Hopedale Medical Complex Employee Reviews in Hopedale, IL

Great place to work!!!!
Current HMC Employee (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILDecember 10, 2018
I have worked at HMC for 6+ years. I read the reviews and wonder who these people are that are complaining. Employees at HMC are valued. However if you dont put patient and resident care first or if you are a lazy employee who doesnt want to come to work then yes you are going to have issues with management. HMC is a family. I have seen Administration go out of their way to help HMC employees and their personal family during times of hardship. What other company still sends out handwritten birthday cards, anniversary cards, etc? What other company strives to ensure the happiness of the staff everyday? What other company has a COO with an open door policy or upper management that high fives their staff in the hallway? If you want a place that you enjoy working at and enjoy who you work with then HMC is the place to do that. If you are lazy or afraid to actually do the job you are paid to do then go somewhere else!
Pros
Family environment; Management; Benefits; Employee Culture
Cons
None really
Amazing Employer
Admitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILDecember 3, 2018
HMC is by far the nicest and most neighborly job I’ve ever had. They truly make you feel like a family and I have no idea what I’d do without the amazing managers and administrators. Everyone makes an effort to learn your name and genuinely care for you. After working in toxic environments in Chicago- HMC is a godsend. Truly a gem in the Midwest healthcare game!
Pros
Understanding Managers, competitive wages, and amazing environment
Cons
Working Holidays (rotating)
Poor management
Whatever title they wanted me to be that day (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILAugust 10, 2018
Management will tell you one thing and do another or not tell you anything at all and expect you to know. Very cut throat atmosphere. Do one thing wrong and fingers are pointed at you. Do one thing right and 10 more things are expected of you. Very low pay.
Pros
Benefits are om
Cons
Everything else
Great place
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILMay 8, 2018
I believe they work hard for their patients and try to give the best care possible. It was nice to work with some very dedicated people and be able to learn from them.
Pros
Working hands on
Cons
Doctors like to do everything without assistance
worked there short term
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILApril 11, 2018
i enjoyed the people i worked with and made long lasting friendships with some of the people. It's not like working at a large hospital where you are just a number. I would go back again if there was a full-time position that was not night shift.
Pros
the employees
Cons
n/a
Awful. Expect no raises, ran by people who dont care about you.
Dietary services (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILNovember 15, 2017
This place is a job. Thats it. Dont expect much out of this job as for the 2 years i worked there i didn’t receive any raise and its very clicky. People outside of my work area were pretty nice depending on the person but you would get looks and such from the too clicky people.
Pros
You know you wont get a raise
Cons
You know youre stuck working hard with no additional compensation
Worked to Death
Customer Care, Accounting (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Management is hard to get ahold of and then are distracted. overwork employees to where they cant handle the stress. benefits are little to none. arent always welcome. an outsider even after years of employment
Pros
a job
Cons
healthcare, overworked, management
Great atmosphere
Lead Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILJune 22, 2017
Awesome place to work. Had a great 2yrs. A very family oriented place to work. The members at the Wellness Center are the part of the day. And the employees are the best
fast paced job
Dieatry (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILMay 31, 2017
Once at work you are always doing something, washing dishes, tray line or putting things away.It can be stressful because sometimes you are the only one working on one job.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
can be very stressful
More cameras then the real hospitals in Peoria(on employees)
Part time employee (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILApril 26, 2017
If you complain about harassment it's laughed off by HR, forgotten and covered up. Your made to say hi and counseled if you do not engage others enough. Weird Mgt. I 've never seen soo many letters after names of what they are in their job title. Suggestions for improvement are shot down and informed not to bring up again.
Pros
employment
Cons
Odd clicky full of themselves place
Very fun and productive work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Typical days went by fast and were fun. Management was good and so were the workers. Hardest part was leaving. Most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks.
Avoid
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILAugust 8, 2016
When you interview at Hopedale, everything seems really charming and small town and quaint. Everyone is friendly and warm.

But after a few months of working there I was being called off of work half an hour after arriving (after driving in about 40 minutes from Peoria). They didn't let you advertise to get more business in, but then also refused to advertise for you.

Management is weird and clique-y and mildly incestuous. It's bitter, ugly, small town politics at its worst.

Everyone uses the excuse of being "just the messenger" and orders were always coming from "above" and that's why you were getting shafted. But you could never take your complaints any higher up the ladder.

The whole organization is built to shoot itself in the foot and that is exactly what it does at every turn.

I was also pushed to full time hours, but not given the health benefits that were supposed to come with that. When I addressed the matter with management, they said they had bumped me back to PRN hours. But I had received no notification of this change in hours and was still appearing as scheduled for 40 hours a week in the system.

After I'd left, I emailed management that I would be bringing in my tag, shirts, and other misc items. I got no acknowledgement and instead of waiting for me to arrive with their things, they gave all of my personal belongings/paperwork/pay stubs/etc. to a coworker who was instructed to deliver them to my home WITHOUT my permission

They are unprofessional in the most repugnant of ways and you ARE expendable here.
Pros
Cons
all
caring for the elderly
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILJune 16, 2016
A typical day is helping the elderly with basic living needs such as making beds, taking meds and serving them meals. There were times needed to help bath some also. Some of the elderly needed more assistance than others.
Pros
the happiness helping the elderly out
Cons
not a great supervisor
enjoyed working there
Admissions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILNovember 9, 2015
Supportive management, room for growth. Small company yet growing. Enjoyed working face paced environment. I learned to work in stressful situations and deal with people on a day to day basis.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Needed more hours
great company
nurse (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILNovember 11, 2014
loved it! everyone is so nice. the drs are wonderful!!!! one of a kind
Enjoyed being part of the experience.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILSeptember 30, 2014
I held a few different positions while at HMC. But each position had definite benefits and deficiencies as expected. The position I held as Case Manager would have to be the one I most enjoyed. I enjoyed getting to know each patient when they were admitted and helping them with their discharge needs. I liked the responsibility. I learned alot when the facility started the change to managed care. The hardest part of the job at HMC would have to be, dealing with some of the physicians. The most enjoyable part is being a part of such a special environment. The physicians at HMC treat each one of their patients with such a Holistic approach, it is truly unusual and incredibly special. The physicians are aware of what the patients home life pros/cons are and are willing to help the families deal with these issues. The physicians/management do go out of their way to help the patients and employees, you do feel like you are part of the family while working at HMC.
Pros
Medical Insurance benefits, vision, dental, for employee and Family, 401K, Cafeteria discount, monthly meeting to update staff on any changes in policy or procedure. Friendly work environment.
Cons
Physician response not always recieved
Small hospital that provides superb care to patients across their lifespan.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILNovember 23, 2013
The work is fairly fast paced and the learning opportunities are never-ending! If you wish to have skills in a wide variety of nursing areas, this is the place to be.

The nurse co-workers are highly skilled, friendly and helpful. Ancillary staff is hard-working and an integral part of the healthcare team.

The most difficult part of working at HMC is settling into the pace, but the rewards are tremendous. Being a part of a team that provides known, high quality care is a fantastic feeling.
Pros
High-quality care, small-town atmosphere, on-site Wellness Center & daycare
Cons
short breaks
Small hospital, family operated, team orientated.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILAugust 12, 2013
As a surgical tech I would arrive at work, change into surgical scrubs, check the board for surgery's scheduled for the day. Receive my cases I would be assisting in. Prepare for these surgery's by obtaining all required instrumentation, needles,bandages, etc. Place unopened items into room. Put mask on, scrub for case, don gown and gloves open surgical packs, place all instruments and supplies in orderly fashion preparing for the surgery. Waited in room for patient and nurse, doctor to arrive. Assist doc with gown and gloves, hand instruments to doctor as needed, maintain sterile field and correct counts of instruments and needles at all times. Kept accurate count of all fluids in and out of patient. When surgery was done then after patient left the operating room I would begin breaking down the sterile tables,removing all instruments and supplies from room. Cleaning the room and preparing for the next surgery.

I learned various surgical procedures and how best to assist in various environments.

The chain of command is respected and teamwork among-st us all a requirement.

The hardest part of the job long hours at times without the ability to leave to use bathroom or gain nourishment.

I enjoyed the individual aspects of each surgical case, and the ability to help make a difference in a person's life.
Pros
Variety of surgical cases.
Cons
Sometimes long hours with out ability to use restroom or receive nourishment.
Big company with many things for you to do.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILMarch 26, 2013
At the time I worked there I hadn't gone to college so there wasn't much advancement for me at this company.
Pros
big company with lots of advancement
Cons
no where for me to go
Love my job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILMarch 26, 2013
I love my job and don't really want to leave, but to better myself I feel I may need to leave to find a position I'm qualified for.
Pros
great people and place to work
Cons
not much advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hopedale Medical Complex. Our community is ready to answer.

Hopedale Medical Complex Reviews by Location