HopeHealth, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not Progressive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 9, 2018
This agency does seem to care about the patients, but not the staff.. Management pays too much attention to gossip. Company culture does not seem to want to excel just meet the minimum requirements. If you are progressive, this is not the right place for you.
Pros
Provides low income healthcare to patients
Cons
Poor management, not progressive or out of the box thinking
productive calm pace environment with very professional kind staff
Receptionist/Front desk (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 20, 2016
This was overall a great experience.the tasks at hand were very easy to learn with slight training.The staff and my co workers and i got along just wonderful.The most challenging task i have had since working at hope health is seeing sick patients.personally i have a soft heart and want to see everyone healthy and in good spirit.
Pros
Free axcess to cafiteria
Cons
only 2 short 30 min breaks
Fun Workplace
Medical Biller Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 15, 2015
Great place to work The employees are friendly. I would recommend this job to anybody, who likes to have fun while working..
great place to work , good benefits
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 12, 2015
Was a great place to work that went above and beyond to service the communtiy. This employer has great benefits with great schedules.
Very nice place to work
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CAOctober 19, 2015
I learned a lot in this place my coworkers are best my boss is excellent our pt's are great the most enjoyable part is when u see smile on pt's face .
Great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 24, 2015
Working at HopeHealth is great and friendly place. I had learn a lot there from the front office to the call center to medical records.
Cons
not enuogh hours
Overall a great name for itself as a whole, but the Edisto branch is very clique like. But the quality of work provided is exceptionally well.
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work can not be condensed into a few words for no two days are the same. I have learned a lot in the short while I have been employed here. I have grown personally and professionally. The management is mediocre for the most part, although always be aware of your surroundings for they are young and trying to make a name for themselves. Therefore, you will be thrown under the bus when things get heated. Also some of the young management shows disparage when they have to utilize their superior role to your lesser role. The most difficult part of my job is dealing with a office full of women and their attitudes and personalities. However the most enjoyable part of my job is "Thank You's" and "I appreciate the Help", just the gratitude I receive from serving and helping the client.
Great Place to Work
Program Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 27, 2015
With Hope all things are possible! Great place to learn and work. Each department is different but that is the beauty of working in a multifaceted company.
Productive and love working with patient care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed my experience working at hope health for externship hours. I love the environment and I had adapted so fast. The employees were so lovely and wouldn't mind working with them again. I learned so many news thing being able to work hands on. I am so ready to show off what I learned there into my career.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
health care
Very involved Team playing
CHPNA/CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  765 Attucks lane Hyannis, MANovember 21, 2014
Am bathing done with the team following to assit(Doctors, RN's ,and Social Worker).we have a ten bed unit with pt's coming in with symptems that could not be controlled at home. our job was to get these things under control and get that patient comfortable. our team worked very well together to make sure pt. and family were happier.many things happen in this kind of unit, from pain out of control, to family members needing extra support,terminal agitation,some times bleed outs,and palliative care.
Friendly People
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florence,scSeptember 16, 2014
Its a Great company to work for, the people are great. It is also very diverse.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Lack Of Communiucation
Much need and growing facility
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 27, 2014
Very busy and productive facility that reaches out to the uninsured as well as the insured. Dedicated to health needs of its community.
Pleasant Place to Work
Externship (Former Employee) –  Manning, SCMarch 10, 2014
A typical day is attending to the patients need and taking their vitals and making sure everything was ok before leaving out the DR office to their satisfaction.I learned a lot while i was their on my externship. How to set up the room for each vist in the room and santitize the area.The co workers their was great anything that they can help u with all you had to do is just ask. The job wasnt hard at all . I enjoy every minute their everyday is mostly something different and love chellenges
Pros
We had to pay for lunch unless it was an hoilday
Cons
we had two 15 mins breaks and 30 min lunch break
Productive friendly workplace
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 11, 2013
Very friendly staff and management. I very much enjoyed working with all of them as well as meeting all the patients. Hope Health has a very family-like atmosphere. The staff there really took the time to get to know their patients and it was obvious how much more comfortable it made the patients. The hardest part about my clinical week there was having to leave at the end.
HopeHealth
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 12, 2013
Very nice and gracious, they taught me a lot but I leaned even more from the patients I served. I really enjoyed my experience there.
Productive and fun work place helping people
Peer Liaison Specialist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 2, 2013
went out to school and educated student on hiv and aid and we would set up date have free testing for all stds. I love my management and my coworkers. this job was hard at all I loved it
Productive, progressive place to work.
Substance Abuse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore , MDJune 12, 2013
Management allows and expects employees to be independent workers that can get the job done, with their on style. Pay is comparable to work. Staff and work environment is user friendly.
Medical Social Woker
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2013
patients/families through established methods and protocols. Counseled patients/families. Conducted workshops for institutions.
• Initiated this “Start Up” grant program for homeless patients
• Wrote all policies and procedures for the Social Work Department
• Recruited the agencies, medical professionals and other community agencies and hospitals who provided care and services to the clients of the program

Metro Home Health Care/Extendicare Home Health, Memphis, TN
Medical Social Worker, June 1995- November 1997
Managed case records, consulted and collaborated with RN’s and MD’s. Implemented plans of care and investigated client complaints. Performed home follow-up visits. Making referral visits assigned by RN’s and MD’s. Collaborated with various agencies for discharge planning and development of “a place of care” for home health clients. Conducted individual and family sessions, also discharge planning and advocating for families in the community.
• Conducted training workshops, and assisted in writing policies
• Successfully recruited agencies, medical providers, professionals and other community agencies and hospitals who provided care and services to the clients of the program

Youth Villages/ Memphis Boys Town, Memphis, TN
Residential and Family Counselor, April 1991- June 1995
Conducted individual, family, and group psychotherapy sessions. Provided Case Management for “at- risk” children. Organized treatment and post-treatment planning. Facilitated program development sessions. Supervised activities for residents in a treatment facility. Implemented and executed individual
  more... treatment plans. Provided therapeutic living arrangements by enforcing rules and providing a structured life style. Managed placement of students in foster care, and provided follow up care via home visits, parental training and attending court sessions.
• State Certified as a Social Worker
• Completed Internship and other certification programs
Pros
interacting with a diverse society
Cons
healthcare
unethical
Family Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  baltimore,mdApril 18, 2012
many quite or get fired poor morale. Unable to provide clients.