Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region Employee Reviews

Former Employee
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aldersgate IPUFebruary 22, 2019
Recent employee with Hpccr at their IPU Aldersgate. The organization has changed so much since I started. The new IPU is very beautiful and the staff excellent. But behind every beautiful thing can lie evil. Their nurse manager at this IPU promotes workplace drama and would pit the staff against each other. She had her favorites and if you weren’t one of them you got the bad end of the deal. It was a lot of poor management at this facility but the staff worked together to try to overcome a lot of the drama. I left on what I thought was good terms but when I left the manager tired to railroad me and run me out the door faster. My last days were one for the books. I would refer working for hpccr but not under the current manager at the Aldersgate IPU.
Pros
Working w re adding patients and families.
Cons
No lunch, working by yourself, benefits/salary
Excellent work environment
Home Maker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2019
All staff were caring, open minded, informative, and cared about their patients. The managers were supportive and understanding. They also trained thoroughly.
Pros
Great and loving work environment
Cons
Fantastic organization, ethical and collaborative
Leader (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2018
Hyper ethical organization that values exceptional end of life care! HPCCR delivers the best care for those at the end of their life. Our organization values employees and encourages work life balance!
Great place to work!
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2018
I would highly recommend working at HPCCR. Great culture, great leadership and great benefits. I enjoying seeing how our services help patients and families each and every day. Truly rewarding!
Poor management and leadership
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  CharlotteNovember 22, 2017
Former employee at HPCCR. Culture is very fake, competitive and back stabbing. Managers/leadership do not support staff and there is no job security. There is stress and pressure to get referrals; I worked almost 50hrs per week with no overtime, appreciation or recognition for good work done. I think this was once a good company but now there are too many bad leaders, making bad decisions for the company.
Pros
Benefits/PTO
Cons
Poor leadership
Smoke screen
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Some staff are unprofessional, unfair,fake loving and caring like family logo,management and supervisor treat staff unfair upon personal liking. Working environment is stressful and intimidated. Pay is low.
Constantly changing
Various positions (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 10, 2017
Although their mission is great. They are in a state of change. Management is now more concerned about productivity and patient census. It is more about the numbers now.
Productive workplace
Hospice Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2016
The staff's desire to offer excellent end of life care to the people they serve is incredible. Walking with people during their intimate parts of their journey is an honor.
Hpccr
Weekend Night Hospice RN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 8, 2016
I am currently employed as a night on call hospice nurse. I respond to symptom management issues and other medical concerns.
Great Work Life Balance and Autonomy...it's why I originally got into Healthcare
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2016
Excellent place to work. Great work life balance and caring individuals. This organization does great work for the community and it's patient's. Workers in same department are very supportive and work together as a team, they could be a little more cooperative across organizational lines.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
low salaries
Great Organization!
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2015
Like the organizational culture. You are constantly working off the clock which will result into you feeling burnout.
Professional company with ongoing training
CNA (Former Employee) –  Davidson, NCSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day at work with Hospice included setting up a schedule with patients I was assigned to see that day by phone. I would drive to each location and spend about 1 hour with that individual. The Branch Manager at the Davidson office was an excellent Leader and Manager. My co-workers were excellent to work with as well. Most times I did work alone, but whenever I needed to have a co-worker assist me they were always available. The hardest part of the job was that after a certain period of time you have to say good-bye to this person who you have come to know and that was always hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was everyday was an opportunity to help and serve someone who was in a position of helplessness and they were always very appreciative of my assistance.
Pros
a living wage
Cons
benefits, flexiblity
Great Place to work
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCMarch 17, 2015
This is a great place to work. The patients are appreciative, management is supportive, team members are amazing. They do good work here and it gets crazy sometimes but it is manageable.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Pay could be a little better, but its a non profit so....
Good benefits,work/life balance. My team is a "team" in every sense of the word.
Certified Nursing Assistant CNA1 + 4 (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2015
I have learned how incredibly important hospice is, for both a patient and family.The end of lifet is the most intimate and vulnerable time for them. To be able to support them is humbling and it is a privilage . I like to be part of a team that supports all of it's members. The most difficult part of the job was to keep from feeling ill with all of the odors that
are encountered. My solution, breathing through my mouth. Please know that this response is not meant to be flip, just truthful.
For me the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I was able to help someone to be more at ease, to be relieved, to feel comfort.
Great culture
Staff Education & Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2013
Great culture, decent work-life balance. Pay scale was on the lower end of the scale, but the organization's mission made up for some of that.