Hope Network Employee Reviews

Many refugees like myself. Not enough hours after long public bus ride to get to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIOctober 28, 2018
Get to work pack if work.
Often arrive at work and sent home due to no work, not told not to come to work. I enjoyed being around other refugees that were having difficulty finding work.
Pros
didn't need experience
Cons
not enough hours
Hope Network Review
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 27, 2018
the management is terrible and there is no room for growth at this job. they are not flexible with your school schedule and that was important to me and they knew that hiring me
Pros
relaxed
Cons
low pay, poor management
nursing at hope
RN (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 24, 2018
Being a nurse for a company that primarily employs therapists you are at a disadvantage. Your boss is not a nurse nor a doctor and they don't understand what you do and they don't appreciate the effort you put in. You are overlooked and have no opportunity for advancement and they constantly add secretarial tasks to your already busy schedule.
Cons
no appreciation, overlooked, favoritism
Great place to work, helping people and learning new skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIOctober 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at Hope Network and would really like to someday go back in a full time position. My supervisor was excellent in training and I was able to learn new skills. This was a position with rewards seeing clients able to progress in various areas of learning and job searching.
The work we do here is not compensated.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Nunica, MIOctober 13, 2018
The work we do here is mentally stressful and there are no boundaries as far as following the rules go. Management is not consistent with there guidelines for everyone.
Pros
Training
Cons
No breaks, too little pay
Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 25, 2018
Great environment, pay is low for industry. More advancements or goals would be great. Departments need to work better together. Sometimes it takes too long to get things done.
Compensation, Management Support, Work Evironment
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MISeptember 6, 2018
Pay is fair for work required. No support from middle and upper management. Work environment can be toxic due to team dynamics. No opportunity for advancement.
Na
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2018
Great organization to work for I am just seeking new employment for myself to gain more work experience. I work hard and hope to find my perfect employment match.
Loved it
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 4, 2018
I loved Hope Network. my job was very rewarding and the employees were kind. The pay wasnt so good but other than that I loved working there. I worked at a few
Rewarding Job While Assisting others
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, MISeptember 1, 2018
Pleasurable, rewarding, teaching, supportive. When you see how much success you've helped in someone's life is one of the greatest accomplishments you've ever felt.
Low Pay with extreme work load
Senior Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MIAugust 21, 2018
Management is trying their best but lacks support from higher levels. Constantly feels like management can never do anything right and is constantly being questioned. The amount of work load that is required for management does not equal the amount of pay offered.

Floor staff are asked to do great amount of work for really low pay. You could get a job at McDonald's and get paid almost the same amount as floor staff.

If you choose to work for Hope Network, kiss your personal life goodbye!
Pros
Unsure at this time
Cons
low pay, high stress, heavy workload
Love my job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIAugust 19, 2018
I love what I do. I think this is by far the best job I have had, helping these gentlemen get back out into the real world. Just having this type of experience has been great
Pros
Flexible schedule
Relaxed environment & fun place to work
Computer Demolition (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 16, 2018
I worked with Hope Network thru a Federal government funded program called Vocational Rehabilitation. The program ended after a year because the government ended funding after that amount of time.
Loved the work I did
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, MIAugust 10, 2018
Worked in an AFC home settings, and absolutely loved everyone I worked with and for. Miss it very much, but needed a lifestyle change. First job that helped me determine I wanted to go into social work.
Growing organization with advancement opportunities
Billing System Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 6, 2018
My typical day consists of updating and maintaining insurance fee schedules, maintaining a working knowledge of billing system, and assist in various changes and set-ups. I worked as a Direct Support Professional with the organization for about six months before being offered an advancement opportunity with Revenue Management.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Demanding, and meager wages starting out
Consumer Dedication
Behavior Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 6, 2018
The team worked well together. The work environment at the workshops was more stressful than in the homes. Management was always encouraging and empowering the staff as well as the consumers to improve and advance.
Pros
Enjoyed taking care of the consumers
Cons
Death of a consumer
Management is terrible
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIAugust 4, 2018
If you expect to be trained, don't take this job. They toss you the work without training, without support from supervisors, and sometimes without the resources needed to do your job. But God help you if you can't get your work done!
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
The supervisors.
coworkers are great
Support Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIAugust 3, 2018
A lot of paperwork to do, as long as you know how to manage your time, it is somewhat manageable. The hardest thing about the job is using your own vehicle and the wear and tear on your vehicle is horrendous.
Terrible HR Management- Leaders favor few, while others are the ones doing the work.
HR position (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 3, 2018
Run, don't walk from this non-profit. Leadership is a terrible place to work. Back stabbing, incompetence, no benefits or work life balance- unless you've been a favorite. Does not support or follow the mission. Interview and you will see the negativity instead of anything positive. Out of touch with HR networking, technology and supporting job growth.
productive working Environment
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 27, 2018
Given the opportunity to build new skills by helping others. Having the opportunity help individuals to reach there highest level of independence and Social skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hope Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight