Hooters Employee Reviews

Found 1,446 reviews matching the search See all 1,577 reviews
Hooters is a great starting job.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 22, 2018
My expierence with working at hooters overall has been pretty good. I think of Hooters as my first real job. It's great for young girl becauce it teaches us confidence and also people skills.
Pros
Tips everyday.
Cons
Strict apperance policy.
Hooters
Sever (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 22, 2018
Hooters would be a great job if the management was better. I have to fight for hours and I’ve been there longer than most the girls. They is way to much favoritism.
Good way to make good tips
Server (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2018
Nice way to make some quick cash if you don't mind the outfit. Pretty laid back enviroment and managment was good about not letting customers harass yo. They like you to look nice by they aren't super strict on how your hair and make up looks. Very nitpicky on tights having holes in them
Pros
Easy cash, lottle sidework
Cons
Creepy customers
Fun atmosphere and decent tips.
Hooters Girl (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TX/Mesquite, TXOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed working here and hanging out with the customers. The tips were also a major plus. Really enjoyed the company.Fast pace environment and have to be quick on your feet.
Pros
Tips
Cons
On your feet for several hours.
Friendly environment
Sever (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILOctober 17, 2018
Its a very friendly and fun atmosphere. My biggest goal is too make all my clients satisfied with there time at Hooters. I enjoy going to work and start my day with a smile to satisfied their expectations.
Bartender/Hostess/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 17, 2018
There weren't any benefits, but the pay was good until management changed! I liked the uniform and the management makes a good effort to make sure you are comfortable, and no creepy customers hit on you.
Pros
fun work environment, discounted food
Cons
no benefits
Fun workplace
BARTENDER/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 17, 2018
Really enjoyed working for this company. Made lifetime friends. Made great money while having fun. Staff had great teamwork skills. Enjoyed working promos within the community.
Horrible Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 17, 2018
Company doesn't believe in change at all for team members or itself. Old ways of doing business and modeling of company is negatively affecting everyone in day to day operations. Managers severely overworked with no positives such as monetary compensation or quality of life a concern from anyone at corporate. Hooter Girls completely outdated and either excludes a lot of talent or runs current girls off. The company doesn't care about it's people at all and it shows.
Pros
Free Meals for Managers
Cons
Quality of Life, Salary, Team & Self Development, Internal Promoting, Workload
hooters
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 16, 2018
it was overall a decent place to work.. had to move because of school. i made good money there and i had so much fun interacting with my customers on such a great level
Hooters Girl
Regional Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 15, 2018
I worked for hooters for about 7 years. Hands down the best company to work for. Can really think of anything negative to say! So much room for growth in so many areas.
Fun place to work just bad location
Hooters Girl (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 15, 2018
They're really flexible with your schedule, pretty easy job overall . Sometimes its really slow and they wont cut but you can still make pretty decent money.
Pros
50 % off employee meals, flexible schedule, fun place to work
Cons
Too Many girls scheduled, Not cutting when it is needed
Great Company
Waiter Cashier (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 14, 2018
I love the environment and all of my co workers. Managers are great and helpful. I love the atmosphere here it’s peacful and welcoming. I get along with everyone and it’s like a big happy family.
It was ok to work there
Grilling (Former Employee) –  Southgate, CAOctober 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Southgate Ca Hooters but sometimes i feel like there was no help and poor mgt. Was never around to help...i feel like mgt needs to step it up and hiring more experienced cooks and more better services in welcoming in to a eating place and more team work
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaks
Worse job ever
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 11, 2018
Backstab to advance you never knew if your staff would show up. Had to cook all the time regional complete clown. GM position has revolving door. Corporate is trying to make Hooters an Applebees with short shorts and a tank top.
Pros
Nome
Cons
Poor staff
An Overall Great Company to work for
Cook/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2018
I honestly have no bad words to say about this Company if your willing to put in the Time and Effort you will be Rewarded it’s rare to find a Company as large as Hooters that still take the Time to ensure that their Employees are Happy
Horrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2018
Just don't work at the one on Tropicana in Las Vegas. Horrible place to work, unless you enjoy being miserable on a daily basis. Management is so rude; servers are always rude.
Pros
good food
Cons
Everything else
Great Personal Growth Experience
Head Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJOctober 10, 2018
The best experience given as a waitress and for life skills. I was able to become a leader, a trainer, I traveled for events, and learned that I always underestimated myself. I ended up being the top Bartender/Server in our Region and loved my job so much. I was given the upmost respect and gained friendships, self confidence, and I learned how to handle myself in tough situations. No experience was needed, you just needed to WANT to work and have a great attitude!
Great environment but the girls ran the company not the managers.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 6, 2018
It's difficult to work at Hooters at times being a male manager. If the girls get mad at you for any reason they would complain and get you in trouble. This could happen just because you didn't let them go early one night.
Stepping stone job opportunity
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 4, 2018
I learned a lot during my time working for Hooters. It helped me develop skills and learn aspects of the restaurant industry. I look forward to moving on, but I don't regret the time I spent with the company.
Easy place to work, laid back but did not have good leadership
Cook/trainer (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 4, 2018
Managers needed better training or to at least care about the daily activity of the restaurant. The general manager at the time did not seem to care and the lower management had to pick up his slack

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss