Hooters Employee Reviews

Don’t
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 22, 2018
Hooters’s was a learning opportunity but I’ve regretted my decision to be employed by them. My personality has been altered by the amount of stress. The store could be the only poor store but the Human Resources department is awful.
Amazing work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WI 53005June 21, 2018
I loved working here, everyday was fun and exciting. Everyday something new and theres so many girls i became so close with. I would reccmand any confident girl to work there.
Pros
free food
Cons
no cons
No fun just work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
If management was on top of everything, then everything would be great. It has its perks but its not all good. Like they do not offer 401k to there employees. Healthcare is offered but you have to pester them to give it to you. Once you ask about it they still give you the run around about the enrollment date.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No breaks
Stressful
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 18, 2018
Hooters needs an update. The overall concept needs a more modern vibe..still trying to hold on to the 80s way of operations. Some of the stuffy office people making some of the decisions should be required to work actual shifts and not the easy am shifts.. In some of the busier stores in various region's regularly before coming up with these ridiculous approval practices and horrible menu LOTs. Some practices give a lot of ammunition for complainers.
Fun fast paced good people great food
Lead Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Newport, KYJune 18, 2018
Loving work environment great staff and management great regular customers...its like family everybody knows your name and treats you with respect... One of the best companies i ever been associated with
Pros
Free food
Mixed feelings
Hooters girl (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 17, 2018
I love and hate this job all at the same time. Money fluctuates because we only make tips sometimes I leave with $60 some days I'll leave with $300. There is a lot of the drama with the girls. I have 4 managers and some of them tend to favor certain girls and let them get away with anything while others handle there business.
Cons
No breaks.
Fun workplace
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2018
It is a really friendly place. All the co workers were fun and upbeat. We would dress up for certain Holliday’s like Halloween/ Valentine’s Day . Great family place
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No breaks
excellent place to gain knowledge and experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 15, 2018
A wonderful place for experienced servers to blossom into professional service industry personnel. Great income provider where you interact with different guests to gain experience in even difficult situations.
They are a very good family orianted reasturant to go to for birthdays. Celebrations baby showers there food is amazing and i love being a hooter girl
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2018
When working at hooters i learned the value of real family quality the hoot girls were awsome the people you meet there are amazing and diffrent ways.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Small short breaks
productive and fun always a happy environment
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 14, 2018
Hooters was always a fun place to work at it had its moments of bad and the girls having a bad attitude but at the end of the day it was like a family everyone was always willing to helping one another.
Pros
free uniforms, free food, good work environment
Cons
no breaks
mesa hooters
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 14, 2018
It was a fun journey with the girls! Money was not consistent. I could pull $200 on a double or $80. The managers all had our best interests at heart and there are some great regulars!
fun environment but poor management
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 14, 2018
all of the girls get along pretty well but when it's time for management to step in, it gets unprofessional and not much help is guranteed. The way they handle their workers is very poorly
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 13, 2018
Fun and fast paces and I built great friendships with my employees. The pay was terrible with zero benefits and time off was near impossible to get. Advancing was hard because it was more of a favoritism thing. Breaks did not exist even if you were working from open to close however if you smoke you get a break.
fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJune 12, 2018
Hooters is a fun, relaxed environment but it is not somewhere you would want to work if you have bills to pay. It is more of a side job you’d choose if you need a little extra spending money.
Fun atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 12, 2018
Love working and building relationships with the girls and other staff. Never a dull moment and a fun atmosphere always makes for a better work day! Do what you love and love what you do!
Pros
Discount on food!
Great place overall to work
CERTIFIED (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 11, 2018
Sometimes it is slow, sometimes it is busy. It is usually busy during the day more so than at night. I learn a lot from working there. The managers are fair and very nice toward their employees.
Long Hours and low pay
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 11, 2018
Never once received a bonus, raise or evaluation. Had to fight to get a vacation and even then had to cut it short. Hooters is not what it used to be.
Amazing place to work
SERVER/BARTENDER/FOH TRAINER (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 11, 2018
Super fun, good money, great opportunities, family atmosphere!! Its easy to move up if you work hard enough. I think that it really depends on the managers to be honest. However there is a lot of gossip and rumors but if you stay to yourself and ignore that you'll be fine.
Pros
discounted food, job advancement
Cons
barely any breaks
I love hooters
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 10, 2018
This is one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure of working for!!!!! I love my management team and the girls I work with are incredibly welcoming!
Fun people, stressful
Staff (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 9, 2018
As a staff guy you had to provide help, but almost never receive any. There was never consistent dishwashers. And it would take weeks before another would be hired.
Pros
Discounts, people
Cons
Work, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.