Hope Enterprise Corporation Employee Reviews

No pay raises
Member Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 29, 2018
Every job has it's pros and cons, it's all about what you make of it. I have always worked on jobs that gave at least yearly raises. This particular establishment doesn't, which in return causes a low morale for the company.
Pros
All holidays off
Cons
management is not good
Great place to learn
Office Manager/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Millcreek Estates, UTJune 29, 2017
Overall I could say that if your looking for an energetic and fun place to work this is by far the best job ive had interms of learning new thing business wise.
Pros
flexable hours, and opp. for money
Cons
sometimes you dont get what you need from work intrems of money or hours
This overall mission is purpose is good but the treatment of the staff is extremely poor.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 10, 2017
Poor management, no consistency, very little support. You can give them one hundred percent commitment and they'll still not acknowledge your efforts.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Very demanding environment, very poor internal support from management, nothing about the job is consistent and anything and everything is used against you.
good place to work
Habilitation Staff (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAMarch 3, 2017
The pay is decent, and the hours are flexible, but they do not properly train people to work in this environment. I have learned a lot about working with adults with intellectual disabilities.
Rewarding on a humanitarian basis for me personally
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 13, 2016
Helping families become homeowners, improving their credit issues and increasing their credit scores. Working with clients to resolve their delinquencies and. foreclosure prevention.
Helping the disabled
Habilitation Staff (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAOctober 26, 2015
I absolutely loved the individuals I took care of but the managers were terrible, at least at north loyalsock. I would go in, get the individuals ready for bed and then do paperwork or clean all night. I was there overnight incase the individuals would need anything.
Collections
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 3, 2015
On a typical day, I performed many duties: handled all calls from members regarding there accounts, handle all bankruptcy issues, file legal suits, attend court hearings and proceedings, handled title issues, skip traces, process total loss claims, process gap/warranty claims, submit docs to legal for probate, assist with commercial and mortgage accounts, handled foreclosing proceedings with assistance from attorneys. Assist branches with member negative share accounts and handled all research for the consumer side of the credit union. All duties were done and completed with the credit union in Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and Tennessee.
Pros
Family oriented company atmosphere and flexibility
Cons
No incentives
Fun and engaging environment working with disable individual and co-worker
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAFebruary 26, 2015
I really enjoy working at hope enterprise, with the feeling of helping other individual with mental disabilities who 100% rely on your job performance and caringness to make their life better
Mission driven organization with a great work environment
Assistant VP Field Audit & Special Assets (Current Employee) –  Jackson MississippiJune 1, 2014
A typical day at work is very self-directed, with opportunities for exposure to a broad spectrum of experiences. This is also the most enjoyable part of the job. Co-workers are a plus.
Pros
High job satisfaction
Cons
Salary on the low side
love it
Custodial Worker (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJanuary 14, 2014
I love my job and co- workers. Its very pleasant. The people are great and I love cleaning so the job fits me.
Pros
generous on holidays and bonuses
Cons
pay rate is low
Productive work place.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMay 21, 2013
Working for Hope Enterprise kept me very busy. It was long hours but worth my time. I loved working with the individuals that I took care of.
Pros
Working with the women I cared for.
Cons
Long hours.
Excellent opportunity to help individuals with financial problems
Homeowner Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 6, 2013
Met with clients facing foreclosure or experiencing other difficulties with finances. Assisted individuals with any kind of state offered programs that was revelent to their needs at the time. I was trained as a HUD certified counselor, still active and current. The training was very adequate to handle the job. Poor leadership of management who relied on emotional rather than professional decisions often created chaos.

I enjoyed my work and found comfort and pleasure in assisting people in need. I sincerely regret my being relieved of my job in April 2012. I filed an EEOC complaint pointing out the prejudices and inconsistences and expectations of the various workers in our small office.

The office closed its doors recently after serving the people on the Gulf Coast for seven years. .
Pros
the wonderful employees that we interacted with in the credit union offices in three other states
Cons
poor leadership in administering federal dollars, and hud grants to assist clients in all 50 states.