Hoselton Auto Mall Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible, don’t waste your time
Back office (Current Employee) –  East Rochester, NYJuly 23, 2018
They lie to you about hours and use and abuse you. They break basic NYS laws and are just plain unethical. The only thing they care about is their commissions. Ooze that slithers under the door is better than this place!
Cons
Hours, unethical treatment
Horrible and Unfair
Cashier/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  East Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2018
The core values in which they believe in are fantastic, only if their managment team would follow. Poor managementl the pay is too little and the hours are unfair. They don't compensate fairly at all and lots of unfair decsisions are made. They only take care of their salesreps. They have a high turnover rate and I can see why.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unair pay, poor management
Monotonous job
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYOctober 10, 2017
Calling people on the phone to gauge their satisfaction. Calling people about vehicle recalls and setting appointments for services. Small group of 6 individuals in the center.
relaxed family oriented friendly
cashier receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work I get in at 7:30 and count the cash drawer. clean the waiting room and organize any left over filing from the past day. through out the day I cash out customers through several systems using cash check or credit. I answer the phone for all three dealerships and disperse the calls. I hand out the paperwork for deals. distribute mail around the dealership

I have learned the importance of customer service and the value of giving the customer the best experience possible. I have learned to multi task and organize for the best efficacy
Pros
perfect work schedule
Cons
pay is too low. No room for growth.
productive
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  E Rochester, NYDecember 1, 2016
Arrive at work early mornings to prepare the delivered stock order for the day and receipt parts in and complete process for back order parts. Credit invoices. Stock checks. Assist drivers. Bill out invoices.
Unbalanced workload and many expactations
Valet (Former Employee) –  Fairport, NYMay 13, 2016
Hoselton Auto Mall was an employer of mine for a short while. After being hired as a valet I quickly realized that I was being taken advantage of. After getting hired for the valet position I found out that management expected me to go far beyond just that job. After going far beyond what was the initial offering I found that other employees weren't getting in trouble just sitting around.
Pros
Cons
many
17 acre dealership, loads of responsibility
Car Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Rochester, NYJanuary 28, 2016
Doing the dirty work nobody wants to be bothered with. Work harder to keep up with daily chores. 0 recognition from the higher ups. Daily chores include: processing trade-ins, moving trades from lot to lot.. miles away, dealing with auction drivers picking up used trades, standing in on mechanic work, I was also the web photographer so i had daily lists of vehicles to shoot pics of and upload those to web sites. All this on TOP of maintaining some 100+ car used car lot. I had about 5 bosses of varying titles and hierarchy, all pulling their own ways, and reprimanding failure. The people i worked with, i had much respect for. My first and only boss i respected was right there getting dirty, working tons harder than you, losing hair , going gray. I was there 3 years and all said an done, it was a fast paced crazy good experience i wouldn't trade for anything.
Pros
respected co-workers
Cons
bratty boys club management
i like sales
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  east rochesterNovember 6, 2014
car sales managment is a kin of the devil. the things they asked me to do i was not comfortable with
Pros
working with people
Cons
really bad managment
Good Car Dealer.
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  East Rochester, NYAugust 11, 2014
Good car dealer. Some departments are unprofessional and not run very well.
The Management was great!
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 19, 2013
Just wonderful! The people employed there are nice, friendly and caring (that comes from HR Dept) and Drew Hoselton (owner) ensured there employee incentives and activities and ways to be involved in the community that kept us doing things together, interacting and getting to know one another making it feel like family.
The hardest part of the job were unhappy customers but the staff took care of them and made good on anything that may have went wrong in service.
Pros
Monthly lunches for the whole company, cookouts, Christmas parties and giving back to community
Cons
Not really
Not a bad place to work
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Rochester, NYAugust 6, 2013
Hoselton is based on "Core Values". Respect, Integrity and Longevity. It's really a shame that they don't truly live up to supporting those core values. The dealership has been in business for over 90, starting with the Chevy store then added Toyota and Nissan to its complex. During the warmer months, they do treat employees with a free lunch once a month and the dealership does several charities in the community.
The staff in the Chevrolet location are top notch and truly act like a family. They do support each other like a team should.
Pros
Team work atmosphere in Chevrolet Store
Cons
No upper management support or accountability
Great Co-workers
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Rochester NYJuly 20, 2013
Very good company and people but not much room to advance your career.
Pros
Automotive discounts
Cons
Not much room to move up
very friendly setting.
Service Department Rep (Former Employee) –  E.Rochester, NyJune 24, 2013
A typical day at work involved a lot of jokes and laughs. Work weeks were very flexible, people were allowed time off when needed and rotations with other workers.
Highly reputable business
Toyota Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  E Rochester, NYSeptember 11, 2012
Automotive sales through internet inquiries. 30% of sales through internet leads.
Pros
excellent co workers
Cons
difficult hours
Good place to work. Seems like some management generally cares. Compensation and benefits are not the best.
Internet Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 1, 2012
Work atmosphere is relaxed with management not breathing down your neck all the time. Pay plan maxes out around $40,000 at best. Benefits are not the best. There are some retail hours so nights and Saturdays are common. Overall, not a bad place to work. Some co-workers are not the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoselton Auto Mall. Our community is ready to answer.

Hoselton Auto Mall Reviews by Location