Horace Mann Insurance Employee Reviews in Morrisville, NC

Horrible place to work
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 16, 2018
They do not give you the proper tools/ongoing training to execute your daily job routine. Mgmt only speaks with you when you made a mistake never praises on the good. My mgr was fake and had her picks on the team. She gave praises and suggest promotion to those that she liked and kissed up to her. No career growth at all and the pay sucks and micro managed.
Pros
Getting a paycheck
Cons
Mgmt
Brown nosers get ahead
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 15, 2018
Horrible place to work. If you like kissing butt, then you may get promoted. You won't for your knowledge and how well you do your job.

Wish I could have rated them zero stars.
Pros
Not working there anymore.
Cons
Working there.
ok place to work
General Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 25, 2017
its an okay place to work as long as you keep to yourself and don't question the mgt about it. most of the lower level managers are fair to employees but the higher level mgrs are not.
Pros
good pay
Cons
playing favorites
Productive and laid back atmosphere
Casualty Claims Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 7, 2015
On a typical day, I pay all medical bills (1st and 3rd party) for our customers through a data base called Medata Core and the Explanation of Benefits EOBs are populated through another data called Medata Toolbox where I have to override reason codes to make sure that charges for procedures are reduced correctly saving the company money. I also work with another data base called CWS which retains all of our files for our customers. My co-workers are friendly and we're like family which makes my job easy.
Pros
Great benefits, ie medical, dental, visual, 401K
Run far away!
Claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  morrisville, ncAugust 8, 2015
This company is horrible. The management is the worst and will lie to you daily about EVERYTHING! Everyday you fear you will be fired for the simplest things. They are ridiculously understaffed but expect you to still perform as if they over staffed. You will work on average 10 hrs a day for 6 days or maybe 12 hrs a day for 5. The benefits are not really all that. Everyone complains daily about working for the company. And don't bother saying anything to HR... You will be fired for it. Training is set up for failure. Technology is about 8 years behind. Management will throw you under the bus in a second to save their own skin. The company is VERY unorganized and it is a big popularity contest. No room for advancement unless you go behind people's backs to get it

You will be looking for a new job with in 3-6 months
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
everything else
Its a job...
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCDecember 30, 2014
The people are great a very family oriented atmosphere. Benefits and 401K are pretty good compared to industry standard. Pay is average for industry standard. Segmentation was just initiated so duties are excessive compared to the industry. In my tenure there, management is reactive not proactive. Something that happens annually shouldn't come as a shock and be met with no preparation. Most subordinates are looked at as just a number. The turn over rate is high so staffing is always an issue causing the remaining people to be overworked and interfering with their work/life balance.
Ok
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Ok company, didn't work there very long. I don't have anything good or bad to say about the place really.
Great benefits with some really good employees
Senior Loss Report Taker (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 4, 2013
Answer phones in a high call center type environment. Set up automobile claims and either routed to the appropriate department or I would handle the claim all the way through the process until the repairs are completed. I made follow up calls to ensure that the customer was clear about the process and reviewed policy coverage’s as needed. Set up rentals for customers and referred the customer to our specialty shops. Promoted to a senior loss report taker and took on the responsibility to assist with training other and new employees.
Pros
great team work environment. worked 4 days per week.
Cons
high turnover rate
Great place to work if you do not want to be bored
Auto Property Damage Adjustor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 5, 2012
High amount of work, but is a great comapny to work for. Although their training program has improved greatly, at least since I started, they still need to work on some of their organazational skills.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
claims office, some people are just rude when they call in.