Horizon Home Care Employee Reviews

Very disorganized
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Pine Knot, KYMay 3, 2018
The company was very disorganized. They didn't provide any training and then after I started they started sending me people to train. It didn't make much sense to me because I never received any formal training, myself. I had to figure out where the client's homes were on my own. Some of the time Google would give me wrong directions. I would call the client to get directions which was hard because the clients are elderly and they don't understand what you are saying because they are hard of hearing. If I was still lost, I would call my supervisor and she had no idea where I was going because they are not from the area and had never been to their house. You have to clock in via phone and sometimes the places that you go to have little to no reception. Was told to use the client's phone.. but some of them didn't have phones. You are given a task list to complete and half of the tasks are not wanted by the client. I would try to perform the task and they refused. I would put it on the paperwork but still got in trouble for not completing the task. If the person doesn't want me to do their laundry and they can do it, I respected their wishes and got in trouble for it.
Not What You Would Expect From An Agency
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 17, 2018
I would never recommend this job to anyone, because nobody deserves to work as hard as i did, & not get paid for it. Rating: ZERO STARS! If you dont want to be disappointed stay away. Unfair Working Place
Cons
Owner/Manager Need to be alot more responsible to what belong to others.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 15, 2017
I worked for this agency to give direct care to my parents. This is a wonderful place to work for. Very caring and helpful management. The training is spectacular.
Love to help people
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYNovember 6, 2017
I just love helping people they can't do. I help then clean, pick stuff they can't, or they need some company so I like to talk. I'm a out going person. I like shifting much so I have to keep going
horizon
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Coolidge, AZSeptember 18, 2017
The only thing I didn't like was driving far I had to go to Coolidge, Eloy, Casa Grande, Silver bell, Maricopa, Stanfield, Arizona City.....
And at some places I was expected to clean up for whole family when in reality I was only to do for patient alone.
Pros
Most people were awesome, and boy they had stories to tell especially the 100 plus elderly.
Cons
Driving, and being obligated to clean or cook for whole family.
Great work environment and great staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at horizon home care. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Great pay and support. We were like family, helping each other out, and making sure everythings in order.
Pros
Good support, Great Pay
Cons
No other benefits, Usually have to pay for own food
Data Entry
Data Entry/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 31, 2017
Daily entry of skilled nursing notes from the day previous, updating charts an daily basis. Communication with all nursing staff and home health caregivers not limited to patients PCP with changes either to medications or visits.
Pros
Casual Business Attire
Cons
Company closed after failure to secure state contract with Medicaid.
Great Place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 25, 2017
Great & appreciative Manager. Employees are well compensated. Management invested in employee training and diversity of employees. very supportive work environment
Withholding comments
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJuly 20, 2017
Home Care Agency, small, locally owned by two Registered nurses. High nursing turnover. Unable to secure CNA's in Citrus County. Low patient census in Citrus County.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Office culture challenging
Flexible and fun work environment
Living Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clifton Springs, NYJune 13, 2017
I enjoy the diverse clientele this company serves along with the flexibility and hours. I also enjoy helping people maintain everyday lives within their homes.
ok company
Director of the PCO Program (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NM 87401December 22, 2016
The job itself was great, but a little more than just a one person job; therefore overwhelming at times. Felt a bit like management was poor at times on how they treated the employees and the workload assigned.
A great place to work
Scheduling Manager/ Administrative Assistant/ CNA (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2016
Meeting new and old people. A lot of things to do for staff and residents. great benefits. Very nice staff. great activities, always something going on and happening for everyone.
Very caring manager
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2015
The manager was nice and the pay was good it was just the hours that I did not like. Sometimes it got so bad that she put you on call and only called when needed.
Pros
Nice pot lucks
Cons
Bad hours
Very good company to work for. Flexible and caring supervisors
Care provider (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2015
Provided care for eldery & disabled clients. I liked helping people. A typical day at work usually included preparing a meal, light housekeeping, maybe running an errand.
Pros
Get to meet and help people
great place to work, great clients
home health aide (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCApril 11, 2015
There was no typical day. It was a Prn job, some days I would be required to go to clients homes, other days to a nursing facility. As far as learning anything new I did not as I had done it all before. Management changed 3 times in my short time with them, which made it hard to have a good solid relationship. Co-workers were caring, helpful individuals. Hardest part of job was getting work. Most enjoyable part was caring for the elderly clients, listening to their stories of days gone by.
Pros
caring for the clients
Cons
lack of hours
Loved this job.
System Administrator/Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntington Woods, MIApril 4, 2015
Started as typist, worked way "up the ladder". Enjoyed working with clerical, administrative, and managerial staff. Enjoyed challenges of new assignments.
Pros
Great advancement opportunity.
Cons
Company is closed.
What Ive Learned
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDDecember 4, 2014
You have to have plenty of patients with these patients cause there being patient with you but some does not . You have to know to go in there and have a good day on purpose
horizon home care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCDecember 6, 2012
this a good place of business. the staff is very understanding and caring. they really dont communicate with their patients so they really dont know them. there is no room for advancement and you get your annual evaluation but the company has no money in the budget to give raises so they say
i like working there
care aid (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee,WIMarch 10, 2012
there are some good people to work with and give good hours a very