Hooters

Hooters insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Hoots

It’s basically graveyard shifts with girls who won’t date you so don’t try mixed with bad pay and nice friends. If you wanna work here to make money or talk to girls don’t try but if you want nice friends then go for it

Pros

Friends, nightjob

Cons

Bad pay, lot of work

Fun, Fast Paced Work Environment

If you’re hardworking and motivated this is a great place to make money. Management cares about their staff and makes it a great environment to work in. The job is fun and flexible when it comes to scheduling.

Pros

Flexible Schedules

Cons

Short breaks, slow shifts

It was ok

I mean the job is exactly what you think it will be. You have to have a specific mindset when going into a job like this. I would just mentally prepare yourself.

Amazing Fun

Managers were very helpful what is a team leader in 30 days very flexible schedules 50s vacation time and other benefitS. You make a lot of new friends

Pros

Schedule

Cons

Low pay

productive and fun environment despite the lack of safety from management

This a fun and fast paced work environment. The only downfall would be the managers did not always handle situations with customers in the right way.

We all got alone we’ll

To get the job we got together as a team to make sure that we leave the store with good service an attitudes was positive an everyone was happy sometimes if I had to time I go help out wit the ladies busting the tables

Pros

Cons

For a couple minutes

Great money and fun atmosphere

Honestly a great place to work overall! You can make a lot of money with only a few shifts a week. I have a lot of fun and really appreciate the flexibility with time off and hours.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

No gratuity

Managment could be better. But the moneys good.

Managers are ehh they don’t really care much for there employees. But hey good quick money with flexible scheduling. And benefits suck or lack there of just know you’ll come out of pocket some $$$. Kind of sad considering the company’s worth & the revenue generated. Coworkers are friendly and you can end up building some longing friendships off a lot of the other girls positive energies. As HG you’re not a waitress your an entertainer (this a fact). So prepare to have to really entertain/chat it up with guest.

Pros

Tips, Discounted Meals, Friendly coworkers.

Cons

Lack of benefits, Apathetic management, On occasion stressful, Can be tiresome.

Be prepared

Fast pace work environment. Must be able to perform multiple task while maintaining composure. Work environment is pretty elementary in how coworkers interact.

Was a fun waitressing job for what it’s worth

During my time there, I had fun. A great job for someone in college. Aside from that there was no depth. Nights could be busy, especially during games and events, but day shifts were pretty slow.

Friendly atmosphere

Good place to work as long as you’re actually doing your job. Everyone is laid back and the management is good. You get one free meal a day and there is great work/life balance

Pros

Free meal a day

overworked and underpaid

As a hostess, you have to take on a lot more responsibilities than a busser or waitress, but with a lot less compensation. Hostesses were frequently understaffed and overworked. Duties were also spread out across the restaurant while surveillance of the front was prioritized. Waitresses got away with treating us like dirt sometimes and a decent part of the job was catering to their demands. Tips were non existent unless you were a food runner or took on the slow to go window (which you'd be happy to walk away with $30 from in a 7 hour shift). The uniform standards got a little insane to where we HAD to have our nails painted at least clear coat or we got sent home. All in all, this job was very stressful, but the hula hooping and some of the girls made it all tolerable.

Pros

free cafateria style food

Cons

terrible healthcare and hard to make tips as hostess

Overall great experience

I worked at one of the South Florida locations for over 6 years and it was one of the most fun jobs I’ve ever had. I started working there straight out of high school and continued working there until I was well out of college. It’s a great stepping stone and this job really helped me grow as a woman and as an employee. I’m a better person now because of the relationships I’ve built through working at here. On top of amazing experiences and lifelong friends, I also made great money. I highly recommend working here if you’re a young and outgoing girl looking for a flexible and fun job.

Pros

Fun experiences, friendly coworkers, lively work environment, flexible schedule

Cons

Customers can be a pain as with any customer service job

Fun work place

It’s really just like any other serving job right now. I love my coworkers and the managers are pretty good too. It’s right on the water so I really can’t complain too much

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Outside heat

Great if you're desperate for a serving job

My advice? Get a serving job anywhere else. You'll get paid similarly but while wearing more clothes. It was a great place to make friends and have fun (sometimes) at work, but the management here is power hungry and bipolar. Catch her on a good day and you'll be fine, a bad day and you might lose your job. I had so much anxiety here fearing that I'd lose my job every shift, that it had me shaking every time I stepped into work. You'll be threatened over losing your job at least once a week.

Pros

make friends, opportunities for modeling

Cons

no job stability, no free food, no breaks

Best place I’ve ever worked. Great co workers, lots of tips to be made and overall a fun place to work. Always something fun going on and you develop great regulars. also has tuition reimbursement if you are a college student.

don't work here

The managers dont care about you whatsoever. The customers are the best and sometimes worst part. Great customers make it worth while, but the ones who suck-are super creepy-try to touch you etc.

Only cares about the next dollar

Always revolving door of management. Girls are stuck up and think looking cute is going to get them tips instead of good food and service. Spend too much time talking amongst themselves instead of entertaining their tables

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Poor health care. Poor management. Overpriced

Fun workplace

It's a fun place to work to make really easy money. I had a blast working there, and you get to do promos and things outside of work that are fun as well. Management is hit or miss, alot of favoritism with some managers. But the girls all are like family. Tips are nice, uniforms are cute.

Pros

Tips, friends

Cons

No healthcare, long hours, no breaks

Fun place to work great job if you like you like waitressing.

I work for the company for more than 7 years.. I have plenty of opportunities for travel and they definitely encourage you to participate in Events outside of work.

Pros

Good money

Cons

You can only do it for so long

Find a different job

You don’t get breaks even on a double. You only get employee discounts on healthy food but nothing there is healthy. Such as a salad can’t have dressing or it’s unhealthy. Fish tacos can’t have dressing or it’s unhealthy, so you practically don’t get an employee discount. You are constantly told you will have a bad section or schedule cut if you don’t sell deserts or calendars.

Pros

Making friends

Cons

No breaks, they don’t care for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hooters.
Powered byComparably