Hornbachers Employee Reviews

Poor
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 17, 2019
I worked in a hostile environment in the bakery. I missed 2 days of work because of it. They told me that I had quit. Whatever. after finding out what I had to endure, they did nothing to the individual causing hostile harrassment. Treated differently then the guys are.
Hornbachers was a fun organization, with advancement to move up
caribou manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 25, 2019
I enjoyed working with my staff. Fun workplace. Everyone willing to help each department in a timely matter.great benefits and advancements.my staff helps me everyday in each task that needs to be done.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Really great managers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDJune 20, 2019
Love how vibrant and ready to work the managers are. They always strive to make the store and the customers experience better! Sometimes it can be inconsistent, but with any job you have barriers.
Great place to work!
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJune 5, 2019
Coworkers are friendly - environment is personal, clean, professional, and fun. I felt SUCH a mutual respect from my cohorts (more-so than I have in any other job), and I genuinely enjoyed the work and my customers.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
working with dangerous machinery -- I cut my finger on the slicer once.
productive fun workplace with fun people
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 13, 2019
This job was a good job for a kid in school. It was a pretty fun place to work. For the most part the management was good and the people who I worked with were fun to be around.
Pros
good pay, decent hours
Cons
management, hours
ok
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 19, 2019
Its an ok place to work, management sucks though however. they often give you the run around and make scheduling more difficult than needed. Co workers though are often great.
Good place to work but really needed management to listen
Baker/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNApril 18, 2019
Good place to work. Would like a higher salary for job worked and done well. My Bakery manager was well versed in our area and higher management for whatever reason didn't give her the promottion that I felt she deserved.
good place to work
Store Stocker /Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 24, 2019
enjoyed working with customers on daily bases
great work atmosphere
opportunity to learn more
fun working environment
respectful workplace culture
Great
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 26, 2018
Hornbachers is a wonderful place to work. Quick paced and full of great people. I would have continued to work there for a years but unfortunately the store I worked for closed.
Pros
Flexible hours, attentive management
Don't even bother
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 20, 2018
If you're looking for a place to get screwed over by being honest and truthful to management no matter how long you've been there you are looking at the wrong place. Upper management doesn't give a **** about you or what you have to say. Don't notice you until you do something bad and not praise you for the good things. No place for advancement as they are fixed on certain people to run their departments even when they aren't the right people.
Pros
Coworkers, environment
Cons
No advancement, upper management, pay
Making Shopping Easy
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDDecember 5, 2018
This place offered me a place of sanity at some points. They were very flexible with my theatrical schedule, and made sure that everything was in check.
Liked coworkers
Butcher (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDNovember 27, 2018
Extremely friendly atmosphere. Good long term job. Liked getting to know the people there. Good benifits. Liked the work environment. Over all a good place to work.
Very wonderful environment to work in
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNOctober 2, 2018
I highly recommend working here to anyone and everyone I know. The supervisors were always positive and uplifting and really helped you in your career path.
The store that I worked for was filled with awesome people who were all very proud to work for Hornbachers.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 20, 2018
I loved working for Hornbachers because the whole team was friendly & supportive. I was living in a halfway house when I got hired & I do have a criminal background. The store gave me a chance & always treated me with respect.
Fun and easy place to work
CREW (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNAugust 19, 2018
Hornbacher's is a great place to work whether it's your first job or your 20th. The job is easy because it's mostly customer service, and you're provided with training. Working in a grocery store was fun, because while the departments are separated (deli, bakery, etc.), we were still one big family. The hardest part of the job, was probably just keeping up with demands during busy seasons (Christmas, graduation season, etc.). You also can receive health benefits as a part-time employee, which was great for when I was working while going to college.
Pros
Pto, Health Insurance
Enjoyed the people i worked with, fairly laid-back environment
Online shopper (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDAugust 11, 2018
The year i spent at hornbachers wasn't bad at all, except that my department was dissolved at the end. I was largely uninterfered with for my job. However. the few times that upper management visited our store, they seemed very out of touch.
Pros
Enjoyable environment, laid-back
Cons
Upper management is out of touch
Good job for flexible hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNAugust 6, 2018
Hornbacher's is a good company for those who prefer flexible hours considering they are usually able to schedule you only when you are available to work.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
Poor management, hard to move up in status
Deli Clerk
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 13, 2018
The work is hard and never-ending. Prepare to leave being sore every night. Morning shifts are easier but are 99 percent of the time taken be managers who refuse to switch. They start at 6am but most other employees tend to work nights 11:30am to 8pm but hours change throughout the year. Occasionally an employee will work a mid shift but rarely. Managers make the schedule for themselves to get the hours they want and then choose yours next without regard to your availability. The GM tends to make decisions based on customer needs rather than employee needs and has extremely high expectations. Most of the time you speak with no-one but people from the deli department. You will learn how to multitask very quickly.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Management is poor, hard work, lots of stress put on you from management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 13, 2018
As well as working there I also shopped there it was a great super center. The Managgment was super to work with. Always would help for everything. They made the job great!
Great Co-workers, Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMay 20, 2018
The work was very fun and the co-workers very pleasant. Lack of communication between upper management led to confusion, arguments, drama, excess product that goes to waste. No room to grow as they hire limited number of full time employees.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication among manager, toxic work enviorment