Hosparus Employee Reviews

Rewarding work for patients and their families
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2018
Enjoyed the opportunity to help end of life patient to transition comfortably. Helping families to secure memories that maintain their loved ones dignity and comfort during their transition.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Caseload numbers and duel roles required
Good company to work for depending on work location
Hospice Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2018
My time at Hosparus in Louisville was a wonderful experience. My experience at the Indiana location was the biggest and worst mistake of my life! Poor management, unprofessional scheduler and racism was at an all time high in the office. Favoritism was common practice and lack of communication was normal. Overall Hosparus is a great place to work but the Indiana office was HORRIBLE!!
Pros
Pay/ Benefits & Work experience
Cons
Discrimination/Favoritism
Mainly for the end of life patient help them to die with digint.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 13, 2017
Many people may die alone, but hospice allows someone to be their to comfort the dying patient. A typical work day can be busy making sure the patient is comfortable as possible. Management has the best documentation in patient care. With a workplace culture that is clean, quiet, and peaceful. The enjoyable part of the job is bringing joy in his or her last days of life. Although watching them die is hard to do.
Pros
peacefulness of the job
Cons
also having to console family instead of just patient, with the start of family members death
My job work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 26, 2017
This is typically how I start my day at my current job,i create a schedule for which days I will see my patients on. Normally my schedule has at least 7-8 patients a day, I start out with my first patient with a meet and greet and explain to them what service I'm about to provide for them. My job is to observe and to monitor and report any changes. The bright side to my day is making sure my patients is sastified and has a smile on there face when I leave. The hardest part of my job is when they pass away. What I learned about my job is to treat everyone like you would like to be treated, and that is with respect.
Great
Traveling Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 9, 2017
Working for Hosparus has been the greatest opportunity of my Life.Management is excellent and understanding. Most enjoyment of my day is seeing patients/family face lite up when you provide them with the assistance they need.
Fulfill your desire to help others
Triage (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 1, 2017
Hosparus is a life changing work experience. It is very stressful and long hours but rewarding. You will never have another job where what you do makes such a big difference in others' lives.
Pros
Family work atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, lack of advancement opportunities
Caring group of people to work with
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 1, 2017
Hospice agency with the most caring, patient centered group I have ever worked with. Also concerned about employees and their welfare, morale and work.
An extremely caring and compassionate company
Team RN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 17, 2017
I didn't leave Hosparus because of the company, but rather because of scheduling conflicts. I loved the company and the many staff members I worked with. I enjoyed the multidisciplinary team approach and would recommend to anyone who is interested in end of life care. This company is truly doing the work of angels.
Maintenance Manager
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 19, 2016
Lots of responsibility and lots of recognition. I loved working for this company. The staff have a heart of gold and try their hardest to push through the heart ache on a daily basis. I met lots of great people during my coarse of employment. I really miss this place.
Pros
Great staff.
Cons
Not there any more
My Internship at Hosparus
Accounts Payable Intern (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 14, 2016
Honestly I'm so fortunate to have met the amazing people working at Hosparus. They allowed me to learn so much about how a business operates and let me blossom into a young businessman. I truly am grateful for the culture of their work environment and it made me excel in the tasks that were presented to me. My co-workers made sure that I constantly had support in whatever I was doing and they really made me feel like a part of the team. When a company has a good work environment, it makes the machine run smoother. I took away so much more than learning how to do my job, I took away experiences that will bode well for my future career.
Pros
Great work environment, Amazing support
tense workplace
Patient Care/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2015
You have to be a very very very strong, supportive, caring, patient truthful , brave person who is able to deal with all cultures and race
Pros
I have peace knowing that i have helped someone leave at peace
Cons
the discrimanation
Caring Sympathetic place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisvile, KYJuly 12, 2015
Hosparus has taught me compassion how to be patient.
I have learned how to offer a great deal of emotional and spiritual support.
Pros
Flexable
Great if you are clinical
Not clinical (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJune 5, 2015
The culture is commendable and honorable. The company and management's focus on helping patients is outstanding; however, their focus on helping their employee is weak. Little to no advancement. If you are not clinical - it feels as if you do not matter.
Most patient centered care
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, Ky 42718May 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Hosparus, I loved helping others transition from this environment to the next. I did miss the Emergency Room as I love trauma!
Pros
Family patient centered care
Cons
Palliative end of life care
Supportive Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 2, 2015
The company is great to its employees, very supportive and provides opportunities for education and furthering of ones career goals. The coworkers are independent and friendly as well as inclusive of new employees unlike some other locations.
Great Workplace
Visit Registered Nurse (RN), PRN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2014
Love working here! Management has been very understanding!
Good place to work.
Chaplain / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYJuly 22, 2014
Caseload of (up to) 80 patients. Covering an area of 16 counties. Lot of overnight travel. Also, appointed to the Policy and procedures committee. Responsible for the review and updating or writing policies for the Company. Co-workers, a joy to work with.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay, and voted Number one place to work in State of Kentucky
Volunteer events and respite care
Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2014
I became a hospice volunteer due to my passion for caregiving and helping other families and patients will terminal illnesses. I have had this experience personally in my own family and wanted to give back.
Pros
Flexible schedule, social networking and interaction.
Cons
Dealing with life loss frequently
Volunteered as a medical massage practitioner and an "11th hour" volunteer.
Volunteer and Individually Paid (Former Employee) –  Greater Louisville, KY area.April 18, 2014
I received many opportunities to provide bodywork and massage to individuals in their last few years or months of life. Some of the persons that I worked-on would schedule me weekly and referred to me as THEIR therapist! (Many of these individuals I enjoyed working on just to see their smiles and their increased activity after the session(s).)

Others were very bitter and dishonest in their reports of my visits; sadly though the organization did/does not have an effective manner of investigation.

The most difficult part of the job were dishonesty among members of the various teams.

The most rewarding experiences were when they family of the (now deceased) person would invite me to the funerals because the (now decreased) individual respected me that much!
Pros
The opportunity to volunteer my time for the benefit of others!
Cons
Very little safe-guards against false reporting, and the falsification of any therapist's session.
I enjoy my job at Hosparus
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2014
I do a variety of tasks at my current job. Maintenance of offices and building as well as ground maintenance. I enjoy doing a variety of tasks and my favorite parts are the hands on with building or small construction jobs.
Pros
day shift, Monday - Friday
Cons
Would like to do more building or construction jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hosparus. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2