Hope Network Employee Reviews

Terrible HR Management- Leaders favor few, while others are the ones doing the work.
HR position (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 3, 2018
Run, don't walk from this non-profit. Leadership is a terrible place to work. Back stabbing, incompetence, no benefits or work life balance- unless you've been a favorite. Does not support or follow the mission. Interview and you will see the negativity instead of anything positive. Out of touch with HR networking, technology and supporting job growth.
Work environment and management are great!
Community Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 21, 2018
Great workplace! If you love changing lives, this is your next move. The wage and benefits are not great, however, the environment is safe and pleasant.
Think before you apply
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJanuary 6, 2019
Been with them over 8 years. Their were a few good managers left when i first started. They try to over work you and leave you on doubles. They used to hire you in for specific shifts and you worked what you apply for. Now because the poor picked managers dont wanna work or help out they try to leave you stuck or overwork you force you into hours u dont want. The directors do not help! They continue to let this go on. Their raises are 1% and 2% so the most you may get is between 9 and 12 cents yearly once this minimum wage increases starts u wont get that. Managers also feel they should be off every holiday however they will make you work and even try to bribe you if needed to not have to come in. THEY intimidate their workers into trying to force different shifts doubles over time and working at other homes because the workers dont know any better and they play on their insecurities and make them fear losing their jobs.this is a at will company. They need help badly its supposed to be 2 on every shift except midnights unless ur in a crisis home but get ready to be left alone with 4 to 6 people daily and the manger to not be present alot. Its gotten bad to the point the consumers are free and able to make all the rules . They have all the rights you as a worker have none. It's really hard when your in a home with hoarders and you cant tell them to clean or get rid of anything. All they will do is tell you to clean it cause its your job! Also a home had bad bed bugs instead of the company evacuating the home and hiring a company to come in and clean they let it go on for 9 months  more... did not evacuate any of the consumers and forced the staff to work at the infested home. The manager had the staff checking for bed bugs but how can a staff know what bed bugs are if they have never had bed bugs? Another staff was allergic to the bed bugs and had a outbreak but still had to work. The other staff that refused was threatened to be removed from the schedule. Because they stood up for their self instrad of putting the staff at another home the manager told the staff to grow up and get over it even though the staff told the manager they were terrified.  less
Pros
Holiday pay and pto
Cons
Managers. How they treat their workers. Getting stuck on doubles
Growing organization with advancement opportunities
Billing System Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 6, 2018
My typical day consists of updating and maintaining insurance fee schedules, maintaining a working knowledge of billing system, and assist in various changes and set-ups. I worked as a Direct Support Professional with the organization for about six months before being offered an advancement opportunity with Revenue Management.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Demanding, and meager wages starting out
Low Pay with extreme work load
Senior Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MIAugust 21, 2018
Management is trying their best but lacks support from higher levels. Constantly feels like management can never do anything right and is constantly being questioned. The amount of work load that is required for management does not equal the amount of pay offered.

Floor staff are asked to do great amount of work for really low pay. You could get a job at McDonald's and get paid almost the same amount as floor staff.

If you choose to work for Hope Network, kiss your personal life goodbye!
Pros
Unsure at this time
Cons
low pay, high stress, heavy workload
nursing at hope
RN (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 24, 2018
Being a nurse for a company that primarily employs therapists you are at a disadvantage. Your boss is not a nurse nor a doctor and they don't understand what you do and they don't appreciate the effort you put in. You are overlooked and have no opportunity for advancement and they constantly add secretarial tasks to your already busy schedule.
Cons
no appreciation, overlooked, favoritism
Most fulfilling job I’d had as a young adult
Resident Instructor (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 29, 2018
The job was very relaxed in this particular home despite the opinions of other direct support employees. Many direct staff employees seem inconvenienced when consumers ask for things like water or shampoo. The best way I can describe my training is that I received tests before I was ever given lessons. I had never worked in this sort of environment and was never even taught the most basic rules (i.e. are we allowed to touch consumers if they want a hug, are we supposed to go into their rooms if they want to show us something, when can consumers have coffee and snacks). I often felt as though I was annoying seasoned employees by asking so many questions. The consumers, on average, are so great to work with. There are so many opportunities to interact with the consumers but this seems to barely happen. In addition to that, there are still direct support who misgender trans consumers because of their own personal beliefs.
Pros
Relaxed, consumers are a joy to work with
Cons
Terrible training, somewhat unapproachable staff
Compensation, Management Support, Work Evironment
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MISeptember 6, 2018
Pay is fair for work required. No support from middle and upper management. Work environment can be toxic due to team dynamics. No opportunity for advancement.
What a joke!!!
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 14, 2018
I worked there for 1yr 4 months. The amount of drama, back stabbing, and rumor mill is outrageous! Management is a joke! It is run my 2 best friends and if they do not like you (for any reason) they make your job even more difficult Their boss is a joke as well. The consumers were awesome and the only reason I stayed as long as I did. The amount of Rights violations is crazy with staff threatening consumers and just plain lack of care and respect. No confidentiality with management, If you file a complaint with manager she tells the other person who complained creating a toxic and hostile work environment.
Save yourself the time and effort and work somewhere else.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Everything else
Terrible place, better off going to prison they'll treat you better.
Rehabilitation assistant (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 28, 2018
Management is laughable, absolutely no oversight on the managers. Reported instances of abuse, neglect and harassment towards staff and nothing was ever done. They expect you to run yourself into the ground for minimum wage with no appreciation for how tough this job is. I would just forget you ever saw this and find somewhere else where you can be treated with respect and dignity because you sure aren't going to find it here.
Pros
Cons
Management sucks, No respect and nothing will be done if you're being harassed.
Terrible place to work
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganMarch 20, 2018
I had two go arounds with this company, and I learned a lot and seen a lot. They sell you the idea of team work and they dont appreciate the lower staff, but actually they appreciate you till you mess up and they throw you under the bus. Management is all about them selves and look out for each other. In addition the clients are the money makers, the staff are replaceable. The clients have all the power, as soon as a client doesn't like you, they quick to holler receipient rights on you or disrespect the staff by telling them they can get that staff member fired. Unless you are single, no family, no life outside of work, because you will get stuck at work sometimes doing a double because of shortness of staff, don't work for this company. Also you are way under payed and way over worked for all that is required f you to do in a normal 8 hour shift.
Pros
Cool staff
Cons
Too many to name
Fast paced/fun
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at hope network, the only thing is that there is no room for advancement and there is no pay raises. It is fast paced work and the people are friendly and hard working. I would advise people going out for their first job to look into starting out at hope network, its a good experience.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
No raises
Hope Network Review
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 27, 2018
the management is terrible and there is no room for growth at this job. they are not flexible with your school schedule and that was important to me and they knew that hiring me
Pros
relaxed
Cons
low pay, poor management
Na
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2018
Great organization to work for I am just seeking new employment for myself to gain more work experience. I work hard and hope to find my perfect employment match.
The work we do here is not compensated.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Nunica, MIOctober 13, 2018
The work we do here is mentally stressful and there are no boundaries as far as following the rules go. Management is not consistent with there guidelines for everyone.
Pros
Training
Cons
No breaks, too little pay
Great place to work, helping people and learning new skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIOctober 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Hope Network and would really like to someday go back in a full time position. My supervisor was excellent in training and I was able to learn new skills. This was a position with rewards seeing clients able to progress in various areas of learning and job searching.
Working with the clients was always a blast but that was about it
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIMay 18, 2018
When I first started it was fun and new but as I kept working there I noticed that management didn't care about the workers and the people I worked with made any excuse to put you down or talk about you behind your back even as far as getting you in trouble for thing you didn't do it got the point where I was afraid of coming into work because I didn't want to get yelled at for another thing that I did not do and as far as sexuak harassment or any harassment goes don't bother going to management they won't do anything either all they let anyone work for them and they won't fire anyone
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 25, 2018
Great environment, pay is low for industry. More advancements or goals would be great. Departments need to work better together. Sometimes it takes too long to get things done.
Stressful environment
DART program, Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 10, 2019
Kids are great to be around most of the time.
Things get crazy fast.
Be ready and prepared to defend yourself from physical assaults daily.
Work hours vary as overtime is forced if your replacement decides to fail to show up
people quite often so expect to work 16hour days often.
Very good Place to work.
Professional Care Specicalist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 15, 2018
I work with mental health patients and high medical patients in a home setting, patients are total care, feeding changing the patients and total hygiene check every 2 hours for personal care.I learn that they are people too and they are important to me. Management was very equipped to handle any situation at any time. The hardest part of the job, was there was not any thing hard about this kind of job. Making sure my and all patients are happy and well taking care of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hope Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight