Horizon Solar Power

• Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good exercise

Door to door is tough. Gotta have the right attitude. You have to work on hot days, rainy days. They don’t care at all about bathroom breaks. Managers are mean and uncaring.

The pay was terrible. Management lied a lot about the work load and they kept changing the pay scale. The pay for milage was not enough for the distance that we had to drive.

Was not a good company to work for because of the management.

Not a good company to work for. The management isn’t good. Some of the employees aren’t good either. The company has bad eithics. Also they were not giving the gift cards to people that had been promised.

Team Atmosphere

Company went through a restructuring during my employment and had many leadership changes. Overall a good place to work, supportive manager and great co-workers.

Really enjoy what i do at Horizon Solar Power

Seeking better opportunities than here at Horizon Solar Power. Really enjoy what I do here at Horizon Solar Power. I work with great individuals here.

Pros

Every day work

Cons

Possibly better pay and advancement

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

They played favoritism since most of them all wentvto school together.

The only good thing working there was the fact that I learned how the solar panels scheme works and can't be scammed by them. Some of the managers there where more interested in getting laid by girls st work then supervising.

Poor management

This company has no respect for the people they hire the have favoritism and lack in leadership skills. This is the worst company ive ever worked for in all my 20 yrs of working

Horizon Solar Power

I had a hard time working at Horizon Solar Power. This company expects a lot for how much you are being compensated. I usually chalked that up to this being my first job in the Solar industry, however there isn't much of a training plan in most departments (I've been in multiple) so, I found myself learning new skills in my freetime in order to keep my job, which was stressful at times. I would also say, at the time of my employment (I was employed with this company for 2 years) management was hardly present and verbally kept themselves at a distance (unless addressing the company as an entirety.)

It was a great company to work for.

I think the leadership should had been stronger at HSP. I'm very old fashion with my management skills. I did not have to micro manage because my employees worked hard. We had department not work so hard or did not get done at all. I had to go to upper leadership to get done but nothing would never happen. HSP just let people get away with alot when it can toworking.

Pros

Did not have strong management

Cons

Did not have strong enough leadership.

Moderate experience

I really enjoyed the environment and attitude of my supervisors and coworkers. However it is a pure commission based position with no compensation for hours worked. They also changed contracts with us multiple times after we started working, with no union or other form of representation it felt like I was being taken advantage of.

Great work environment

Great place to work. Flexible. Working remote when needed to have an over all work and family balance as long as goals and production meets or exceeds the company standards.

Great

Loved working for this company that provides opportunity to succeed and be promoted within the company. They were generous with pay and benefits to all employees.

Laid Off

I was laid off in July 2016, I really wished I was relocated to a different location or position. I worked with the company since it was a mom and pop shop. I felt I was dismissed and not cared about.

Long walks in the heat

I started out door to door and it was not the best, telemarketing was much better, pay was alright but no benefits that I remember having. Training was lackluster

Good

Great company to work for very nice people very organized company good management great ethics great call center to work in solar solar solar company

Loved my manager and company staff. Great pay. Great flexibility for schedule. Loved the companies integrity and knowledge about helping homeowners to save alot of money. Also great source of sustainability!

Pros

Great environment

They take short cuts

They break the law and don't do good quality work, I loved working the e at first then as time went to on it got worse and worse, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else

Poor planning

When I started with this company I was told that the department was expanding and I was going to be moving to a new location. There was supposed to be all types of promotions and none of that actually happened.

Productive and Fun place to work at.

I truly enjoyed working at Horizon Solar Power as a Field Marketing Associate. Horizon Solar Power promotes strong and rewarding workplace culture, where anyone can come and learn and hone great working experience.

demanding

I was responsible for accurately picking necessary parts and hardware for specific jobs day before or day of scheduled jobs. Safely drive forklifts to load 24ft box trucks with palletized and shrink wrapped orders. Drive orders to remote company warehouses for scheduled jobs and pick up to return to my control station and start again with the same tasks. All the while maintaining clean work areas throughout property and warehouse. This was done sometimes in the rain.

How do they get away with this

How do they get away with this? What they are doing is against the law they ask you to pay for everything that you need in order to work. Which is no big deal but it’s not legal and it would be no big deal if they paid you for what you did. But they lie and change things. It’s intense What they can take from people with no repercussion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Solar Power. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Horizon Solar Power with

• Horizon Solar Power
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?