Hooper Holmes Employee Reviews

Helps u keep up your M.A. skills
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  ContractorMarch 5, 2018
Overall, H/H is a good Co. to work, U are
ALWAYS PAID IN A TIMELY MANNER!!?!
The majority of your co-workers workers are
medical assistants , nurses (retired) who are
only looking for part-time work !
Pros
Work when U want to Work!!!!
Cons
Some mos. are Very Slow. !!!
Positive work environment
Health Screening Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 2, 2018
I have been working here for almost a year. This is a great company to work for in this field. You can make your own schedule, and the pay is really good. This company really shows you that you are appreciated.
I loved my job, the travel, the people, and the perks.
Field Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 27, 2018
A typical day at work was emails after emails, conference calls, management of my accounts that i overseen. I learned to grow and my maturity level from the day I started to the end was very high. I had a great boss. One of the best bosses I have ever had. I actually can say that I was able to work 100 % professional with everyone in this business. A great diverse of people. I built great relationships in and outside of work across the United States. The hardest part about the job was sometimes being on the road or in the air, hotel living sometimes 24 days out of a month. So not seeing my children or grandchildren very often from Sept-Nov. But my family understood it was business. I had the best of both worlds I was able to travel and visit 35 states in my time of working with HH, I had the ability of working in the office or at home.
Pros
Travel, meeting people all over the US, worked in office or at home
Cons
Healthcare cost, merge with another company that took over and everything changed.
Hooper Holmes
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJJanuary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working with Hooper Holmes. It's a great part-time job. I wish there were full-time positions available where I was located. I would definitely recommend this company.
Good Company
Health Screening Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
Good Management !! Good working experienced, good pay and nice meeting different patients. Traveled from 1 place to another to perform duties. Managed my own time regards on scheduling patients to meet expectations.
Company Financially Strapped
Chief Revenue Officer (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 19, 2017
Service to customers was secondary. The company is financially struggling and their vendors are not paid in timely fashion. Few employee benefits and poor leadership.
Very Flexible
Examiner (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 22, 2017
I am an independent contractor and can choose when and where I want/can work.
We go to all kinds of businesses and factories and do health and wellness screenings for insurance purposes.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not a consistant income unless willing to travel
Fun place to work-I meet lots of people
Examiner (Current Employee) –  I worked in NM, CO and AZNovember 1, 2017
I worked Health biometric events for businesses. We usually work the mornings. We arrive at the event usually at 6 am. We set up our stations and then we start to examine clients. We measure height, weight, waist and hip measurements. Then do a venipuncture blood draw or a fingerstick. That takes about 10 minutes. Then we call in the next person in line.
It is a fun job because you meet all kinds of interesting people and I have made long lasting friends with the other examiners that I work with.
The hardest part of the job was getting up in the morning for the early arrival times'
I have learned a lot doing exams. You gets ideas from other examiners and you get really good at blood draws and making friends with people you didn't know before.
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Sometimes you work with grumpy people. Noot very much though
Excellantt Company to work for
Purchasing Agent for Medical Device Test Kits (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 25, 2017
I started off in the accounting department and then moved to Purchasing after 5 years. I have done A/R and A/P. All the managers that I had at Hooper Holmes were great. They took the time to teach me and to make me feel a part of each department. My last manager did not have a problem for me to go to other departments to work when times were slow. I left the company to move back to OK.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great People, Great Bosses
Cons
No reaises for a few yesrs in a row.
examiner/contractor
Independent Examiner (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 19, 2017
I am a contractor and do health and wellness events and special studies for them. Not hard to work for, a lot of traveling. Most events are not local.
Great learning experience.
Biometrics Examiner/Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2017
I learned how to do health examinations, bio-metrics as well as the breath tests.

Management was very helpful in the questions that needed to be answered.

Traveling to different places was pretty enjoyable most of the time.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
not steady enough to be a full time job
Great company if you love to work and travel.
Health and Wellness Examiner (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 10, 2017
I learned how to spin down blood and collect blood properly pack and ship it off. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I got to work with AWSOME people and learn short cuts.
Fast paced
Area Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 15, 2017
A stressful work environment, cut throat, and fast paced. Not all rules apply to everyone. Hooper is an over all good company to work for if you would just go tod work and mind your own business. Never get with the "In crowd", be your own leader and self-motivator.
Pros
work
Cons
no lunch during busy times, lack of compassion
Productive and Fun Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062May 30, 2017
Productive and Fun Work Place. Co-workers are like family. I've learned patience while working here. The People are outgoing and always helpful. A great company to work for.
Enjoyed the work
Travelling Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 13, 2017
Great people to work with
set my own schedule,
met new and interesting people everyday.
got to travel all over the nation
steady work rate
good pay & plenty advancement opportunities
Little work in my area
Health Screener utilizing my CPT1 Certification (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 11, 2017
The work is fine, utilizing all the same equipment other similar companies do. The leads are great. They do not pay very well but give huge bonuses when they are desperate! There is not very much work in the San Jose area though.
Pros
Good leads
Cons
pay is low
great
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 12, 2017
Enjoy working for hooper holmes. plenty of work and was often able to travel. great pay. wish they provided benefits but honestly they paid well enough to go out and get your own benefits.
Already reviews this
Client Counselor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 5, 2017
I already reviewed this earlier. I call clients with abnormal lab results, help them decide how to improve them, and encourage them to see their PCP to attain improvements.
Productive and a nice pleasant place to work at.
Paramedical Mobile Examiner (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 29, 2017
Enjoy working at Hooper Holmes. It allows me to make my own schedule. Also to add another job or do other activities or take courses and renew my CPR each year.
I enjoyed working for Hooper Holmes
Health and Wellness Examiner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Independence in scheduling your work time. I didnt have any other issues with working there. Management was very helpful and available. I worked directly from home, so my communicaton with staff was completely online or by telephone.
Pros
Very Flexible Scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooper Holmes. Our community is ready to answer.