Hospice By The Bay Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Expereince
CNA and Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 19, 2018
It gave me the opportunity to help many patients and families in the final stages of life. With hospice care the patients need a lot of supportive services and the families were were appreciative of me beeing able to assist them.
Pros
Friendly enviornment
Cons
More opportunity for advancement for employees is needed
I love this organization
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Larkspur, CAJuly 5, 2018
I honestly would never leave this organization if it were possible to stay. My bosses, most co-workers, the working environent, and everything to do with its mission has meant so much to me, both profesionally and personally. If you have the opportunity to work for this non-profit, take it!
Stress free workplace
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 30, 2018
I throughly enjoyed working at HBTB and am very sad to have to leave my position. The most enjoyable part of the position was the collaboration between colleagues.
A job with just the right balance of busy and quiet days
Patient Care Support Services II Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2018
At HBTB you start the day with a list of tasks to complete for proper patient chart management. While you complete these tasks you are answering and fulfilling email requests sent in by clinicians and managers. There are meetings every week that add a bit of vibrancy and movement as the field clinicians come in. Monday is busy from the back-log of the weekend and Friday is quiet and smooth as no clinicians are required to come into the office. The co-workers are friendly and inviting. There are three main sites so there are a lot of employees that you will only begin to know most of after about a year. The management is also friendly and encouraging. As administrative support you will feel appreciated as they acknowledge that you are the backbone that allows all the other workers to move forward in helping their patients and family/friends through this very difficult end of life process. The hardest part of the job is taking phone calls that can be emotionally charged due to the nature of death and grief. Understanding and empathy go a long way in providing calming solutions to those calling in. The most enjoyable part is in knowing you are helping many people through this difficult time...and also the camaraderie that involves a lot of people bringing in food, which is always a plus.
Pros
Friendly and supportive environment that encourages advancement.
Cons
Dealing with death and difficult emotions throughout the week.
Too focused on census
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Larkspur, CAApril 2, 2018
It is understandable that every business relies on a source of income. For a hospice, or similar organization, it is the census (number of patients they have on contract). There are other departments that are not revenue-producing organization units that are vital to the company. However, they don't seem to want to spend money on infrastructure until it's too late.
Pros
Working with the cause of hospice
Cons
Management is not in tune to the needs of non-medial departments
Resource Nurse
Resource Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 4, 2017
Lots of improvements have been made to the resource department since I started with HBTB - it is now extremely supportive and mostly well staffed (there's ups and downs as with everything). Coworkers are great, and now there are assistant nurse managers that are available to answer questions and provide support to nurses in the field. Medical Directors are amazing, so patient and helpful, even at 1am! Unfortunately staff in HR and administration were absolutely terrible, and made me feel less than valued as an employee. Numerous mistakes were made on their part, costing me financially and physically, without any acknowledgement or accountability taken. It left a bad taste in my mouth, something I just couldn't shake.
Great Organization
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Larkspur, CASeptember 15, 2017
Work starts at 8:30AM and work end at 4:30PM . Very committed staff with regards to patient care. The most enjoyable part of the job were the staff, professional and friendly
Pros
Mission
Cons
My commute
Very upbeat and lively work environment despite the area of work involved
Hospice Aide Scheduler/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Larkspur, CAJuly 27, 2017
A great work community and good employee relations. Despite being faced with death on a daily basis, support mechanism exist to lessen the pain and trauma for families who loose loved ones. Management is wanting in some areas and employees are often not heard leading to loss of interest and high staff turnover.
Pros
Community support for orphaned families
Cons
High staff turnover
productive and nice place to work for. especially for those living in san francisco.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2016
starting at 7.00 and finishing at 3.30. the hardest part of the job is to loose your patients. we work hands on with co workers patients well being matters. the most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to see interesting people.
Pros
long drive between patients.
Cons
good place to work for.
Flexible work place
staff (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 22, 2015
Really enjoyed working with my team. everyone is friendly to work with and is a team player. I learned alot from them. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning something new everyday.
Pros
flexible schedule
Has Hospice lost it's way?
Patient Care Support Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Larkspur, CANovember 5, 2014
A vital service that the community desperately needs and they do their job well. Behind the scenes, no one is steering the ship on a day to day basis.
Pros
Positivity and truly making a difference in peoples lives
Cons
Mismanagement with "too many cooks in the kitchen"
very nice people to work with
I assist with non profit events (Current Employee) –  Larkspur, CAJune 11, 2013
I still enjoy volunteering for these wonderful people on occasion
compassionate
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2012
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to be part of the life of the patient and their families.
Pros
the patients
Provided excellent work experience
Home Health Aide/Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMay 24, 2012
• Assist patients in personal care and medical needs ; including bathing and assisting with meals Provided care at variety of care facilities and private homes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospice By The Bay. Our community is ready to answer.

Hospice By The Bay Reviews by Location