Horizon Bank Employee Reviews

Departmental in-fighting and petty office politics poison the bank.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Indiana and MichiganDecember 2, 2018
Poor communication and worse cooperation between departments. Upper management is oblivious to chaos wrought by VPs and lower management. Opportunities and promotions parceled out by politics, not merit. Horrible.
Pros
Stable company, expanding
Cons
Poor communication and horrible management
Great Bank to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INNovember 6, 2018
I greatly enjoyed working at Horizon Bank. My fellow advisors were friendly and easy to work with, making the work day fun. Horizon provided many opportunities to grow within the Bank.
Great culture
Assistant Vice President-District Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Southwest MichiganOctober 24, 2018
Enjoyed my time with Horizon Bank.Met many great individuals. Chose to retire early and pursue other career opportunities. Would recommend Horizon Bank to others.
Fun workplace with hometown feel.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 3, 2018
I worked for Horizon for for roughly 7 months. I enjoyed working for the company and would have stayed if unforeseen circumstances didn't come up. I felt like a part of a great team that worked together toward the same goal. There were advancement opportunities and the managers did everything in their power and help you get to where you wanted to be.
Great Teamwork
VP, Commercial Loan Officer II (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 24, 2018
Everyone was a pleasure to work with. It was a very happy cordial environment. Everyone was always looking out for the best interest of the clients.
Pros
Team Approach
Cons
Management was not local.
No structure or training
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waverly, NEJuly 12, 2018
This was an okay place to work. The people were very friendly but there was no explanation or reasoning given why things were done a certain way. Very much lack of training.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
No training
I would like to not provide this information
Mobile Services (Courier) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
I understand that Indeed needs to pay the bills but I do not feel comfortable sharing this data at this time. Indeed is a great tool and a great company so keep up the good work.
Community Bank that never got off the ground
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 8, 2018
Small community bank in Iowa that never saw an opportunity to grow. Horizon was purchased before they could see their fullest potential. Missed opportunity with this bank.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
Weak financials
Good people to work with
TELLER II (Current Employee) –  Franklin INApril 6, 2018
The management at the Horizon Bank I work at is wonderful. I work with a lot of great people. Its a good company to work for. I enjoy working with the customers also.
Collections
Senior Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parcippany NJMarch 26, 2018
Constantly on the phones. Larned new systems. Culture was good. No parts of te job was bad. Working with people was fun..

THe position did not pay well for the area where I lived...
Company cares for the community and employees
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Wanatah, INMarch 6, 2018
Horizon is a great place to work. It has a professional but fun and relaxed atmosphere. Horizon is very involved with community matters and makes sure employees are happy.
Good company, but needs to work with employees
Teller (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, INFebruary 28, 2018
Smaller branch in a smaller town handles different customer bases than bigger branches in bigger towns. All employees should be treated equally, which isn't the case. The staffing needs to be filled and has been left empty for over 2 months in our already low staffed branch. Customers are pleasant to work with, as are employees. Benefits are mediocre but cost too much. Compensation is low and raises only offered yearly. Weekends are free, and holidays are paid, and time off is exceptional!
Pros
Benefits, weekends and holidays off, friendly customers
Cons
Expensive benefits, unfair treatment
Mixed
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Schoolcraft, MIFebruary 12, 2018
I loved my coworkers but the pay for what I did was ridiculous. Customer a were the reason I stayed so long. But the management is less than adequate at there job.
Pros
Great coworkers
Bank Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 30, 2018
Responsibilities:
Process customer’s transactions – Deposits, withdraws, etc., balance daily cash, daily
cash reports, customer service duties.
Great Temporary job in college
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INJanuary 9, 2018
Pleasant summer job. Hours were great, flexible for vacations, very relaxed. Friendly environment and great company to work for. Would absolutely recommend.
Coworkers were wonderful to work with
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INDecember 18, 2017
I was only with Horizon Bank for less than a month before my job, Operations Clerk, ended, as they acquired Wolverine Bank. Therefore, I'm not able to give a review. During that short time, my job stayed the same, as did my Supervisor; therefore, I did not have the opportunity to actually work under Horizon Bank's management or work with their programs.

I gave the above 5 stars because of the employees who were continuing with Horizon Bank.
Productive And very busy
Bank Officer teller (Current Employee) –  Horizon Bank Holland TexasNovember 13, 2017
Good place to work just need a change . I absolutely love my customers. The products we offer are good and the customers seem to enjoy coming in to visit
Pros
Location and hours
I do not recommend employment at Horizon Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INOctober 14, 2017
I do not recommend employment at Horizon Bank. Employee expectations are unrealistic. Operating procedures are difficult to follow. Training is inadequate.
Teller Position is easy but boring
Teller and CSR (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 26, 2017
I had this job as a part time during college, and full time during the summer. it was super easy and sometimes fun other times not. it was super boring most of the time and you're indoors a lot. 7am to 5pm. good for a part time or temporary job definitely. I was getting paid 9 but got it raised to 11 when i was going to leave for another job! worked there for 2 years.
Pros
manager was freakin awesome. 1 hr lunch break
Cons
there all day, boring job, sitting/standing a lot, dirty money
Close to home. Very hard-working people with very strict credit standards.
Administrative Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, IN 46360September 17, 2017
The CEO is a great leader! He has a vision for what he wants Horizon Bank to become, and is committed to get there. To accomplish these goals, most employees are very devoted, and work many long days. As a result, the Bank continues to grow.
Pros
Liked the work I did.
Cons
Stressful to complete all the work in an average 8-hour day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

5.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight