Horizon Health Employee Reviews

Great work environment/Rewarding job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, MNJune 12, 2018
This job is great for those looking for a rewarding line of work. Helping people with disabilities is such a privilege and the work environment is great!
Pros
Free Meals with Individuals
Cons
No Formal Breaks
Great
Community Education Manager (Current Employee) –  Macomb, ILJune 12, 2018
Great company! I have grown a lot with Horizon. The resource they provide to their employees is superb. It is very easy to be successful with Horizon Health..
Most stimulating work of my career
Interim Program Director/ Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMay 22, 2018
Initial employment with Horizon Health offered a completely new opportunity to learn and grow with a team led by an extraordinary manager. My manager was the highest example of talent, knowledge and willingness to share that quality. My experience included compliance auditing of physical rehabilitation and psychiatric units in acute care hospitals. The role included documentation of each area of reporting and making recommendations submitted on a weekly basis.

When the company was sold, the new company had their own staff for this purpose. However, I continued to work in other positions.
Pros
Work was autonomous and involved travel to hospitals across the US
Cons
There weren't any.
Poor upper management
Management (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 16, 2018
Dysfunction, poor morale, owners are out of touch with day to day operations. No structure. Staff are unprofessional. Poor staffing. Lack of proper training.
Pros
Pretty facility
Cons
Lack of competent leadership
Very litte input from management
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marietta, OHApril 26, 2018
Is not employee-focused, poor management outside of the facility, good salary but no room for improvement, poor staffing, looks good on the outside but overall is a poor choice
Run
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 22, 2018
Run. Management has no idea how to run a unit. No support, no clear job roles. Working for a contract mamagemt company, company leaves you with no support. Managment never able to answer any questionss. If you have any kind of lkcense to protect this is not the job for you.
Pros
Money
Cons
No leadership, contract company has no idea of rules and regulations.
Community Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 25, 2018
Great place to work. Upper management was wonderful and easy to work with. This was a great start for my sales career. It allowed me to make mistakes and learn how to improve. I was able to grow in public speaking and met a lot of great contacts.
This was not a fun place to work
Employee Assistance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Each day started by having to "clock in". You never knew what to expect and the managers had formal education just phone work experience. Management was very cut throat. I learned very little.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
People as in management were very bad.
Not doing good right now, had been great in past.
LVN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Some staff are great, others not so much. Patients are great, some are very demanding, making job difficult for staff when we are VERY POORLY STAFFED at this time, has never been this bad, could be reflection of new staffing coordinator, unsure. CNAs having 10-15 patients on AM of PM shifts
Summary at Horizon
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 2, 2018
A typical day begins with Day report, collaborating with other staff members, assigning duties and patients to staff members.
Vital signs and assessments. Medication administration, assisting with Acts of daily living, assuring patients get to tests and therapies while admitted to hospital.
management is a typical "behind the scenes" environment. not many managers interact with floor staff.
Hardest part of the job is becomming a different personality for each individual, sometimes it can become challenging.
The most enjoable part of my job, is going home knowing I did the best i could to assist in care for my patients. The most rewarding is the appreciation of my patients and other staff members.
Go elsewhere
Social worker (Former Employee) –  KyJanuary 30, 2018
Do not work for this place. Management does not listen, allows unethical behavior, and make you work 50 plus hours for a 40 hour week salary. Too many backstabbed sand gossipers.
Cons
Management do not care
Not a Very Motivational Place to Work
Marketing Specialist-Contract (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 11, 2018
My job was monotonous. If you don't produce enough Sales Leads by calling their database over and over again..you're in trouble. Also, you NOT to think outside the box in order to do your job better.
Decided to leave due to these restrictions.
Pros
CoWorkers are Nice
Cons
Repetitive, Boring Place to Work
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 12, 2017
Great people & even better job security. Only thing I was not particularly fond of was no paid vacation. We had to use PTO hours for holidays, sick days, etc.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No paid vacations
Great Patients, Gained Experience, Poor Managment, Overworked
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 14, 2017
Management favored. Co-workers were drama, so beware. People wouldn't show up. So many people would quit that there were always hours to pick up which is kind of a good thing depending on how you look at it. If you have your CNA, management does all your hours and submitting for you which is nice as well.
A workplace that showed me the value of hard work.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 27, 2017
My day consisted of taking rounds of all the residents, and helping them with daily living activities like brushing their teeth, going to the bathroom, feeding them their food, and if needed to change their briefs, and shower them. I learned great people skills ,and the art of being patience while learning to multitask. I got to meet many types of people who believed in different things that I didn't. I also saw many types of ethnicities I had never encountered. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably the smile my residents gave when I finished helping them because you could see that they where very grateful for my help, and it's the reason I do my job to help them as much as I can.
Pros
paid lunch after five hours
Cons
a lot of charting on residents. Also when being short staffed you had more people to take care of.
Great Place To Work
Psych Clinical Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILOctober 14, 2017
Never the same day twice
Learn a lot from the very knowledgeable psychiatrists
Pay is fair
Nice benefits
Some slower days, but overall great place of employment
Management cares about the employees
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pierz, MNOctober 13, 2017
They provide learning experiences that make working there a better place to work.The manager I worked under was kind and caring, whenever I had a problem she would help find an appropriate solution.
Ok job residents are great co workers could use some work
Resident Caregiver (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 19, 2017
Overall good atmosphere, some of the co-workers were not to friendly. The pay is good but you do a lot of work. It is pretty much non stop flow all day. The rules do not get followed and management does not care to enforce them. A lot of false charting and they are getting paid for work that is not being done. Residents have call alerts and many staff member shut them off before even helping the resident. Workers seem like they are tired and do not like their job but are only there for the money and because they have been there for so many years.
Pros
Getting to eat with residents
Cons
you never get your full breaks because you are steadily busy
Welcoming and productive workplace
LVN Float, Part-Time Employment (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 17, 2017
Horizon Healthcare and Sub-acute is a great place to work. I gained a lot of nursing experience here through the day to day aspects of my job. This being my first and fast pace job as an LVN has taught me how to prioritize my time efficiently. The welcoming environment makes it easy to thrive in this facility.
Social Worker
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 5, 2017
This is a consultant company that has no clue how to run a behavioral health unit. Poor management and a hostile working environment. The hospital they consulted for is just as bad as they are.
Pros
The patients and some of my co- workers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Health. Our community is ready to answer.