Horizon Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Wonderful empoyees and providers. The worst management I’ve ever dealt with
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMay 8, 2019
Constant changes to work requirements through messages. No way to please management unless you are family or you brown nose. They train you in new areas then require you to do the extra work regardless, and don’t give raises to compensate the extra workload. Management discuss personal information about other employees to staff like it’s no big deal. Management will threaten and intimidate and retaliate employees that complain about the extra duties and workload, and the amount of nepotism is unreal!!! They change the schedule constantly making it impossible for staff to keep any schedule regardless if you have children that need to be picked up or taken to practice. Even when giving specific dates months in advance!! All I can say is don’t do it!!!
Pros
Free lunch every now and then from drug reps.
Cons
Horrible management and constant nepotism. Family of management employed in all locations.
Great Job
Support Coordinator / QIDP/QMHP-A (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 4, 2019
Great Job, had a lot of responsibilities, sometimes took on more than I should, but I loved my job that much.
DSP staff did not get enough respect as they should have , but they did their jobs wonderfully.
I would go back again, if I could , but distance prohibits that opportunity.
Unethical
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 4, 2019
I would not recommend working for Horizon due to poor management, hostile work environment, and a lack of integrity from management. I regret the day I accepted the job offer at Horizon. Supervisors lie and document lies, behave poorly.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management that lack integrity
Soul crushing employer
Clinician/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 21, 2019
The management is highly vindictive, UNETHICAL, and uncaring about staff or clients. There is much drama, strife, and retaliation in administration and management. They are a den of vipers who are absolutely untrustworthy. Administration flaunts inappropriate relationships and "perks" with staff who provide favors.
Poor Management, Policies unclear
Residential Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 9, 2019
Issues with management are resolved with threats and intimidation. You either play along or get pushed out. And for a wellness employer, care very little about their own employees wellness. Poor choice to join this circus!
Benefits
Cons
HBH is a great place to work at first.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GANovember 28, 2018
I worked at HBH for a while and thouroughly enjoyed my coworkers. However the mangement staff is very hard to please. Especially if are not brownnoser. The providers are wonderful. You must handle stress well.
Pros
Free Luncheons
Cons
Short Lunch Breaks. Constant Changes.
Not Great
Clinician, Intensive Services (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 28, 2018
Emotionally and mentally draining job. Great hours and great team, but overall not a great company to work for or good compensation for such challenging work.
Best for Those Starting Out in Mental Health
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 20, 2018
Overall, I enjoy my location and many of my coworkers. My client caseload is wonderful. But there is too much stress and expectations placed around billing and making productivity. It’s a central conversation in supervision and meetings. Occasionally, you feel like management cares about preventing clinician burnout and building clinical skills, but then will immediately flip to money being the “bottom line”. Very discouraging, at times, stifling, work culture. You will constantly need to remind yourself why you decided to become a counselor. The morale for staff, agency-wide, is consistently compromised.
Pros
Supportive coworkers, opportunities for trainings
Cons
Productivity & Billing expectations, micromanagement by some supervisors, low morale, benefits expensive for families
it was a great place to work
Custodian, maintenance Asst. (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 6, 2018
Everyone I worked with got along with me great we all talked and just had fun communicating, the staff was great at answering my questions I had occasionally been late to work some days because the buses never ran in the mornings when i needed to be there so I had to walk to work most mornings.
Pros
lunch and meetings
Cons
short breaks
Great entry level job!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 4, 2018
Typical day of work - Very versatile. Self Managed
What I learned was how to work well with the mental health population.
Management was very friendly and easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job is lots of paperwork
The best part is flexibility.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor pay
Management Is The Problem
Clincian (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 15, 2018
Management is horrible at Horizon. Management forms niches to talk about employees. Because you never know who will be targeted next, it makes the work atmosphere tense and unpredictable. If this is the only job you can find, I say "any port in the time of storm", but rest assured there will be plenty of stormy seas due to management.
Pros
Clients with whom you work
Cons
Management; cut-throat behaviors; gossip runs rampant
Horizon does a lot of good for many people
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed working with the clients. I felt supported by my Supervisor, but the CEO and decision-makers kept Managements' hands tied as far as supporting the actual Client-care team. Not enough hours allowed to do the necessary work.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Upper Management does not support the Case Workers and "lower" employees
Company driven off of money and poor commuication
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 25, 2018
The company is going down due to poor communication, poor management, and poor benefits and pay. Everyone is leaving due to the issues and no one wants to take positions due to lack of pay. The CEO is money driven and cares less about the clients AND the livelihood/sanity of the mental health workers.
Administrative Assistant; Temporary (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 15, 2018
A typical day at Horizon Behavioral Health was faced paced, surprises due to family and children. A consistency of work daily with non stop telephone calls.
Pros
not enough time for special projects
Cons
unable to take lunch due to long days.
Great starting point, good benefits for single person
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 30, 2018
I’m a case manager and I love my job. If you are self-motivated and can learn to be efficient the work/life balance is great. I never take work home and rarely work long days unless I choose to for scheduling reasons. Pay isn’t the best but the benefits for employee are great; terrible for families. My supervisor is amazing. Lots of training and networking opportunities if you want to move up in the field. This is a great place to get initial experience but not much space to move up beyond that.
Pros
Training, networking, experience, benefit package, pto
Cons
Not much room to move up, supervisors stretched thin
Ceo and portfolio manager are extremely deceitful
Admission Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 24, 2018
They closed detox right before Christmas and did very little to help with the transition. Their mission mentions transparency however, they do nothing to honor that. Constant back biting. You must be fiends with main lead np, or portfolio manager to maintain your position.
Pros
Good benefits, 401k
Cons
Toxic work environment. Some staff not nice to clients
unorganized chaos
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 7, 2018
Most co-workers are great to work with. The ones that aren't good to work with are horrible people and should not work in this field. No room for advancement unless you are a you are in a specific cliche. If you are not apart of that cliche you will not go far does not matter what experience you have. Great place to get CM experience straight out of college but you will have to train yourself.
Pros
10 reconized holiday a year, co-workers
Cons
cost of healthcare for family, poor leadership, poor business decisions
Good at first....
ICF Residential Housing RN (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 23, 2018
CEO money hungry
No respect for ID population
Poor Upper Management
Change you intigents upon hire at upper managements discretion
No chance for advancement
Pros
Free muffin or fruit of your choice at mandatory required meetings
Cons
Stressful work environment; poor pay
Loved working for case management team
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 19, 2018
I don't know about the other teams but I enjoyed working on the case management team. Everyone was helpful. My supervisor was wonderful. I would recommend case management to anyone.
Relaxed and non stressful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 26, 2018
Coworkers were nice and work was not overwhelming. Learned how doctors responded to children and how to make parents feel at ease. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids and also working with other coworkers. There was never a question left unanswered and everyone made sure the patients were taken care of to the best of their ability.
Pros
Fun environment and good pay
Cons
Temporary positions that are not secure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Horizon Behavioral Health Reviews by Location