Hopedale Medical Complex Employee Reviews

Small hospital, family operated, team orientated.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILAugust 12, 2013
As a surgical tech I would arrive at work, change into surgical scrubs, check the board for surgery's scheduled for the day. Receive my cases I would be assisting in. Prepare for these surgery's by obtaining all required instrumentation, needles,bandages, etc. Place unopened items into room. Put mask on, scrub for case, don gown and gloves open surgical packs, place all instruments and supplies in orderly fashion preparing for the surgery. Waited in room for patient and nurse, doctor to arrive. Assist doc with gown and gloves, hand instruments to doctor as needed, maintain sterile field and correct counts of instruments and needles at all times. Kept accurate count of all fluids in and out of patient. When surgery was done then after patient left the operating room I would begin breaking down the sterile tables,removing all instruments and supplies from room. Cleaning the room and preparing for the next surgery.

I learned various surgical procedures and how best to assist in various environments.

The chain of command is respected and teamwork among-st us all a requirement.

The hardest part of the job long hours at times without the ability to leave to use bathroom or gain nourishment.

I enjoyed the individual aspects of each surgical case, and the ability to help make a difference in a person's life.
Pros
Variety of surgical cases.
Cons
Sometimes long hours with out ability to use restroom or receive nourishment.
Big company with many things for you to do.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILMarch 26, 2013
At the time I worked there I hadn't gone to college so there wasn't much advancement for me at this company.
Pros
big company with lots of advancement
Cons
no where for me to go
Love my job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hopedale, ILMarch 26, 2013
I love my job and don't really want to leave, but to better myself I feel I may need to leave to find a position I'm qualified for.
Pros
great people and place to work
Cons
not much advancement
Micromanaged Organization
Sap (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILDecember 31, 2012
HMC sounds good on paper, however once hired your life becomes a nightmare, unless you are an hourly employee. Anyone who is hired for a director/management position had better record every conversation you have with the COO, it will come in handy at your unemployment hearing. Their HR department is behind times and untrained. Every HRD that is hired is terminated once changes are suggested and implemented. The Administration would rather keep their "yes men" on staff instead of replacing them for employees who know their jobs.
Cons
micromanagement
The Doctors were great to work for.
Home Health Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hopedale, ILJune 3, 2012
I worked in the Home Health Dept. for 1 year and within that year I had 5 supervisors. 3 quit, 1 was let go, and I quit by the time we got the 5th one.
Good place to work if you like a slower environment
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Outpatient LaboratoryMay 14, 2012
This was an unpaid gig for me so I cannot comment on the compensation part. However, for the most part, people are friendly here, but there are some who aren't as friendly. It's a good place for a small town feel