Horizontal Well Drillers, LLC

Working at Horizontal Well Drillers, LLC: 34 Reviews

United States34 reviews

paydaygoodcompanytimemanagementworkjob

Good Place to work

A good place to work. family oriented. Keeps you busy and never stacked out for very long, Decent management. My rig was rig of the month 3 months in a row.

its what you expect

management is a bunch of snakes that have their position from knowing people. Definitely not the most competent bunch. Some great pushers and supers mixed in with people that have no business running a rig.

Pros

money and the rotation

Cons

Its pretty much everything besides the work, If youve done it before its just a another day at the office.

Horizontal Well Drillers, LLC insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Good

Buen aprendizaje . Certificaciones acorde a los reglamentos del gobierno

The people you work with are great but,the pay sucks and the rig management sucks.

I never have the proper tools or parts to really operating the job. This company is broken and sold out because of not taking care of there business as a company the employers don’t know how to run a job.

good place to work

good place to work I like the people that I worked with they have a very good sop program very good JSA program hardest part of the job was rigging up and down

Very good

Okay ,company is a good place to work. Have opportunity to advance up the ladder of success. The staff seems to be hands on with their field work. I enjoy working with them

My days as a hot shot driver.

My days usually stated at 7am. There were sometimes they could start as early as 4 am. On a day to day basis I could start my day in the yard moving, cleaning and painting equipment or it could start on the road. This could mean a local haul or I could be gone for days at a time. Each day was different so you never knew what you were gonna get. Being prepared for anything was always the best was.

Sorry management

If they don't like you they will find a way to get rid of you. They said after I left that they got rid of all the trash hands. They are 2 faced the manager is a sorry person.

The worst drilling company to work for. They do not care about their employees.

Horizontal Well Drillers is the worst company to work for. They do NOT take care of their employees and create a stressful work environment and will cut your pay if sent to the yard to work

Same ol boys culture.

Worked there for 4 years and while they do have good equipment, and good pay, the work culture is awful. The Management, Tool Pushers, and Drillers are still stuck in the 80's oilfield work culture. Newer Top-Drive drilling rigs w/ pipehandlers and no catwalk; yet the mindset is still from the "good ol' days". Appreciation for hardwork is nonexistent unless you're their "buddy".

Bad place to work

Management didn't have a clue what they are doing and they do not care about any employees that work there. The turn around rate is threw the roof. When you get hired on they tell you what you want to here and don't follow threw at all and the owner will holler and cuss you out for absolutely nothing you have done wrong. Verry shallow person.

Professional Challenge for any career

Fully thrived to work here, lots of challenge that come with small-medium organization where you can develop yourself to accomplish goals. Must be self motivated to keep you moving thru the organization.

Negative workplace

Very negative place to work. I revived rig of the month awards highest rating by all operators and got talked to like a dog. Very micro managed the job would be awesome if there wasn’t so much negativity.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Negative environment, discrimination, no sleep, can not do enough to please

Allways on the go

Very little rest all ways on call runs illeagley to dot spec and a surprise osha inspection they would fail in all departments and cheep tools and warn equipment

Pros

Good for a single person and good insurance benefits

Cons

No time for family, or to use the health insurance, and very little rest, sometimes no days off for weeks at a time and, low wages

Old equipment. Slow paced. Low experianced supervising

Very old half way dangerous equipment. Poorly set up rig locations very cramped and in unorganized. A lot of time and issues they had could of been avoided if they had better organization and communication.

Pros

Good gloves and free work laundry

Cons

Poor safty

High passed rigs

A smaller company that is driven to push their little rigs and crews. They have equipment designed to reduce exposure to injury. The down side is that it also requires more maintenance and down time

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Lots of work away from hom

Productive place of employment

horizontal well drillers was an exciting and fun place to work very safe under the rules and guidelines the management was remarkable the job security was planned every day or the job placement

Decent Place to work

Decent place to work besides them being almost 300 million dollars in the hole, You also have atleast 5 people telling you what to do at all times of the day, so you never really get anything completed.

A great plave to work

it was a great place to work. It was fast paced and work was hard but well worth it. I really enjoyed my job and moved up fast. I was woeking motors and was about to go to derricks but then we ran out of work.

Pros

good work and paid well

Cons

Great people to work for

I have been with HWD since 2013. I thoroughly enjoy everything & everyone I work with. They are flexible if you need a day off for appts, however they let you know in advance when it’s going to be a busy period as well.

Pros

Management are great people.

Cons

Haven’t received a raise since I started.

Super Singles ONLY

the company was okay. Pay was pretty competitive compared to other drilling companies. Lower standards of hiring so there was a lot of trash there. And subsequently there was high turnover.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

High turnover, and a lot of worms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Horizontal Well Drillers, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Horizontal Well Drillers, LLC in popular locations

Horizontal Well Drillers, LLC reviews by popular job title

• Horizontal Well Drillers, LLC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?