Hooters Employee Reviews

Found 1,502 reviews matching the search See all 1,636 reviews
Not impressed
Kitchen Captain (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIDecember 9, 2018
Be prepared to play politics and games. If not ready to kiss butt, won't go far with this company. Not a lot of secure stores in Michigan. Growing company, but not in Michigan
Brand still has potential
FOH & BOH Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 7, 2018
I have had the benefit of working at a couple of locations and guesting(helping at alt location) at a few more during my time with Hooters. So I have seen how locations can be ran differently to their success and detriment. I truly wish I did not leave the second location I was assigned to within the company, it was the most supportive and well run of any location I had stepped into. The brand needs to strentghen up on organization and that needs to start at the very top. No more last minute, unthought out or poorly communicated specials. The in-store managers need better compensation, work/life balance, and guaranteed holidays off. Especially if corporate office has holidays and days either before or after off depending on when the holiday falls.
Pros
Relaxed environment, decent benefits, fair bonus structure
Cons
Needs better localized oversight
Fun workplace
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2018
Fun workplace listen to music friendly people girls booties is visible that's dope it's right down the street from where I live so it's very convient for me and they have a flexible work schedule
Hooters is a fun and joyful place to work.
Kitchen Captain & Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2018
As fun and joyful as it is to work at Hooters, the corporate model of how they develop their employees is lacking. They do not pay well and require a lot of attention to detail. They do not supply all necessary tools and resources but still expect a great job. Leaders, managers, and upper management set unrealistic goals, and practice the same routines expecting different results. Insane right? Overall if you need flexible hours, a relaxed yet fun and exciting environment hooters is good for that. Just understand if you want to grow with the company you will have to endure a lot of hard days and nights and maybe with the right management team they will offer you a chance to grow.
Pros
Flexible, fun environment, exciting job.
Cons
Very low rate for advancement with the company.
Fun and lively pace to work
New Store construction superintendent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2018
This employer is great for young people looking to learn in a fun environment while earning a good living. Overall its a respected company with good values.
really fun!!
To-Go Host (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2018
Although people typically look at Hooters as a trashy place to work, it really is just a restaurant. Very fun there especially if you get along with your coworkers and managers. The customers always put me in a good mood and were generous with their time and some regulars would come in just to talk to me even if it was out of their way. On football and UFC fight nights it gets CRAZY busy especially if you're low staffed in the kitchen how ours was 8/10 times. A typical day as a hostess or togo was pretty easy if you know what you're doing. They make you go through a lot of online training but its really easy, and you have to pay to do an online class for alcohol serving even as a host. My managers were pretty cool for the most part especially after getting to know them and being there for a while. The hardest part of the job was just when it got really busy but every restaurant will have its busy nights, so it wasn't anything unexpected. My favorite part of the job was just the whole atmosphere, there were very few days that I didn't enjoy myself on the job. Wouldn't have left if they had promoted me to server after being promised. It can be a little hard to get along with the girls because they tend to be pretty cliquey but as long as you help everyone out you will be fine!
Pros
Nice customers, very fun environment
Cons
Late nights
fun job
Server (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 5, 2018
I loved the hooters uniform, that was actually the reason I went to work there in the first place because I wanted the outfit. It is pretty much like any other serving job except what you wear. It really is very family orientated. They offer you to be able to be on the ca lenders, so there is a lot of modeling opportunities here. However they are not very flexible at all.
Pros
love the outfit
Cons
not flexible with hours at all
Being a “Hooters girl”
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILDecember 5, 2018
Working at a corporate Hooters gave me great experience. The training was very uniform and professional and the rules were laid out very clearly. However at times it felt the management picked favorites, and other girls who didn’t have the right look they wanted were singled out. Working in a restaurant solely based so much around image and being the escape that most customers come to experience is a lot of pressure. I don’t think Hooters was the best fit for me, but I can say confidently that I worked my hardest every single shift.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
No benefits, not enough pay off
Fun job. Very rewarding. Compensated well
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 4, 2018
I have enjoyed working with this company for 7 years. Pay is good depending on how well you do your job. Opportunity for advancement is there. Great environment.
Fun work environment with good money
Server (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MADecember 4, 2018
The shifts consisted of long hours, the tips were good, competitive work environment where you have to pull your own tables, great girls, poor management styles.
Over worked and under paid
Trainer/ Server/ Head Wait/ Host/ To-Go (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 4, 2018
The restaurant was not up to code on health issues. The customers are rude and creepy. The girls are rude and cut throat. I made absolutely no money. This job caused me to have a mental breakdown.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
No money, creepy customers
It was OK!
Server, Hooters' Girl (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2018
It was OK. It was a very high anxiety work place for me personally. It was competitive in a way I felt was overwhelming because I was unsure on what exactly we were working for.
Fun place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 3, 2018
Great company to work for. I really enjoy going into work everyday. Motto of "work hard, have fun and make money" is the way it is. The most enjoyable part is getting to interact with guests everyday.
hooters
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 3, 2018
I have not worked here for a while. I am not sure what goes on there any more. would not be fair for them... 50 plus hour worked weeks for a manager..
Poor management.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 2, 2018
Poor management. Very unprofessional. Everyone including the managers does drugs. The managers do not care about your well being or anything pertaining to the employee.
Dress code, but worth it
BARTENDER AND TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 1, 2018
I started out as a bartender and really enjoyed it. I became familiar with several specialty cocktails as well as the menu in the span of two weeks. Fun, fast-paced environment.
Fun job, bad experience with coworkers.
Server (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 1, 2018
As a Hooters Girl, I absolutely loved my job. I loved being a waitress there.
Management and the girls were another thing. Obviously these are things that will vary from place to place. But at the flint location, favoritism was the number one reason why i left. One of the managers didn’t say or do anything when I was innapropriately touched by a costumer that was sitting at the same table that my manager was sitting at. That is, she didn’t say anything to the costumer until someone came in later that night to talk to her ab it. After that, she treated me different than the other girls. I was closing the night I put in my two weeks. The girl that left at 11 was supposed to do side work; take out ice, take trash and tea back, stock. She didn’t do any of these things and when the same manager looked the site over, she didn’t say anything to this girl bc it’s well known that they get along super well.
I never did half the things other girls there did like not showing and calling (until the last two days) or always getting orders wrong.
I loved this job but this certain manager literally ruined it.
Pros
Employee discount.
Cons
Creepy men, favoritism.
Food & Beverage
Casino Hotel F&B Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2018
The Food and Beverage side of the house has always been a challenge. The staff works hard to try and stay on top of things. The building is old but is still holding up.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Fun place
Waste of time
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 28, 2018
If I could take all of the time i've given to Hooters back i would. This company does not appreciate its employees. You will be asked to go the extra mile and given broken promises . No way in the world I would ever suggest for any one to work for this company .
LOVE this Company
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLNovember 27, 2018
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about hooters. I loved the managers and the girls I worked with. I was such fun working environment. There was so much flexibility with the schedule which made it a perfect job as a student to pick up or release shifts when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss