HOSPICE OF HOLLAND Employee Reviews

Positive
Receptionist @ Hospice House (PT) (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 19, 2016
I volunteered for this hospice for about 7 years. Holland of Hospice had a townhouse building and the rooms were used for the patients and their families. Privacy was always maintained. Volunteering with this group was what made me want to go to college and get my MSW. Hospice is a passion of mine. I would help feed residents, that otherwise could not do for themselves. Sat with many that had no family visits. I really learned how to be patient and understanding which served me well when my own family member had to be there. Working with children, which were few, was the hardest part for me because you expect this with the elderly but not the little ones. I really loved this job. Socialization, life stories, and hand holding.
Much less stressed now that I no longer work for them.
RN Case Manager/Home Care (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 25, 2015
Employer has unrealistic expectations. Almost always had to take work home, interfering with home life Mon thru Fri. Even if called in to work due to illness, it was an expectation that you worked from home making phone calls to various people/companies. Safety concerns brought to management without acceptable response on management's part. Management not completely truthful during interview with regards to amount of time required to work. Felt "targeted" by leaders from the time I got off orientation; threatened to be "written up" on numerous occasions for doing same things that my coworkers were doing (venting about work, working overtime, etc). Several co-workers left for other employment due to working conditions.
Had good relationships with most of my co-workers (exception being management/leadership). Most co-workers more than willing to help out others that were more busy. Greatly enjoyed time spent with most patients and families.
PS: I am an RN with 20+ years of experience.
Pros
patients and families grateful for time spent with them and care given to patients
Cons
long hours (not 8am to 4pm as discussed in interview), almost always had to take work home
Most compassionate group of individuals I have ever worked with.
Admission Liaison (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 1, 2014
My position was to assess appropriateness for admission to hospice and start any necessary medications or transfers. I could always rely on my peers or management if needed, they were always approachable and willing to give assistance, advice or direction.
Pros
Wonderful staff
Cons
Work schedule varied.
good place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 9, 2014
employees here do there jobs very well, all caring people.
provide daily cares for patient
assist with transfers
take vitals as needed
A very high quality and professional place to work.
Hospice Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Holland, MichiganMay 28, 2013
Review my patient lists, determine who to visit and why, visit the terminally ill and their families to provide spiritual and emotional suupport. Chart all activities, plan of care, assessments, visit notes etc. Management is very high quality and very professional. Co workers are all very professional, likable and enjoyable. Remembering all the charting requirements that frequently changed. Being with the people.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
I was quite happy with all circumstances and relationships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOSPICE OF HOLLAND. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3