Hooters Employee Reviews

It was productive
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2018
It was a well known location, so it was always packed. The food are good and the foods are always being made and sent out as soon as possible. It was a nice first job
Only the young GMs treat you right
Back of House Team Member (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 25, 2018
The younger general managers or assistant managers help you along the way , the older ones are not worth anything and generally , honestly , are racist. So are the people working in Georgia at Human Resources. Other than that the crews are always the best people and the girls for the most part are not the snotty chicks people assume they are. They’re smiling beautiful bubbly smoking hot bunnies.
Pros
Nice sceneary, great co workers, free kids meals
Cons
Pay, discrimination, racism, free kids meals...
Not what youd think
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 24, 2018
The management was rude and unorganized. Very unorganized and uninformed managers. I found myself teaching the manager how to clean a grill. Bad job. You would think being surrounded by hot girls all day is awesome but the novelty of Hooters girls wears off in about 6 hours into your first shift. Not worth it at all.
Pros
Free food if a decent manager is on line
Cons
Bad pay. Bad hours. Bad environment. Bad managers. Dirty
Productive and fun part time job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Lansing, ILMay 23, 2018
Hooters is a great part job for high school and college students. For the work that’s done, the waitresses don’t make enough money nor have enough benefits.
Awesome work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 22, 2018
Very good work place, i enjoyed the environment, the people and the food. the shifts werent long and i got good tips. while working here i learned how to be a good server.
Pros
People
Cons
People
hooters
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 21, 2018
hooters ws fun when it was family owned but then it was sold 3 or four times to different investment groups that changed the culture and the atmosphere of the restaurants
It’s okay
COOK (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 21, 2018
I’ve transferred to three different stores. Two stores promised promotions but were never received. I actually got a pay reduction moving to another location. The management staff has always been well rounded but I mean come on it’s hooters. It’s not a high end restaurant so there isn’t much to expect.
Downfall is when you request more hours while some stores are hiring more cooks due to them being understaffed they don’t give it to the hard workers, they give them to who they get along with better.
I won’t be leaving the establishment but will be lowering the availability as the company can’t comply with the needs of some workers including myself.
I’d say the only pro to this is you get to eat while on the clock for a discounted price. And decent managers.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Never get any benefits because they’ll never give you the 40hrs a week
Exactly what you think
Hooters Girl (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2018
It wasn't a bad job. But you do need to be ready to handle poorly behaved customers, inappropriate line-cooks, and managers who won't stand up for you.

Made good money though.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else.
Super fun work environment! High energy and fun!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 18, 2018
One of my best work experiences. We became family with our guests. This allowed for ultimate comfort ability with guests relationships. Even the cooks were familiar with regular guests.
Pros
Everyday specials
Cons
Hours
Na
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
Its been a pleasure working for this establishment. I was given the opportunity to meet different people for different backgrounds. It was an embracing yet sometimes stressful experience
Fun...fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 17, 2018
Hooter was a excellent source of excitement at the workplace never a dull moment ,the crowds, music ,laughter working there is like hanging out and making money all in one ....I would recommend to any young female great money, food and fun
Fun place to work
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 16, 2018
Hooters was a great place to work. Management for the most part was good and i made really good money. Customers were pleasant for the most part and very rarely did I have a problem with anyone.
This was about guests and Hooters girls that represented the brand.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
Working for Hooters was a great experience, good company to fork for. This job was fun, good product and variety on job assignments for management. Learning about the company was always our priority that was transferred to the employees for better performance.
Fun work place
DISHWASHER/COOK (Former Employee) –  7 street n.w.May 14, 2018
Great to work at had fun working the stuff love the co workers love the have bomb food nice happy hour great place to look at all the games u want an best of all great drinks
Great place to Work
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed my experience of work at Hooters. I would go in to work my schedule and before I knew, it was time to go. The atmosphere was always upbeat and fast paced.
Great opportunity for growth
BARTENDER/ CORPORATE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 13, 2018
Hooters provided me with all of the tools needed to excel as a Hooters Girl and grow in the company. I was able to attended corporate training sessions and I enjoyed being a role model for all new employees.
can be difficult to work here
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 10, 2018
This company can be difficult to work for. No work life balance. Due to the current state of the company there is limited advancement opportunity. this company feels like a bit of a dead end.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Various LocationsMay 10, 2018
Average work day is good sometimes long hours. Great opportunities to move around country if that is what someone is looking for. Get to meet many great people both employees and guests.
Pros
opportunities and people
Cons
Hours
competive
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 10, 2018
good place to work with an up beat environment. fast pace. wages were comparable to other places in the area. I would recommmend this place to a friend or a entry level line cook.
Pros
good pay
fast paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 10, 2018
working on the weekends is the main money maker. Weekdays are slow which can be a problem when youre making less than minimum wage. great place to come and watch all the games and enjoy the food. hooters teaches you the basics of serving
Pros
tips
Cons
no tattoos, no piercings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.