Hopedale Medical Complex Employee Review

View all Hopedale Medical Complex reviews

Avoid
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILAugust 8, 2016
When you interview at Hopedale, everything seems really charming and small town and quaint. Everyone is friendly and warm.

But after a few months of working there I was being called off of work half an hour after arriving (after driving in about 40 minutes from Peoria). They didn't let you advertise to get more business in, but then also refused to advertise for you.

Management is weird and clique-y and mildly incestuous. It's bitter, ugly, small town politics at its worst.

Everyone uses the excuse of being "just the messenger" and orders were always coming from "above" and that's why you were getting shafted. But you could never take your complaints any higher up the ladder.

The whole organization is built to shoot itself in the foot and that is exactly what it does at every turn.

I was also pushed to full time hours, but not given the health benefits that were supposed to come with that. When I addressed the matter with management, they said they had bumped me back to PRN hours. But I had received no notification of this change in hours and was still appearing as scheduled for 40 hours a week in the system.

After I'd left, I emailed management that I would be bringing in my tag, shirts, and other misc items. I got no acknowledgement and instead of waiting for me to arrive with their things, they gave all of my personal belongings/paperwork/pay stubs/etc. to a coworker who was instructed to deliver them to my home WITHOUT my permission

They are unprofessional in the most repugnant of ways and you ARE expendable here.
Pros
Cons
all

Other Hopedale Medical Complex Employee Reviews

Great place to work!!!!
Current HMC Employee (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILDecember 10, 2018
I have worked at HMC for 6+ years. I read the reviews and wonder who these people are that are complaining. Employees at HMC are valued. However if you dont put patient and resident care first or if you are a lazy employee who doesnt want to come to work then yes you are going to have issues with management. HMC is a family. I have seen Administration go out of their way to help HMC employees and their personal family during times of hardship. What other company still sends out handwritten birthday cards, anniversary cards, etc? What other company strives to ensure the happiness of the staff everyday? What other company has a COO with an open door policy or upper management that high fives their staff in the hallway? If you want a place that you enjoy working at and enjoy who you work with then HMC is the place to do that. If you are lazy or afraid to actually do the job you are paid to do then go somewhere else!
Pros
Family environment; Management; Benefits; Employee Culture
Cons
None really
Amazing Employer
Admitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILDecember 3, 2018
HMC is by far the nicest and most neighborly job I’ve ever had. They truly make you feel like a family and I have no idea what I’d do without the amazing managers and administrators. Everyone makes an effort to learn your name and genuinely care for you. After working in toxic environments in Chicago- HMC is a godsend. Truly a gem in the Midwest healthcare game!
Pros
Understanding Managers, competitive wages, and amazing environment
Cons
Working Holidays (rotating)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hopedale Medical Complex. Our community is ready to answer.

Hopedale Medical Complex Reviews by Location