Hornbachers Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Great place to work!
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJune 5, 2019
Coworkers are friendly - environment is personal, clean, professional, and fun. I felt SUCH a mutual respect from my cohorts (more-so than I have in any other job), and I genuinely enjoyed the work and my customers.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
working with dangerous machinery -- I cut my finger on the slicer once.
The store that I worked for was filled with awesome people who were all very proud to work for Hornbachers.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 20, 2018
I loved working for Hornbachers because the whole team was friendly & supportive. I was living in a halfway house when I got hired & I do have a criminal background. The store gave me a chance & always treated me with respect.
Deli Clerk
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 13, 2018
The work is hard and never-ending. Prepare to leave being sore every night. Morning shifts are easier but are 99 percent of the time taken be managers who refuse to switch. They start at 6am but most other employees tend to work nights 11:30am to 8pm but hours change throughout the year. Occasionally an employee will work a mid shift but rarely. Managers make the schedule for themselves to get the hours they want and then choose yours next without regard to your availability. The GM tends to make decisions based on customer needs rather than employee needs and has extremely high expectations. Most of the time you speak with no-one but people from the deli department. You will learn how to multitask very quickly.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Management is poor, hard work, lots of stress put on you from management
Awesome environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MnJuly 18, 2014
I learned a lot from this position. I learned to be more outgoing and accepting of people. I learned how to make decisions under pressure and go with my judgement at times. I also learned simple stuff like cooking large meals, making salads, and slicing meats and cheeses. I had a lot of fun working here and laughed all the time. I got along with management and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job would have to be washing dishes because of the soap, otherwise I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Wonderful management and employees
Cons
Some drama