 10, 2019
The owner is just worried about making money. His brother is a supervisor who sits on his phone on dating sites & smoking all night while one man does all the work. The other supervisor is very verbally abusive. When both teams work together the supervisors leave the workers alone to work & go eat while the workers don't get a break all night! The owner will promise you the moon & stars to get you hired on & doesn't stay true to his word. This particular HOODZ has a very high overturn due to the working conditions. They do not provide any safety equipment & you do have to get on top of the roof. The job itself is very easy. Also on nights you work in New Orleans, you don't start getting paid until you hit Slidell...so you are on the clock for an hour driving for free. The owner has been informed of all issues & nothing changes.
Cons
No breaks, no structure, supervisors useless & verbally abusive.
Good place to work. Good people. Decent pay.
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 25, 2019
Don't trust bad reviews from disgruntled workers! Sure, some locations might have some issues but HOODZ of Clackamas in Portland OR was a good place to work. They paid higher than average and kept us busy with work. The crew was fun to work with and the manager/owner was fair.

Sometimes the work is hard, but mostly it is pretty routine and not too bad. Once the job is done, we go home!
Pros
Good pay! Free energy drinks!! Night shift is cool.
Cons
Sometimes it can be messy and wet.
Decent place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 17, 2019
Night work. Its not difficult but it can be if you don't work as a team.

Job consists of going to locations (typically after hours) and cleaning the hoods with a pressure washer and chemical.

Following safety protocol is important due to the uses of chemicals.

Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Easy work, provided with vehicle for jobs, always have proper gear
Cons
Night work
Stable and Productive place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMarch 20, 2019
As an operations manager, it is my job to ensure the smooth runnings of the day to day operations for the company.

I work on the schedule and direct interaction with clients to ensure proper times and protocols are relayed to the employees. I order stock and keep check on inventory and the tools needed by the employees to perform their day to day functions.

I process invoices, keep track on workers hours, review job pictures and service reports. I communicate with corporate to ensure that the jobs being done are up to par with the standards set forth by them.

The owner is a great guy who strives to be the best in the business and i do my part to ensure that happens as well as continued growth.

Hardest part of my job would be dealing with the phone calls from the employees at 2am when they are having issues with building access, keys, machines that break down over time, etc...

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see my results in a dollar figure amount and being able to know that in the past month ive brought in 110k increased yearly revenue.
Pros
Salaried, hours might be shorter based on my workload that day, Ample time off if needed
Cons
lack of insurance plans (in the works), pay isnt the highest for our market area, some days will be long based on the workload
Taken advantage of
Hood Technician, roof specialist. (Former Employee) –  Howell, NJMarch 4, 2019
No protective gear. Terrible boss and crew. Put me on salary, but I had to miss a day, so for that week I was taken off of salary and made 3 dollars an hour less than what I was making as punishment. They break all codes of the board of labor and OSHA. Good luck. I hope you make it home to your family.
Pros
Free drinks (non alcoholic)
Cons
Every. Single. Thing.
Loved the work
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 2, 2019
Loved the hood cleaning job I have been out of it for about 3 years and would drop just about anything to get back in hood cleaning I'm in the Wytheville Va area any hood cleaning business around that needs a good hood cleaner can do either inside or roof top work can do small jobs for example Sheetz alone email me
Pros
Work environment decent pay
Cons
Long hours alot of driving
Good pay but infinitely frustrating
Specialty Cleaning Technician (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJFebruary 12, 2019
The pay was good, but the hours were long, and all over the place. Sometimes you'd have 24 hours between shifts, sometimes 10. Also, no meal breaks.
Pros
Good pay/benfits, opportunity to advance
Cons
Insane hours, tedious work
I enjoy the work style
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  North west FloridaJanuary 31, 2019
I work for Hoodz of North west Florida the owners are great people. Its hard to get people to stay at this company because of the chemical we use to clean, so yes it's stressful but you have to realize it's also stressful for the owners as well I see alot bad ratings for Hoodz all over the us alot of people complaining About ex cons working for them you have to understand not alot of people want to work around the chemical we use or work at night so you have to hire anyone you can and give them a try in order to keep the company afloat this is a hard industry to own and operate due to the lack of people that like this kind of work I would not recommend this job to cry babies, drunks due to the accidents I've seen involving falls and spraying them selves with the chemical, or any one that can't handle working 12 hours with little to no breaks. For me I like it like that time goes by so fast and I enjoy working at night I also enjoy the industry I quit Plumbing which I have 18 years of experience in and made more money doing just because I ga HOodz of North west Florida has great owners and they do care for there employees
Pros
Pay and fast pace
Cons
Chemical Burns and stress
Poor work conditions
Spray tech (Current Employee) –  Lagrangeville, NYJanuary 19, 2019
Told that you get a 13 dollars per hour since I’ve started it’s been 12.75 with no sign of a raise. New employees come and go and/or are fired due to unproductive behavior. Working with ex cons. Not recommended if you’re looking for something long term due to the lack of reasons to even want to stay. Use of extremely harmful chemicals that will burn the hair and skin badly. Gloves are cheap quality and always break so there’s a lack of protection. Lowest amount of money made 280 dollars.
Pros
Cons
Ex cons, burns, hard work and no pay.
No appreciation
Hood Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Job is too dangerous especially in the winter and rain there some night you would work 14 hours a day then the boss don’t show no appreciation it sad.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Too dangerous
Horrible Place
Technician (Former Employee) –  West Deptford, NJNovember 18, 2018
Trash workplace they make you work for them and then don't tell you when you have to go back to work horrible experience I won't recommend this to nobody.
Pros
Nothing good about this workplace
great awesoime wonderful
Assistant Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2018
every day was great i realy felt like a wondeful person when i worked there. I learned alot and met many new contacts. everything was wonderful everyubody was my frie nd. the boess was really cool
Decent place to work overall
Technician (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, VANovember 9, 2018
Good job security, management was good, lots of overtime, sometimes the hours were stressful, lots of time working together with your co workers so its almost a family type environment
demanding job but treated well and compensated fairly
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
demanding job but treated well and compensated fairly. employer was more than willing to provide the tools and equipment necessary to complete the job. long hours though.
horrible
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, NYJuly 27, 2018
The job itself was super easy and ok pay but there was no communication, no safe uniforms for employees. This company does not care and will fire you for any little thing.
It is what you make it.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMay 27, 2018
Loved the team I was with. Work was iffy (DEPENDING ON WHO YOU WERE STUCK WITH). For the most part, it was fun. I didn't have much gripes about the job, just found something a bit better to my life's schedule. Would have been the most awesome job if they could rid themselves of a few poor attitudes/egos.
Pros
Hours, pay, and off Friday/Saturday
Cons
Some people with terrible attitudes, teamwork sometimes is you and you, work can be dangerous, jobs can go on for 10 hours plus
Not a good place of employment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
Upper management has a lack of knowledge for the field. Too many people involved in this franchise company for the worker to get paid no type of medical benefits no set schedules you get your schedule a few hours before you have to go in this job seems to attract less desirable employees
HOODZ OF NY is a growing company and there's lots of opportunities
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  NYCDecember 20, 2017
I like this job because it's fast paced and demanding and what I like most about it is the culture of appreciation. I feel that anytime I go the extra mile it's recognized and rewarded. The hours and schedule can be demanding at times but if you treat it as a career and not just a job you can really make good money and have stability for your family and yourself.
Pros
Paid bonuses, Paid time off, No one over your shoulder barking orders. Left to your own to complete the work.
Cons
Dirty work. Complex night schedule. Hard work.
Longbeach, Ms. Worst place to ever work.
Labor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSDecember 20, 2017
I would like to say.. (Hoodz) of the Gulf Coast.
Longbeach Mississippi. Has the Most Worst Infrastructure, within the Company and Owner.
Lack of Communication Skills between the Lead techs
And Owner. And False Advertisement For Employment.
Everything promised is a lie In there Employment Advertisement. This Company has Non- Educated Felons working within the Company and plays a major role in High Turn overs. This is not a Great place to work by any means at all. This Company is running by a thread I say. But don't take my word for it. Have at it.
Cons
Bad Infrastructure.