Hospice of Michigan Employee Reviews

emotional
Nurse case manager (Current Employee) –  Charter Township of Clinton, MIMay 15, 2019
Was moved into pediatrics and was difficult to deal with emotiionaly

Would travel to pts homes and assist with the care of their critically sick children until they passed
Pros
strong team work
Cons
death
No comment
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 11, 2019
No comment was treated poorly while employed, don't have anything positive to say about this company. While employed promises were made that weren't kept.
I appreciated the job, however, the supervisor was not experienced as a supervisor and it impacted the work environment.
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 23, 2019
I had a new supervisor who did not have experience in supervision. She was not a good listener and did not help with situations that were problematic. We had to work as a team to find solutions without supervision.
Very stressful place to work.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 8, 2019
Management is terrible. Your always hearing about complaints. Management does not have your back. There are to many strict rules here beware and alot of favortism. No appreciation for your work.
Cons
Management, no pay raises
Positive
Lead Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 6, 2019
Overall working with hospice was i life changing experience, The care for the patients to the finance was always done with care, In this job I learned more of this job than any other. The things I learned were:

*Pre-requisite for admissions to hospice.

*Gained knowledge of insurance requirements for hospice.
Pros
Working with the community and pay
Great Place to work
Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 29, 2019
When I was working there it provided great atmosphere, employees was nice & friendly, pay was nice. Trained nurses to pretty much do my job. Worked in different departments, which was a great learning experience. Laid off in the end.
Pros
Great job while it lasted
Cons
Laid off suddenly
A lot of driving, no back up support with pts
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIDecember 3, 2018
It was rare to receive assistance if I had an exceptionally busy day. You were on you own. It was not a good place to work at. I felt thrown to the wolves.
Pros
1:1 with pts
Cons
long hours, a lot of driving.
Proceed with Caution and Watch Your Back
On Call RN (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 29, 2018
Proceed with caution if you're not one to socialize with management. If you upset one, you upset them all. Emotionally reactive to employee issues. Must have very flexible availability. Affiliation with other hospice and low staffing census result in long distance trips in your personal vehicle for standard hourly and mileage reimbursement. Few opportunities to earn extra income if you're available for statewide travel.
Pros
Long drives during field work allows for time alone, Lots of micromanagement if you need that; many opportunities to make new friends if you're lonely, few opportunities to earn extra income.
Cons
Lots of micromanagement, Many levels of management, Emotionally reactive to employee issues
great experience
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 17, 2018
On a typical workday I saw 5 to 6 patients and set my own schedule. I learned valuable information regarding states of dying and what to expect. I educated patients and families on these issues. The most common question asked would be how long does the patient have. we would answer in weeks to days or days to hours.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
Great work environment, friendly staff
Information Solutions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 3, 2018
I started working at Hospice of Michigan and it was really only intended as a stepping stone into the career world. After working there for 5+ years, I have made many friends, and really learned the mission of the company. Many of its employees are followers of that mission, and truly love their work. Would rate this a 11/10 workplace!
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, great people
Cons
There is always work to do :)
RN case manager
RN Case Manager Hospice (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIAugust 22, 2018
RN case manager caring for patients providing end of life care to patients and families. Managing medications, providing pain relief, caring for patients in the home and in care facilities.
Grief Support Manager
Grief Support Services Manager - (Former Employee) –  Ada, MIAugust 7, 2018
Excellent place to work, very good culture, nice people and good pay.
Able to perform therapy with clients on a daily basis. Able to relocate in comp.
Pros
Meetings are often
Cons
Dealing with a lot of grief, and loss
Most amazing people to work with.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIMay 3, 2018
Special people work this job...super heros in disguise. From staff to Medical Director , all 100% devoted to the patients under their care. Patient focused, to meet all their end of life needs.
Pros
People you work with.
Cons
No part time
You have to do it from your heart
Motor Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 7, 2018
I'm a volunteer with Hospice of Michigan. I basically give emotional support to family and friends during the last days.
Most times, a hug could be it.
great place to learn about hospice
Second Shift On-Call/PRN RN (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIFebruary 11, 2018
encourage education, out on your own for the most part so not much of a workplace culture. Management kind of spys on you and if someone complains there is no one to stand up for you, and no recourse. Best part is the patients and their families and helping them. That was an honor.
Pros
great team
Cons
bad management
Lower stress than most other jobs I have had.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 10, 2018
Company was at a strong point when I hired in, then went through a total re-structure which caused a lot of stress and that was how I lost my job. But good memories.
Frequent management changes
Management (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 9, 2018
Restructured leadership frequently with little to no strategic planning. Led to dissatisfaction of staff and other leaders. Constant upheaval left most employees anxious.
Pros
Benefits, feedback from patients
Cons
Lack of understanding of day to day operations by top level leaders
rewarding job
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIJanuary 16, 2018
This job isn't for everyone but I loved what I did and knew that I was caring for people when they needed me the most. I worked there for almost 8 years and wouldn't have left if my husband wouldn't have taken a job out of state. wages are competitive with other companies, vacation and sick time are accumulated with hours worked every pay period.
Pros
flexible work days and hours
Cons
if census was low so were your hours
I thoroughly enjoyed my job.
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJanuary 6, 2018
Our branch was going through some issues with management at the time that I worked for them. I chose to become a stay at home mom instead of continuing to work for them.
I Loved this job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 4, 2018
This was the most rewarding nursing position I have ever had. It was a privilege to care for people at the end of their life. To make them as comfortable as possible and to comfort the family.
I loved every aspect of the requirements of this job except the management
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospice of Michigan. Our community is ready to answer.