Horizon Health Services Employee Reviews

Atmosphere full of Positive Energy
STNA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 10, 2018
An experience of a lifetime to be surrounded by such People. I love to learn new things and grow. I love the support system that was provided. Very helpful and instructive as far as this position. By far one of the best places to work with the elderly.
Pros
Flexible shift
Cons
No break
Not a professional workplace.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 10, 2018
If you want to work for a company you can grow with, This company is not the one. Very unfair workplace. No benefits or, days personal/sick leave. Very low pay for the amount of work you do.
Very horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 21, 2018
I did the application online and send them my proof as a CNA and they called me and left a message asking did I want to take a client who lived way out of the places I asked for. Then I was woken up to a phone call from a client I never asked for. How do you assigned me to someone without giving me an interview and I don't know nothing about my w2 or there is no paperwork signed with my info. How do you pass out my personal number and then I call and the manager said she sent me and email of the client address. False the only I email I got was how to do the application. This place is very rude and very disrespectful.
Cons
unprofessional, no communication, gives personal information out before hired
Fun Workplace
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 29, 2018
Very stressful environment, face passed, kid and elderly friendly , good place to work if your long term goals are health care, stepping stone to better job opportunities.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Working Weekends
Challenging environment of chemical dependency/rehabilitation and healthcare.
Chemical Dependency LPN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 21, 2018
Horizon Health Services was a tough place to work, with unpredictable hours, poor management, poor employee compensation, and poor working environments.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Poor compensation, poor working environment
great place
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 20, 2018
Very flexible and willing to train. was here for 3 years and changed positions within the first year. definitely room for growth but would have liked better pay
The company needs to provide clear direction to their employees.
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pierz, MNApril 4, 2018
Too many hands in the cookie jar. No clear direction as to what is expected from you. Hours were not stable, which is fine if you only require part-time wages.
Pros
nice building, roomy offices
Cons
Management is unstable. High turn over rate.
Love it
Community Education Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 31, 2018
Great atmosphere. Love the job and the work involved. Received exceptional reviews each year. Learned a lot about marketing and public relation services.
Pros
Benefit
Stay away
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 27, 2018
Stay away. Poor company culture, a lot of back stabbing and lies. Managers tell you one thing and if it doesn't work out they will let you fall on the sword for them. Terrible terrible place.
Pros
Helping people in need
Cons
Work schedule, pay, almost no vacation time
loved the staff
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 27, 2018
answered phones, handled clients in takes and billing. Kept the charts in order. Operated a system specific pc program. Assisted professional counselors and physiologists
Treat employees badly
RN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 10, 2018
Don’t work there this company treats you as a number and expects you to commit your life to them yet will not have you’d back if you need it. They are awful and treat employees with little respect. There is favoritism among management and clinicians.
Pros
Being able to help people in need
Cons
Treat employees badly.
learning expierence
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2017
I appreciate horizon for giving me such great opportunity to grow from my intern and then from their temporary hire as a per dim medical records assistant employee.
Pros
learning experience
Flexible
Treatment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYDecember 14, 2017
Very flexible and its a nice place to work at! They have numerous locations and a variety of jobs to choose from. If you like helping others this would be a place to work at!
Company that hires straight out of college with no view for longevity or counselor care
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 28, 2017
get ready for unexacting standards and a constant environment of sleight of hand where one thing is preached while the opposite is put into effect. they hire young unexpierinced counselors that are so thankful to have a job they don't realize the unrealistic expectations that are being put upon them. in order to try to achieve the work load they then end up doing 2 - 3 hours of work at home each night and have no work life balance for poor wages. a rewarding job where you truly get to help people and see peoples live change is over shadowed by the fact that you can't live your own. Turn over at this company is CRAZY. After 4 years I am among the veterans.
This was a great company to work with
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 13, 2017
This was a great company to work with. What I loved from this job was the way time was running. We were always so busy that a 8 hour shift was totally gone by fast.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
salary was not the best
The Worst
Health Home Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2017
The worst company in Buffalo. Management is rude and nasty. No matter how good of an employee you are, you will never be acknowledged for hard work. If you like drama, this is the place for you.
Excellent foundation for social work
Counselor III (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 23, 2017
For the most part I enjoyed this job, it was, at times, satisfying to be able to help clients work through life conflicts. The management was always wiling to help new employees and build up confidence as well as clinical authority. I learned so much at Horizons, I was able to apply the skills and interventions I learned in college, as well as I learned how this type of work can affect the worker in the field. The most enjoyable part was helping others work through situations. The hardest part was only being able to help the clients so much and seeing them fall.
Pros
case conference
Cons
lots of work to be done, not always enough time
Lack of supprt
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 12, 2017
What it comes down to is there is no support. You will have paper work until the end of time with no support. When you have a personal crisis they will ask you to leave the job instead of offer options or provide support. They lack compassion for their employees and really see everyone as replaceable. They overhire and prepare to replace which in result provides you with feeling little value. In the job they care more about seeing as many clients as possible to make money versus counselors taking time to make documentation right or process a session. In result aiding in burn out. This is the job you will usually have to skip lunch (which isn't paid for), come in early and leave work with no compensation for it.
Pros
Room for improvement, fair starting salary
Cons
No support, work overload, little time off, no sick days, little holidays
Was not happy
Property Specialist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 1, 2017
Found the job to be very easy at frst. Then the office claws and politics came out. The staff was very demanding and the management had no back bone nor could stay focused on one task at hand.
Amazing team, poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 23, 2017
Wonderful place to work if you enjoy making a direct impact on clients, even as support staff. Never dull, always extremely busy, and an amazing team environment within the clinic. Unfortunately, upper management does not truly recognize or value the importance of staff members, their skills, and their connections with the clients. Degrees are required but not paid for. Salary is low with little room for advancement or raise.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, ability to help others
Cons
Low salary, stressful environment, high workload and unreasonable expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight