Horizon Solar Power
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Horizon Solar Power Employee Reviews

United States141 reviews
Seeking better opportunities than here at Horizon Solar Power. Really enjoy what I do here at Horizon Solar Power. I work with great individuals here.
Pros
Every day work
Cons
Possibly better pay and advancement
The only good thing working there was the fact that I learned how the solar panels scheme works and can't be scammed by them. Some of the managers there where more interested in getting laid by girls st work then supervising.
This company has no respect for the people they hire the have favoritism and lack in leadership skills. This is the worst company ive ever worked for in all my 20 yrs of working
I had a hard time working at Horizon Solar Power. This company expects a lot for how much you are being compensated. I usually chalked that up to this being my first job in the Solar industry, however there isn't much of a training plan in most departments (I've been in multiple) so, I found myself learning new skills in my freetime in order to keep my job, which was stressful at times. I would also say, at the time of my employment (I was employed with this company for 2 years) management was hardly present and verbally kept themselves at a distance (unless addressing the company as an entirety.)
I think the leadership should had been stronger at HSP. I'm very old fashion with my management skills. I did not have to micro manage because my employees worked hard. We had department not work so hard or did not get done at all. I had to go to upper leadership to get done but nothing would never happen. HSP just let people get away with alot when it can toworking.
Pros
Did not have strong management
Cons
Did not have strong enough leadership.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I really enjoyed the environment and attitude of my supervisors and coworkers. However it is a pure commission based position with no compensation for hours worked. They also changed contracts with us multiple times after we started working, with no union or other form of representation it felt like I was being taken advantage of.
Great place to work. Flexible. Working remote when needed to have an over all work and family balance as long as goals and production meets or exceeds the company standards.
Loved working for this company that provides opportunity to succeed and be promoted within the company. They were generous with pay and benefits to all employees.
I was laid off in July 2016, I really wished I was relocated to a different location or position. I worked with the company since it was a mom and pop shop. I felt I was dismissed and not cared about.
I started out door to door and it was not the best, telemarketing was much better, pay was alright but no benefits that I remember having. Training was lackluster
Great company to work for very nice people very organized company good management great ethics great call center to work in solar solar solar company
Loved my manager and company staff. Great pay. Great flexibility for schedule. Loved the companies integrity and knowledge about helping homeowners to save alot of money. Also great source of sustainability!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
They break the law and don't do good quality work, I loved working the e at first then as time went to on it got worse and worse, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else
When I started with this company I was told that the department was expanding and I was going to be moving to a new location. There was supposed to be all types of promotions and none of that actually happened.
I truly enjoyed working at Horizon Solar Power as a Field Marketing Associate. Horizon Solar Power promotes strong and rewarding workplace culture, where anyone can come and learn and hone great working experience.
I was responsible for accurately picking necessary parts and hardware for specific jobs day before or day of scheduled jobs. Safely drive forklifts to load 24ft box trucks with palletized and shrink wrapped orders. Drive orders to remote company warehouses for scheduled jobs and pick up to return to my control station and start again with the same tasks. All the while maintaining clean work areas throughout property and warehouse. This was done sometimes in the rain.
How do they get away with this? What they are doing is against the law they ask you to pay for everything that you need in order to work. Which is no big deal but it’s not legal and it would be no big deal if they paid you for what you did. But they lie and change things. It’s intense What they can take from people with no repercussion
If you need quick work the hiring process is pretty easy, but it is a sales job so they will expect you to produce numbers no matter how much they try to make it seem like it's not a big deal. The environment is laid back and easy going but the work itself requires heavy amounts of walking in the California sun and dealing with irate homeowners because it is door to door sales. Overall it is good for short term employment until you find something better unless sales and walking is your thing.
Dont work as a canvasser. They take your leads then dont give you credit for them. Employees are constantly being replaced. Employee of the month then fired.
Loved my experience. Had some great leaders and learned alot from those leaders. Management and ownership changed hands alot. Seemed to have no room for my career to grow
This Company is in need of quality Management and training .
There were serious communication issues between Field Rep's and Company regarding confirmation of appointments set by Field Rep's.

There was poor selection of Management who exhibited inexperience.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, lack of communication
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Solar Power. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9