Horizon Foods Employee Reviews

Mulltiple management companies make for way too many opinions!
Dining Director (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 27, 2019
Absent landlord basically. They managed on phones from Minnesota or in airports and were more concerned with covering their own butts than actually looking into property issues! A workers comp issue was quickly brushed aside knowing that with nearly no staffing, options to seek medical attention were very limited!
Fast Paced Environment
Dining Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJuly 6, 2019
Very fast paced environment, short staffed. Long hours with minimal benefits. Manager was very flexible and understanding. Co workers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Sraffing
low pay for dietary employees
Nutritional Services Manager (Former Employee) –  New Richmond, WIFebruary 22, 2019
A total disconnect from upper management with unrealistic expectations from the lowest paid employees. Many empty promises made to employees, lack of support and follow up from district and upper management.
Pros
I worked at a great facility
Cons
low pay for hardest working employees
Great work/life balance
Corporate Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 8, 2019
New Horizon Foods is a great company to work for, if you are looking for a life/work balance. Flexible hrs, and creative menu freedom. Most enjoyable part of the job is creating dishes that surpass customer expectations.
Long hours not enought employers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 27, 2019
They don't let you use your skills follow menu don't change never meet the Owner of New Horizon need thick skin to work under upper management talk about other employees at other places
Pros
Cons
To many
They do not care about employees
Cook (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNNovember 30, 2018
Worst food service company to work for in Minnesota
All they care about is profit, not the employees.
They do not give you a good work place or benefits.
Bad Place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARNovember 11, 2018
Bad Place they didn't stay open long there is nothing good I can say about this job so much stealing some of every thing was going on at that job....
Great team atmosphere, Great products, great repeat client following.
Sales/ management (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA/ tampa, fl.August 9, 2018
This company had a great culture, very teamed oriented,amazing growth opportunity for those who wanted to work hard and better themselves. CEO And CFO were amazing leaders. Company however never recovered from the financial crisis of 2008-2009. company closed late 2014.
Out of busness
Regional sales manager and trainer (Former Employee) –  NationwideAugust 8, 2018
Company no longer exists. It was fun while it lasted. Had a great time meeting thousands of people, learned many sales tricks and tips would never want to go door to door again
nice place to work
Cook/Dietary (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 24, 2018
I liked working there. Very nice people, friendly workplace culture. hours were good. schedule time was fare. Interacting with the guests was a very nice part of the shifts
Pros
very open minded
Cons
sometimes the set menus
Fast pace work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 29, 2018
It was very fast paced it was an exact time everything had to be done.If you were behind on one thing you were behind on everything for that day. I learned that that really wasn't the environment I wanted to be in even tho I loved interacting with residents. I really didn't like the feel of the workplace because it was like the people that was there longer thought they could force you to do what you are really not suppose to. The hardest part of the job for me was to clean up two dining rooms all by myself. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with residents & hearing new stories everyday.
Pros
The residents
Horrible
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 5, 2018
I have nothing to say nice about this place. The company was being investigated by banks. People was being hired with no experience and people was selling drugs.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No longevity
My review is Horizon Foods was not a good work environment.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMarch 19, 2018
Horizon Foods was not a good work environment. The work setting was fast paced and the management did not properly train employees. We employees were not getting paid and often were let off with no hours.
satisfactory work experience
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIFebruary 4, 2018
Working at New Horizons was very rewarding. I enjoyed cooking for all the residents and getting to know them. I had a great staff and loved working with the director.
Room for growth
Director of Nutrition (Current Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 21, 2017
Management encourages growth. Room for learning and career advancement within the company. They provide continuing education reimbursement and are promote within.
Fast Paced, Commission Based, No Benefits
Training Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 13, 2017
100% Commission Based, Long Hours, Door to Door Sales, Burnt out, Great money, Company is no longer in Business. company went out of back in 2007. made great friends and great relationships, I learn so much about door to door sales
Pros
great money
Cons
really long hours, 7 day work week
I loved New Horizon Foods , the position was lost
Manager / cook (Former Employee) –  Senior High rise in Robbinsdsle mmSeptember 5, 2017
They were excellent to me . I love to cook and be challenged . Fast pace is for me . I have worked in the senior business for many years . I've cooked , cleaned , wrote monthly menu's been very creative with my menu's,
Pros
Great people to work for . Cared what I was thinking and doing.
Cons
Not any
Great place went out of business
West Coast Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 2, 2017
Horizon was a great company to work for. Made lots of money, went on some great trips and made some life long friends. Unfortunately they went out of business. :(
Pros
Hi energy, lots of fun
Cons
went out of business
customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  KansasMarch 1, 2017
just a mall job helping customers when they ask or if they are open to your opinions anwering phones and using the cash register not much to it short ours minimum wage
Fun, and entertaining place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Crookston, MNJanuary 9, 2017
I loved working for New Horizon Foods, serving the patients and employees of the Riverview Hospital was fun. The doctors and nurses loved having me work there and always enjoyed my company. There was always someone making a joke and so many smiles.
Pros
free lunches, 3 breaks per shift, fun, enjoyable
Cons
hair nets