Hooters Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,372 reviews matching the search See all 1,500 reviews
Hooters
Server (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAAugust 19, 2018
Hooters is honestly a great company to work for, it just depends on which location you end up transferring to or begin to work at. I've encountered several different "feelings" towards Hooters because depending on who and what kind of management you have at the specific location, determines how work will go for you. If it is strict and firm management, things will get done and run efficiently. If the management is laid back and doesn't care too much about yourself nor the company, things will not go so well for your job. There are many guidelines to Hooters; perfect hair and face, hidden tattoos, clean uniform (including no rips in stockings), SPECIFIC NAIL COLOR, specific hair styling, and clean shoes. You do have to provide money for yourself when beginning at Hooters. Make sure you are prepared as you have to be certified for alcohol and buy shoes.
Nightmare
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2018
Working for hooters was a nightmare i wish i never worked there you are treated like trash no respect from employers its fast cash but not worth it you can't even take a lunch break on your feet all day constantly moving.
Pros
Fast cash
Cons
Dangerous
Fun, fast-paced, relaxed
Bartender/Hooter Girl (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 16, 2018
Hooters was and is the best job that I had while putting myself through school. I made some of the best, life-long friends and met people I wouldn't have met anywhere else. There are times it is stressful but it's definitely the most relaxed job I have had too. The hardest part may be dealing with our customer base because we a re a nontraditional restaurant.
Pros
Discounts, personal relationships
Cons
No breaks
Very fast pace, quick money.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company for the many years I was there. I started young and made great money while working there. I did want to expand my opportunities and get some sort of computer and call center experience so I could move up to a more lucrative job/career. That is when I ended up moving to Sears Call Center.
Pros
Great money. Fun, friendly environment to work in.
Cons
N/a
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNAugust 14, 2018
Definitely wish I could go back I learned so much working there and had so much fun you definitely need to be an outgoing fun classy girl with alot of confidence
Pros
Great food
Alright
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 14, 2018
I had Fun working there but I it doesn’t seem like I was getting paid what I should have been. There were a lot of days I was pulling doubles and not going home til late at night or early in the morning. Loved some of the managers.
Pros
Nice people good hours
Cons
Management sucked
Low paying but got to learn about my job
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
This was my first Surveillance Job and served for getting my first years experience. I got along with my director and other agents there. He did not want me to leave. I had to make more money.
Pros
Easy place to learn the job
Cons
Not competitive pay
Loved it, but stressful
Bartender/ Social Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 13, 2018
10/10 Would recommend, I liked the fast pace environment but you rely on tips so some days you my only leave with enough money to cover the gas you used to drive there.
Don’t waste time.
Server (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 12, 2018
Ive worked for Hooters for four years. I’ve worked in several different stores, however, Hooters of Norfolk is pretty much a high school. Managers over schedule to make sure they cover themselves but girls don’t make money. A
Slow Monday night could have 9 girls
On the floor with three table sections. They don’t cut and you really don’t make money unless you have regulars.
Management is also very shady. They change your declared tip to what they believe it should be once you leave. They also don’t care about other priorities such as school
If children. Management doesn’t protect their girls. I’ve beem followed to my car by guest several times ands they do nothing about it nor will they walk you to your car.
Pros
Cute Selfies
Cons
Everything else.
An okay place to work.
Server (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 12, 2018
Typically, a single shift is about 7 to 9 hours. when you walk into work, you clean, bus, and seat your own tables. when a customer walks in, you allow them to sit at any table they'd like. you hand them a menu, introduce yourself, then let them know about the specials. you run all your food and drinks, and basically you get paid in only tips. people usually tend to tip about 10 to 20%. its pretty average, but since the menu isn't anything expensive, you'll make about the same amount of money at hooters as you would at your local diner.
I've learned that its not the best job, but you do make tons of friends. since you work with only girls, everybody (usually) helps each other out. of course theres gossip and drama, but nothing most people can't handle. I've also learned that a good amount of the male customers feel very entitled. Some men expect their servers to sit down and listen to their life story and life long complaints.
Management as always been great. If you're comfortable in your work place you're able to work at your fullest potential. Any managers that have caused issues are usually fired or let go within a few weeks of employment. The managers are always there to support you and help you make the most money. They are a great help.
In the work place, you have your servers, cooks, and managers. All the cooks are male, managers are both male and female, and the servers are all female. For the most part, everybody respects each other. Its a fast paced work place, but its a lot of fun when you get into it. if you're good at multitasking and remembering, then this
  more... would be a great job for your! its not rocket science.
The hardest part of this job would be the customers. There are many different types of people that walk through those doors. You never know which type you'll get. I have personally gotten $3 tips of a bill of $100 or more. Its never promised that you'll get the tip that you feel you deserve. Also, you get paid about $2 an hour but you never really see that money because you get that taken by taxes(because of your tips).
The most enjoyable part of this job, at least for myself, are my coworkers. Everybody wants everyone to enjoy their time no matter what, so we all cheer each other up when we aren't feeling so well. Customers can be fun as well. Occasionally you'll get a family or a couple that will put a smile on your face.
Its all about attitude.
Pros
Discounts on food.
Cons
get breaks when you aren't busy, rude customers
Fun place to work
Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCAugust 11, 2018
Long hours, good money, discounted food. Had to follow a strict image and worry if you didn’t fit it. Good gym discounts and fun environment. Not a great career.
Pros
Money
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyable, great co workers
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 10, 2018
Loved it here, enjoyed the time being here. Was very relaxed when I asked for time off and worked around my schedule outside of the work place. Overall would work here if I had the opportunity.
Not a fun place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 10, 2018
Not fun a great place to work better off working some place else would work at wendys before here but stay away from here go find a job some where but here
Great place for outgoing people
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
I think hooters is a great way for people to get out of their shells and interact with so many different people. This includes families as well who are always there to come in and enjoy themselves.
Pros
Great environment to talk and meet different people.
Cons
Not very good in health or paid vacation days.
A lot of fun people to meet.
HOST/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 9, 2018
hooters is a very friendly environment we treat all our guest with love and show a great appreciation to them. it is a very live entertaining environment as well with great good and beautiful woman to see.
Ehhh
Hooters Girl (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 7, 2018
I loved it when we had our old GM. we got a brand new GM and he is horrible. he talks to us with no respect, he talks to us like children, he treats us like we don’t matter. I loved the environment but I could take management anymore.
My favorite job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLAugust 6, 2018
Starting at Hooters in the summer, it's very slow but theres always something to do. I love my managers, kitchen staff, and coworkers. The workplace is very fun and upbeat. Tons of regulars that you will get used to but everyone is loving and happy which is nice to get through the work day. My favorite part is my coworkers.
Pros
Discounts, coworkers, loving people
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun work environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 5, 2018
Through this job I have gained skills in the hospitality industry and have learned how to work well with others. A typical day of work would be described as something I looked forward to each day. I got along very well with all of the other girls and management and that made the experience even better. Everyone was always helping each other out and motivating each other. Through this job we also learned skills in playing the part that corporate wants and portraying an image of a fun, well-rounded, and well-kept girl. You had to be very outgoing to keep your guests entertained and happy. My favorite part of the job was working with the public and keeping busy by talking to all of my tables and I have learned so much just by talking to new people. The hardest part of the job was getting the hang of multi-tasking because that is the most important thing when being a server. Though, over the course of working at Hooters I was able to gain this skill and handle my job very well.
Pros
Meeting new, interesting people everyday, and Tips
Cons
Dealing with intoxicated people
great oppurtunities for young highschool kids/ young adults
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30339August 5, 2018
easy to work your self up in this place with no prior experience, all training is provided. They believe in promotions when the effort is applied. I have enjoyed working here.
terrible
Hooters Girl (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKAugust 3, 2018
I would not recommend working at hooters. Management was poor. Girls were rude (of course cause it was only us women) hours weren't flexible it was just all around terrible. I would never recommend this company to anyone. You can't even move up with this company. Absolutely horrid. I applied here thinking I would love it and the only good thing about it was my customers.
Pros
discounted food even when off the clock
Cons
no benefits, bad hours, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hooters. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

75out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hooters.

Powered by Comparably