Horizon Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant; Temporary (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 15, 2018
A typical day at Horizon Behavioral Health was faced paced, surprises due to family and children. A consistency of work daily with non stop telephone calls.
Pros
not enough time for special projects
Cons
unable to take lunch due to long days.
Great starting point, good benefits for single person
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 30, 2018
I’m a case manager and I love my job. If you are self-motivated and can learn to be efficient the work/life balance is great. I never take work home and rarely work long days unless I choose to for scheduling reasons. Pay isn’t the best but the benefits for employee are great; terrible for families. My supervisor is amazing. Lots of training and networking opportunities if you want to move up in the field. This is a great place to get initial experience but not much space to move up beyond that.
Pros
Training, networking, experience, benefit package, pto
Cons
Not much room to move up, supervisors stretched thin
Ceo and portfolio manager are extremely deceitful
Admission Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 24, 2018
They closed detox right before Christmas and did very little to help with the transition. Their mission mentions transparency however, they do nothing to honor that. Constant back biting. You must be fiends with main lead np, or portfolio manager to maintain your position.
Pros
Good benefits, 401k
Cons
Toxic work environment. Some staff not nice to clients
Good at first....
ICF Residential Housing RN (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 23, 2018
CEO money hungry
No respect for ID population
Poor Upper Management
Change you intigents upon hire at upper managements discretion
No chance for advancement
Pros
Free muffin or fruit of your choice at mandatory required meetings
Cons
Stressful work environment; poor pay
Loved working for case management team
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 19, 2018
I don't know about the other teams but I enjoyed working on the case management team. Everyone was helpful. My supervisor was wonderful. I would recommend case management to anyone.
Relaxed and non stressful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 26, 2018
Coworkers were nice and work was not overwhelming. Learned how doctors responded to children and how to make parents feel at ease. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids and also working with other coworkers. There was never a question left unanswered and everyone made sure the patients were taken care of to the best of their ability.
Pros
Fun environment and good pay
Cons
Temporary positions that are not secure
They do not hold their management staff accountable
Peer Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 22, 2018
The benefits are wonderful. However, that is the end of the good things about this company. Management staff, with the exception of a few individuals, are not held to an acceptable standard. They can be found guilty of of misconduct and not only keep their job but still require the reporting employee to report to them as a supervisor. In what fantasy land would this ever work?
Hours are Great
Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 19, 2018
Management is lacking, and advancement is very limited. Pay is pretty inadequate and CEO and management are not making any effort to aid in increasing pay for employees.
Great Place
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 3, 2018
Staff care about clients. Work/life balance is encouraged. First professional job. Great learning experience to help me advance in my career. Highly recommended.
No team work and too much drama
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 2, 2018
At the beginning it was a great place to work for and then when we moved up to new suite, there was no management skills, no help with problems w/others
Cons
Could not trust any manager.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 14, 2018
Mind your business, do your work, and don’t fall victim to the negativity and this would be a great place to work. I don’t have issues as long as I’m meeting/exceeding job requirements.
Pros
Flexibility, great PTO, large organization hence better benefits
Cons
High turnover, unorganized at times
Easy and fun work enviroment
Residential Technician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 4, 2018
The work we did was amazing and the staff were amazing! However, the management and admin were crooked, thieving and cutthroat, while the benefits and pay were goo for the field itself, the management created a highly hostile work enviroment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
Case Management
Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  LynchburgOctober 30, 2017
While I had ana amazing manager, the work requirement and poor upper management made work a never-ending hamster on a wheel environment. The CEO held the cheese while having other crank the speed and crack the whip. While benefits were above average the mental toll it took on myself and those around me were not worth the sacrifices to my family.
Pros
Benefits and lower level management
Cons
Unattainable and unrealistic expectations, massive case loads, quantity over quality
Overal Good Experience
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 30, 2017
I work as a site supervisor in an alternative program. I supervised 2-5 mental health clinicians as they worked with students were removed from the traditional school setting. My duties included completing school attendance, maintaining my client's files and update as needed, Completing quarterly reports, monthly summaries to the schools, completing audits, meeting with school officials to discuss transitioning client who have made progress, conducting group therapy with evidenced based curricula, and creating individualized treatment plans. The hardest part of the job is when there a conflict in the schedule between programming (working with the client) and administrative duites (meetings regarding the business of Horizon). The most enjoyable part of the job is working directly with the client and the parents. The workplace climate is collaborative and cooperative, however our site kinda seem on a island on our own because of the client population. I have learned a lot of leadership skills, especially in the role of a supervisor.
Pros
good benefits, good hours, supportive management for day treatment
Cons
poor compensation.
Good for New Graduates
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 29, 2017
I enjoy working with the clients but anyone with a Masters Degree should not be at Horizon more than 5 years due to the benefits of working there peaks at that time.
Pros
paid vacation days, full benefits
Cons
company is incongruent with mission, too business minded, too frequent changes/inconsistant
Change is the Norm (Never said Productive Change)
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 25, 2017
Everyday emails bombard you and request change. Everyone wants to play boss and some are very territorial over their job security. This is a great place to start out rather straight out of college or straight out of Momma's basement. I truly have learned a lot and have been very blessed from staff...etc. Clients are definitely my favorite part and most charitable memories. I have advised while being advised. No matter how stressed or difficult a day may seem, there is always a ram in the bush to brighten my day!
Horrible place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 14, 2017
Mangement is rude, tgey train employees to treat patients like trash, violates patient privacy on a regular basis, too many managers, nasty management lisa oliver is a fake manager !!! All of the managers are close friends they hire family members and show favortism they dont care about their employees only give you 30 mins to eat abd will cut your time short , watches everything you do like your in prison building is full of mold medical records everywhere
Pros
Cons
Horrible company to work for
Cut throat environment very little understanding
Peer Specialist/Crisis Stabilization/PACT Team (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 26, 2017
The CEO has peer financial skills. No training when begin . No support from talent management. No compassions for mistakes. no empathy for employees. Lot of gossiping. Clients made fun of.
Older employees run the company. High turnover.
Pros
paid leave
Cons
poor management
Rewarding place to work
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 21, 2017
I love where I work, my coworkers, and the people I serve. I have been working here for 6 years now. I have grown each year and plan to grow even further.
benefits
Cons
Expensive health care plans
It is sad to see what is happening at H workplace, hostile work environment. The CEO is being manipulated by his executive team and upper managers!
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 12, 2017
The only enjoyable part of my job was feeling the satisfaction from knowing my personal and professional contributions meant something to the team and clients.
Pros
FT Benefit Package, service to poor and indigent
Cons
All else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Horizon Behavioral Health Reviews by Location