Hospice Buffalo Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Management needs alot of help
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 17, 2017
can you say micromanagement? Never been more controlled in my years of employment. Awful managerial skills. If you like to be treated like a dog, go ahead and apply. Very disrespectful
A culture that promotes harassment
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 6, 2017
Hospice Buffalo is broken from the CEO all the way through management. If you report harassment you will be offered a NDA and a few month of pay or the threat of firing.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Management and HR collude against employees for their personal benefit.
my summary about Hospice
HHA (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hospice very much, I will always support them through out my life. I am just very sad that they would not consider me to come back to work there again after i left. I was gone for 1 month and wanted to come back as an employee again, but the office had ignored my calls and never called me back.
Wonderful work place
HHA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hospice of BuffaloJanuary 14, 2017
I have worked for this company in 2011-2012 this was by far the best job I have ever had I would love to be apart of the crew again. I enjoyed working with hospice
Wonderful place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 18, 2016
Very friendly working environment, and managers are always willing to work with you to achieve reach your highest potential. It's like working with family.
Pros
meaningful, valuable work
Cons
short breaks, often short staffed
Wonderful
Registered Nurse, Team Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 8, 2016
Best work atmosphere I've worked at, no complaints
Co workers and bosses are extremely passionate about this line of work
Pros
autonomy
benefits
Not possible to fulfill job requirements in 40 hour workweek
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  SouthtownsApril 2, 2016
Support for nurses in the field 24/7. I loved the patients, good classroom training. My preceptor was the only preceptor on my team. She had no formal training as a preceptor so that did not make sense. She seemed burnt out after just 4 years on the job herself and often mentioned transferring or looking for another job. Be prepared to bring work home with you. Hours of take home documentation most nights as well as constantly writing yourself notes and thinking about what needs to be done. I would wake up in the middle of the night making mental notes. I could not foresee anyway to balance home and work life. It seemed as though everyone there readily accepted that way of life. I think one has to just love work and especially palliative care for a home care position to be a god fit. I did not last long, I value having a life outside of work too much.
Wonderful organization. much needed in the community.Friendly co-workers.
Triage Oncall-Nursing Home Team (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 30, 2015
Triage patients visits. Assess patients for signs and symptoms of discomfort. Notify MD. Implement new orders. Caring for ostomies, wounds, foley catheters, PIC lines, Mediports, chest tubes,PCA pumps,SQ-ports and trach care. Teaching & supporting families.
all about family and care
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYDecember 3, 2014
I worked as a Home Health Aide at Hospice of Buffalo. I would travel to the homes of my patients, care for them, read to them, what ever gave them comfort after all my duties were completed, which included but was not limited to personal care.

Management was supportive and caring. If it not for the economy and census decline I would still be employed with them and have no reason to leave there.
Pros
working independantly, flexible scheduling
Cons
none.
good employer
Certified Nursing Assistant, I (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 4, 2013
They are a very good company to work for. It was very rewarding experience.
Excellent
LMSW Homecare Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 5, 2013
Re locating to Florida looking for LMSW Social Worker Position
very caring staff that provides excellent care to patients. we all work well together whether it be rn, lpns or aides
Registered Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 28, 2012
I have learned a lot about palliative care and its importance during a patients end of life care. Hospice is a wonderful working environment . All the nurses are compassionate and caring. we provide excellent care to the terminally ill and their families, not only medically but spiritually also.
Pros
great working envirnonment
Cons
emotional at times due to the patients circumstances
caring environment, loving, compassionate staff
LPN (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 10, 2012
providing care for hospice pt. long hrs. but very rewarding. co-workers always ready to assist w/care. hardest part of job was knowing that pt. were going to die. most enjoyable was being supportive of family anf loved ones in need, and caring co-workers.
Cons
must be ale to deal w/death on a daily basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospice Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.

Hospice Buffalo Reviews by Location