Horizon Solar Power Management reviews

Professional and fun work environment
Warehouse Operations/Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 7, 2019
Daily would be very work oriented and would base around the tasks at hand.
Management would constantly be at your disposal if needed and requested.
HoSoPo has taught their employees on well roundness of the solar materials needed for positions and striving for bigger opportunities within the industry.
Wonderful place to work
Junior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 7, 2019
This company provides the opportunity to move up and make the best work experience for your self. Fun environment and wonderful management. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pretty hard on saftey
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 6, 2018
This company is pretty stressful to work at not because they dont pay enough. They pay pretty good but they are out to get there employees. I guess that just get a kick out of hiring and firing.
Terrible Company Overall
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CANovember 19, 2018
Poor management. The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. Little, if any, employee development. Turnover is very high. People are always stressed. Quality people leave quickly. They have a decent model but it is not executed well. Tons of unhappy customers. Benefits were not great. They offered a small 401k match but then rescinded the match almost immediately. Operations facilities were not up to expected standards.
Pros
Plenty of hours if you like to work a lot
Cons
low pay, bad culture, poor management, high attrition, high stress
Unbelievably Awful
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermit, CAOctober 1, 2018
Horizon Solar is the least professional company I have ever had the misfortune of knowing. They put on the image of a professional company. After the third day you see its all an act. There is an alleged management structure, laterals give orders to other laterals. The director of the call center rules by fear and intimidation behind an excessively plastic smile. They are constantly terminating the bottom 15% of their staff. So the people live from week to week wondering if they 'made it'. Coaching, development, career path opportunities, are all wonderful words at Horizon Solar. But fall out of favor with one of the call center 'managers' and you're on the bricks. I would not send my most avowed enemy to work here. I have never heard the 'F-Bomb' dropped by so many people so often. That included the mangers, supervisors and the director as well. The Human resources department is afraid of the staff. They believe if they conducted sexual harassment training, then the staff members would realize how easy it would be to sue Horizon. So they don't talk about it, and allow, completely inappropriate behavior. The complainers are 'fired' for another reason. When this company comes before you, run to the nearest exit.
Pros
Some nice people there
Cons
They are a mom and pop organization pretending to be professional.
Good
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 31, 2018
I have enjoyed my time working at Horizon Solar Power. The work day is usually very busy, and It is hard work. However, I enjoy it. Additionally, management has been good to me.
Great
Lead generator (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 15, 2018
Wish I could go back and work there! but I strongly recommend it, they train alot!! and they are great people, value every single one of the employees
excellent company to work for
Home Base Junior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 7, 2018
great company to work for.they promote from within.nice work environment and everyone treat each other like a family.Good support from management and a fun place to work at.
Not an organized company
Roof lead (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 25, 2018
The worst company to work for. Never do what they say they are going to do. Poor management and leaders. Never anyone available when issues arise. Worst company to work for and such a waste of time. If i could have given no stars i would.
Good Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMay 10, 2018
Overall Horizon was a great place to work. It had a few issues but every company will. My typical day at work was pretty busy. I spoke with many electrical companies and input data. I followed up on results for meter spots and made sure everything was ready to go in order to complete jobs. Management was ok. My only complaint is that you are taken advantage of a little bit but it's nothing someone can't work through. The employees were great. Yes, on occasion there were the few people that would have their disagreements but that is going to happen anywhere seeing as we are all human with different opinions but over all I was very happy to go to work and see my co workers. They were all very nice and smiley and willing to actually talk to you and work through complications with you. The hardest part of my job was getting responses from outside companies that we would work with because if they would be slow to respond then that in turn slowed down the progression of a project we were trying to finish.
poor mgmt and looks after company and not its employees
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAMarch 25, 2018
horrible place to work. they had charges against them with the EEOC. The job itself is daunting due to shortage of proper staffing needs. The crew I worked with were great but the manager was incompetent and unfair.
Best Solar Company to work for
SENIOR SALES AND ENERGY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 21, 2018
From Management to Operations, I was very pleased with Horizon Solar Power. I had no experience selling Solar and the Director of Sales (at the time) took me under his wing and taught me from A-Z on how to show benefit to the homeowner and help me become a better Salesman
Stressful place to work.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Stressful place to work always had issues with installs. It was up to the crew leads when upper management didn't do their job. Alot of times had to run to CED because of material shortage.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Non organized stressful
Poor Place to work
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAFebruary 12, 2018
If you are an installer, inspector or any one under the corporate level you are over worked and underpaid. The men and women above you make around 100k plus and you barley break 60k. The lack of support and knowledge is going down hill when it comes to the management.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
everything else.
Horrible Employer and Solar Company
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I worked as an "appointment setter" or telemarketer for this solar company and in the process became a customer of theirs. While its nice saving the planet by using the sun to generate power and knowing exactly what it will cost every month is amazing. However, the invert-er, the main component for keeping track of solar power generated and used is known for failing just after 2 years of service. The company then does nothing for months to fix it and by the time it running properly again you owe Edison thousands instead of Edison owing you for feeding energy back into the grid. Needless to say the work environment was despicable with a favoritism atmosphere and bosses who could careless about you staying employed to feed your family. Its a business about numbers and is not something I personally would do again.
Pros
Paycheck and a Job
Cons
Everything from management to business services. Boring too.
No Stability
Sr. Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Redlands, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Not a career based company. Has no problem getting rid of a position and having you start from the bottom in a different department no matter how many years of being successful in management or upper management.
Pros
Decent bonuses
Cons
Everything else
Great workplace, great management, fun environment, NO job security
Solar Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 28, 2017
Great workplace, great management, fun environment, NO job security.... great job to work if you really try hard... workin as a solar advisor, you have to be really good in sales, tough yet extremely customer friendly.
Pros
Fun co workers, pay plus commission
Cons
Short breaks, no job security
Stay Away you will be wasting your time
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 8, 2017
This company does whatever they can do to get the install whether it has been permitted by the city or not. Managment sucks they have a high turn over rate. When I worked they're there was 6 warehouse managers within a 1 1/2 time of working there. They neglected to promote me when I had to train my manager several times
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
Managment, work ethics of the company
Extremely poor management
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAOctober 21, 2017
If you are a friend of upper management or family then this is the place for you. Every single supervisor or manager on the Operation side is very inept, they have no business being a supervisor or manager, just because its in your title doesn't actually make you one. All of them repeatedly lie to you, pay raises don't exist, even though you are promised, bonus's promised several times never receive them. Here are some examples, one was a security guard at a casino, never had any construction or solar experience, they made him a manager. One employee flat out refused to go on the roof to do inspections, said no one can make him, they made him a manager. honestly the management and supervisors here are a joke.
Pros
I get to go home at the end of my day
Cons
Management and Supervisors
Disorganized
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAAugust 1, 2017
Disorganized, misleading, cut-throat and unmotivated.

Missed hundreds of dollars each pay check, both hours and commission. Call center cancels appointments made by canvassers only to list the app. under their name to gain the commission. Most managers are rude and uncaring. Bathroom breaks and water are frowned upon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizon Solar Power. Our community is ready to answer.