Hopewell City Public Schools

Working at Hopewell City Public Schools: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

I feel that the school pay more than I should get.

The load at Hopewell City Schools is very reasonable. Anything I needed is provided. Although virtual teaching was very challenging, however, my boss and colleague were very supportive. I never feel that I was left alone.

Nothing is perfect but they're trying to be better

This is one of the better districts I have worked in as far as access to resources and compensation. There is however, much to be done in the area of culture- specifically cliques. As educators, we should lead by example and the gossip is utterly disgusting.

Hopewell City Public Schools insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Good stepping stone

It was a good stepping stone for future opportunities. Benefits are reasonable. Pay could’ve been better but it is a very small school system compared to most.

Love working at my school feeding the kids

Working in a school setting is great. I love working with the kids and giving them a nutritious meal to eat. Having a small staff makes things easier to me eveyone knows there job.

Pros

Holidays off

Cons

Friendly and caring

The staff at DuPont Elementary are wonderful, caring and just above and beyond when it comes to their job. They treat their students with kindness and are helpful to those who are new.

Lots of turnover but those who stay are willing to mentor

There is a high turn over of teacher and students within the school. Staff that has been there for a while are more than willing to help mentor younger staff. Curriculum and expectations of teachers/ models of instruction are always changing and proper training is not given before teachers are expected to implement changes.

Great experience, but not my dream job

I gained a lot of excellent experience at HCPS. My coworkers were helpful and friendly. However, due to high turnover, things are constantly changing and it can be overwhelming and confusing. The climate at my school often felt unhealthy and negative. I love the kids, they taught me the most. I moved to VA for this job because it's difficult to find a teaching job in PA, but now I'm ready to move home- that's why I'm leaving.

Decent

This is a good job if you want extra money, or if your a single parent and want to work while your child is in school. Ive been working for this company over a year.

Stressful, negative, unprofessional

Favoritism Poor decision making on part of administrators Gossipy co-workers Inadequate teaching space Negative environment Inadequate teaching materials

Hopewell City Public Schools

Good place to work. Supportive work environment. I have enjoyed working in my present position very much. If there was a position open in administration I would grab it in a heart beat. This is a good team to work for.

Pros

Supportive administrative staff and teachers.

Family-oriented workplace culture.

Family-oriented workplace culture. Tough job but teamwork makes the dream work. Good work life balance. Dealing with middle school children is of course a challenge, but the staff is dedicated.

Cut throat

Supervisor was not a fair person. To many hidden agendas and people who work there are not honest. Hope they have cleaned house because moral is not that high/

Rewarding and Exciting Experience

I have taught in Hopewell for three years. It has been the best professional experience I have ever had. Our administration is beyond incredible and the family dynamic in the building is obvious. The support you receive is ENDLESS and I wouldn't trade this experience for the world.

Is a good place to work dependng on the school

Hopewell City Public Schools is a great place to work at. It has its good and bad examples. There are certain schools that are better to work at then others and there are some children that are worse then others when it comes to attitudes. Overall my experiences have been good and I have enjoyed helping the children and teaching them.

Pros

Get to interact with children

Cons

THe attitudes of some of the children

Great school district where students are truly valued!

Great school district to work for where meeting the needs of the students truly matter. Motivated educators continuously working to develop professionally to better provide quality education to the students who attend the schools.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hopewell City Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits