Hospice Care of South Carolina Pay & Benefits reviews

Flexible and takes care of employees
Hospice Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCJune 17, 2019
HCSC is a great company to work for. One must be willing to travel daily. Off weekends and holidays. Company is great for people with school age kids.
Pros
No weekends or holidays.
Cons
Pay is okay but raises are not much. Traveling
nice place to work
Weekend on call RN (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 12, 2017
long hours and distances to travel at all hourse of the night was the hardest part of the job, the entire team was great to work with. My regional director was fair and knowledgeable.
Great Organization
Community Relations Liaison (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 30, 2017
Started as a Hospice Chaplain and transitioned to CRL after about a year. I was impressed with the advancement/ continuing education opportunities. HCSC values creativity and input from every level. Patient care was always excellent. I worked with great care teams.
Pros
Strong Mission
Cons
Compensation could have been better, Sometimes there were unrealistic expectations when it came to census/ coverage area.
Paranoid place
RN (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 9, 2017
Culture of distrust. Seems as if employees are directed by management to report on others. Everyone thinks they are a nurse & give pts medical advice, contradict RN,causes a mess. Sadly, too many inappropriate pts are admitted to keep census falsely high. They need a good look by DHEC & CMS. Young nurses don't know what they are doing & management does not tell them pts are inappropriate & will probably throw the RNs under the bus when they charges & fines are imposed. Huge turnover with RNs. Really unless yr desperate don't work here.
Pros
Self scedule
Cons
Culture of distrust, poor salary
Personally the most rewarding position I ever had, yet do not expect to make much money. You must have a calling to do this job to recieve the benifi
clinical nurse manager and staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 14, 2014
This was the most rewarding position I have every worked in my career personally. I loved the work culture that provided patients with holisitic patient care. The management was somewhat inexperienced, yet tried to work with everyone fairly. The compencation for this job was not that great, but the personal satisfaction you recieve from the patients and their families more than made up for the lack of pay. The hardest part of this job was the loss of some beautiful people, although this is the expectation of the positon. The reward is knowing you have done everything possible to allow this person to have a dignified and peaceful death. Also getting to know some of the most wonderful families, who are the hero's for providing the care to their loved ones everyday, during their last days. I recommend Hospice Care of South Carolina to all who have a passion to care for patients..
Pros
Personally Rewarding, provided holistic care to patient, Work culture was supportive and caring. Work toghter as a team.
Cons
Management inexperience, but fair. Salary was on the low side, but the personal reward made up for the lack of pay.
A Life Career
Hospice Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 9, 2014
As a Chaplain, I interact and provide Spiritual support to Families and their loved ones challenged with a life - terminating illness. Also, provide education to the Community at large of the embraceable resources that is available through Hospice Care services.

I serve as one of the Interdisciplinary Team Representatives giving support as needed by my PCC and immediate Supervisor'. The hardest part of the job ... finding enough hours to fulfill the care that becomes a part of you and giving oneself the balance needed to continue to serve forward after the transition of those lives well - lived.

This is why De-briefing the Staff and continuing to provide those additional benefits to the family through the Bereavement Support after the loved one transitions to their place of eternal peace, so that their families will move through these experiences in a wholesome and celebratory legacy.

Which is the most enjoyable part of my discipline as a Hospice Chaplain or as a Community Relations Liaison.

In, conclusion. There is no hard part to these Disciplines of Care.
Pros
Continued Support
caring and compassionate company
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCJanuary 7, 2013
very good people to work for and with. they really care about the patients.
Pros
benfefits and pay
Cons
call schedule at that time