Hope Community Resources Employee Reviews

its a good company
Direct Support Professional/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Soldotna, AKMay 9, 2018
I loved the company and those i provided services too, However i didn't like the drama in the office or the lack of communication among supervisors. It causes hassle.
work hours
Independent Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKMarch 23, 2018
Constantly given verbal promises for full-time work from upon hiring until giving notice. A common complaint among staff, empty promises without follow through.
Pros
hours were flexable
Cons
no full time work
Family Oriented, workplace culture.
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 17, 2018
Hope Community Resource is probably the best company I have ever worked for. They are understanding in the fact that they understand you have a life outside of work. They treat their employees the same as the treat the individuals they help.
Pros
Understanding
Good place to Work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 12, 2018
Hope is a great place to work if you are looking for something that will help you learn new things and help people, then Hope is for you. Great Organization!
Pros
Make a difference, good team work
Cons
sometime lack of communication
I love my job
Individual Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 23, 2018
I love my job. I enjoy helping others and being there when someone completes a goal they have set. I treat my individuals like family and want nothing but the best for them.
It is great
Individual Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Soldotna, AKFebruary 7, 2018
A typical day at work was never the same! Depending on the individual I would work with that day, would determine what our day had in store. I learned that everyone is beautiful in their own special way. The hardest part of the job was when a medical emergency happened.The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to make wonderful bonds with individuals all while caring for their medical needs.
Pros
Relaxed, easy going, Benefits, pay
Cons
Always driving
a wide variety of disabilities in a wide age range of kids & adults
Contract Work, Life Skills Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKDecember 12, 2017
this allowed me to travel all over the state of Alaska in both city, town and remote village settings to meet and help people and families with developmental disabilities and the challenges of being in their own communities successfully
Great staff to work with
Director of HIM (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 16, 2017
I enjoy working for Hope they have a great open door policy and a family atmosphere. They are a great staff with the individuals that receive services there.
Mismanagement
Employee Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 1, 2017
This was the most backward place I have ever worked. Pay scales do not exist. The management runs things by threats and mistreatment of employees. There are so many things wrong it would be hard to know where to start. But don't take my word for it. Just ask any ex-employees.
Given great opportunities
Recreation Programs Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 18, 2017
I first came to Hope as an international volunteer. I returned many times because I loved what Hope did.
I became employed in 2013 and was given an amazing opportunity to be a Supervisor. My director and higher managnment were so supportive of my ideas and investment in the organization. It was like a family and I miss working there every single day. My clients and families were amazing to work with also. I highly recommend others to work with Hope and do not be afraid to share your ideas.
Pros
Supportive, career advancement, teamwork
There's no place like Hope
Home Alliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 10, 2017
HCR is my home. There is a special place in my heart for this company that will always be there. I was allowed to grow and allowed to be myself and it reflected in the beautiful people that i supported throughout my career with Hope. I always know there is a place for me there if and or when we return to Alaska and I love that I am and will always be apart of the Hope Community Resources Family.
Productive but can be hectic
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 13, 2017
Hope is a good first job to work if you enjoy working with others and caring for people. The company is not great on pay or raises but definitely a good place to start.
Helpful agency
Mental Health Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 11, 2017
It's a family oriented company that works well with their employees.They are a non-profit that is value based and strive to professionally develop all of their employees.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
low base pay
I had the best job in the world
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 1, 2017
I loved my job with Hope specifically working in the art studio with abou 65 different artists who all experience a disability. It was wonderful to help someone create and become an artist by developing their own skills.
Pros
Creative expression, making friendships and connections in the community
Cons
Emotional stress
Would not ever recommend
Not disclosed (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 23, 2017
Horrible management, from direct supervisor to leadership. Turnover is constant because they don't care about staff. Catty, drama filled and unfair treatment to other staff allowed by crooked management.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Management is horrible
Working with the clients and watching them reach their personal goals made it worth while
NCMA (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 24, 2017
Its great for learning and working with people with mental and physical disabilities. It has brought many challenges. But along with those challenges, there was a lot of learning and growing, not only as an employee but also as a person.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
not enough of an income to support a family of 4
Rewarding
Home Alliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 29, 2017
Typical day consisted of assisting individuals who experienced developmental disabilities with day to day life and activities. Basically, I learned how to be a CNA/medical assistant - a lot of similar job duties. The culture is caring and emotional. The hardest part was watching people struggle. The most enjoyable part was the genuine appreciation received for the services provided.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Not being able to do more than I'm capable of doing.
Interesting place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99518May 2, 2017
With the type of services they provide the workplace stressful due the emotional aspect of the business, Learned a lot about that type of business & how to relate to my own family matter.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 28, 2017
A great place to work and very good hearted persons. I like that the rent is free. If you like working with people this is the job for you. I been with company almost 4 years and have never worked anywhere as long as I have with them.
Pros
live rent free, help with food money each month
Cons
not much freedom, work 18-24 hrs a day, hard to get time off
Diversity
Assist / instruct supported individuals (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 24, 2017
I really loved the diversity of this company. There was folks that were employed with us from Ireland. With Hope there was a lot of knowledge within the company. We had the ability to talk to anyone we needed to. The company was solely about the staff.