Hope Network Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad environment to work in.
Direct Service (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 21, 2018
Do not like the new management. Quick pace environment. Things can happen quickly and you have to stay on your toes for sure.

Can be dangerous if you become complacent.
Do not like the recent change in managers.
Pros
Helping.
Cons
Do not like new management.
Lack of Direction
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 14, 2018
Have worked in the Children’s Residential Program for a bit. Last Director left didn’t know what they were doing. New Director lacks urgency and personality. Doesn’t even talk or leave her office. Stinks to work at a place where leaders and supervisors do not know how they can help support the employees.
Pros
Helping Kids
Cons
Lack of leadership and program direction
Decent place to work
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MIJuly 2, 2018
Lots of different places throughout hope network to chose from. can be stressful at times but overall is a good place to work. management was fairly decent
Good place to work and learn clinical skills.
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 27, 2018
Hope network provided me with the opportunity to work with Mercy Health's Clinica Santa Maria where I provided therapy for the hispanic/latino population. I learned skills related to brief interventions, assessments and individual therapy.
Great clients, but many clashing personalities
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIJune 16, 2018
This company had very many issues with coworkers personalities clashing as well as poor communication between management and employees. treatment plans often caused conflict between workers because not everyone kept a consistent routine set for each individual they were serving.
Very good Place to work.
Professional Care Specicalist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 15, 2018
I work with mental health patients and high medical patients in a home setting, patients are total care, feeding changing the patients and total hygiene check every 2 hours for personal care.I learn that they are people too and they are important to me. Management was very equipped to handle any situation at any time. The hardest part of the job, was there was not any thing hard about this kind of job. Making sure my and all patients are happy and well taking care of.
What a joke!!!
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 14, 2018
I worked there for 1yr 4 months. The amount of drama, back stabbing, and rumor mill is outrageous! Management is a joke! It is run my 2 best friends and if they do not like you (for any reason) they make your job even more difficult Their boss is a joke as well. The consumers were awesome and the only reason I stayed as long as I did. The amount of Rights violations is crazy with staff threatening consumers and just plain lack of care and respect. No confidentiality with management, If you file a complaint with manager she tells the other person who complained creating a toxic and hostile work environment.
Save yourself the time and effort and work somewhere else.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Everything else
Good work helping good people
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 10, 2018
Nice employer, great coworkers and managers, and wonderful residents. Job does require a lot of heavy lifting and, unless you're third shift, a lot of patient interaction. Everyone is so nice though, and the atmosphere is great.
Pros
Free food, good pay, high pay for 3rd shift, laidback, great coworkers and residents, great management, flexible scheduling, good training
Cons
No breaks, heavy lifting involved
Productive amd fun work place
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIJune 5, 2018
Productive and fun work place. There was a lot tbat could go on at one time. But other than that it was a relaxed fun place to work. The consumers were fun to be around
fast paced employment
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 21, 2018
Everyday the living skills changed with consumers,You have to be ready for anything each day. the hours sometime are long, But its worth it to know the consumers were taken care of.
Cons
stay the same job classifcation.
Working with the clients was always a blast but that was about it
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIMay 18, 2018
When I first started it was fun and new but as I kept working there I noticed that management didn't care about the workers and the people I worked with made any excuse to put you down or talk about you behind your back even as far as getting you in trouble for thing you didn't do it got the point where I was afraid of coming into work because I didn't want to get yelled at for another thing that I did not do and as far as sexuak harassment or any harassment goes don't bother going to management they won't do anything either all they let anyone work for them and they won't fire anyone
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
Run
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 25, 2018
Culture: nothing wrong with it if you don't mind working with incompetent people. Worst Leadership I have ever witnessed....Truly get what you pay for.
Pros
Not One Thing
Cons
Not enough space to write them all
Good place for troubled people that need help
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIApril 18, 2018
I like the company and enjoyed working with the employees and clients. I feel like the city needs more crisis homes like this one that will help even more people. The youth that are over 18 need to have a place to go so they get the help needed too. I believe that they do not need to be housed with the older indivduals that can take advantage of them.
Pros
5 minutes from my home
Cons
No healthcare available
If you want to work with unique patients, this is the place
Therapeutic rehabilitation aide (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 14, 2018
The management and supervisor currently working there is absolutely horrible but working with patients was fantastic. Supervisor is a big bully, you will NOT be valued as an employee here and employees are just replaceable in their eyes. I recommend finding a new place somewhere else. You will hate working for Hope until new management comes
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
Management, supervisor, negative work environment
Underpaid workers
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  44th streetApril 12, 2018
Was a wonderful place to work, relaxed environment. underpaid workers. Management was decent. Hours were fine. Overtime offered. Commute not too bad..
Pros
Overtime and plenty of hours offered
Cons
Underpaid
Poor pay and even worse managment
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MIMarch 27, 2018
Management half the time doesn't come in or leaves early. When they are there very little is being done by them. They never come out to the work area to see how things are going.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay and horrible managment
I loved working with the mentally ill in a crisis setting. Fast paced and interesting.
RN (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 26, 2018
I worked in a Behavioral Health Crisis Residential Home with a capacity of 6 patients. We worked as a team to stabilize the patients with the goal of transitioning them to an outpatient setting for continued treatment.
Pros
I loved working with the mentally ill population
Cons
The work could be dangerous at times
Terrible place to work
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Flint, MichiganMarch 20, 2018
I had two go arounds with this company, and I learned a lot and seen a lot. They sell you the idea of team work and they dont appreciate the lower staff, but actually they appreciate you till you mess up and they throw you under the bus. Management is all about them selves and look out for each other. In addition the clients are the money makers, the staff are replaceable. The clients have all the power, as soon as a client doesn't like you, they quick to holler receipient rights on you or disrespect the staff by telling them they can get that staff member fired. Unless you are single, no family, no life outside of work, because you will get stuck at work sometimes doing a double because of shortness of staff, don't work for this company. Also you are way under payed and way over worked for all that is required f you to do in a normal 8 hour shift.
Pros
Cool staff
Cons
Too many to name
Great starter job for those interested in the helping profession
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Nunica, MIMarch 20, 2018
The work is not hard, but can be demanding at times. The good and bad days are pretty even, but knowing you are making a difference with at least one consumer helps make the job worth it. It's a great starter job, but would not recommend long term.
it's ok
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 14, 2018
If you love working with people with Mental or physical impairments and have the patience for then I woulds recommend you trying it and seeing it through. Hope Network is really not a bad place to work. The employees are good to work with but the care and the paper you do for the customers can be hard on anyone. They do have a good training system and classes to prepare you for the them. They are the best network for people with disabilities by far I can say for any company I worked with.
Pros
Good company that does care for others.
Cons
prepare for flight or fight situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hope Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight