Hospice of Michigan Employee Reviews

Most amazing people to work with.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIMay 3, 2018
Special people work this job...super heros in disguise. From staff to Medical Director , all 100% devoted to the patients under their care. Patient focused, to meet all their end of life needs.
Pros
People you work with.
Cons
No part time
You have to do it from your heart
Motor Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 7, 2018
I'm a volunteer with Hospice of Michigan. I basically give emotional support to family and friends during the last days.
Most times, a hug could be it.
Lower stress than most other jobs I have had.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 10, 2018
Company was at a strong point when I hired in, then went through a total re-structure which caused a lot of stress and that was how I lost my job. But good memories.
Frequent management changes
Management (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 9, 2018
Restructured leadership frequently with little to no strategic planning. Led to dissatisfaction of staff and other leaders. Constant upheaval left most employees anxious.
Pros
Benefits, feedback from patients
Cons
Lack of understanding of day to day operations by top level leaders
rewarding job
Hospice Aide (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIJanuary 16, 2018
This job isn't for everyone but I loved what I did and knew that I was caring for people when they needed me the most. I worked there for almost 8 years and wouldn't have left if my husband wouldn't have taken a job out of state. wages are competitive with other companies, vacation and sick time are accumulated with hours worked every pay period.
Pros
flexible work days and hours
Cons
if census was low so were your hours
I thoroughly enjoyed my job.
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJanuary 6, 2018
Our branch was going through some issues with management at the time that I worked for them. I chose to become a stay at home mom instead of continuing to work for them.
I Loved this job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 4, 2018
This was the most rewarding nursing position I have ever had. It was a privilege to care for people at the end of their life. To make them as comfortable as possible and to comfort the family.
I loved every aspect of the requirements of this job except the management
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
management
Very rewarding
Hospice RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIDecember 31, 2017
A lot to learn and you need to be able to set good boundaries otherwise you can get burned out quickly. It is a great working atmosphere with your fellow peers. The best part of the job is being able to me there to help individuals through a very hard and vulnerable time.Very rewarding!
Rewarding career
Registered Nurse, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MINovember 21, 2017
If you love people and have a compassionate heart this is the place for you. I love the flexibility this position provided. Not being stuck in one place and driving to see patients is great. Some times its sad because patients end up dying (such is the nature of hospice), but you become attached to patients and families.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
can be sad
Too many chiefs not enough Indians
RN (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 9, 2017
Run do not walk away from this company. Management is poor, they do not have your back and set up up for failure. Orientation is horrible and part of it is teams sending you many emails about what you did wrong. You are driving from o e end of the state to the other.
Benefits
Cons
they offer a sign on bonus for a reason
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  metro detroit and ann arbor areaOctober 23, 2017
Very unstable company. There is absolutely no work life balance and management does not care about employees at all. Earned sick time or vacation time is impossible to use because staffing is completely inadequate. You will drive thousands of miles due to inadequate staffing. orientation is horrible and you are set up for failure
Company now under new owners.
Patient Family Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 11, 2017
Learned a lot, traveled a lot, now under new ownership I believe, pay was very good, no weekends or holidays, patients and families always appreciative of your care.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Lots of traveling.
Good place to work.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MIOctober 10, 2017
At times, the case load may be above normal but it is manageably. The staff was friendly and it has its challenges. Sometimes, death can be the hardest part of life but your job is to make it as comfortable for the patient and family as you can.
Working with hospice patients and families
Chaplain/Spiritual Care Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 9, 2017
Overall great opportunity to offer end of life care to hospice patients and their families..offering support, spiritual connections and life affirmation through end of life.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no pay raises
Patient care is rewarding. Mgmt loose sight of bedside care need.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MISeptember 3, 2017
Communication poor, local up to corporate level. Mgmt inconsistent with team, culture and loosing sight of bedside care needs. Long hours, often excessive need of working to cover staffing shortages. Been at position 2 years and seeing staff turnover and burnout last few months throughout region.
Pros
Excellent knowledgeable physicians and Telesupport Nurses.
Cons
Ongoing staffing shortages and overflows to requiring more hours. Mgmt heavy. Wages not competitive.
Poor work environment
ADMISSIONS RN/CASE MANAGER RN (Former Employee) –  Alpena, MIAugust 28, 2017
Poor work environment and very long hours. Orientation is inadequate for the job. Then teaching is done through a constant barrage of corrective emails and disciplinary actions.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours and poor management
Great company, true vision and mission
Account Manager/LPN (Former Employee) –  wet branch, miAugust 22, 2017
Hospice of Michigan truly stand behind their vision and mission. Providing hospice care to everyone that qualifies. They tend to provide services that other hospices would not due to financial constraints. There staff is is amazing
Innovative and Compassionate
Telephonic Hospice Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 2, 2017
The call center became the statewide call center during the time I worked there. They were innovative in that we traveled to the various regions to become acquainted with the various sites that we would be taking calls from.
great
Service Operations Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 14, 2017
great place to work
the management is great
the culture is great
environment has alot of offices and its pretty quiet
the management is focused on the mission
the end of life
Field Staff Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 6, 2017
A hard job but knowing there are people who can help with end of life and the sadness that comes with it. RN's MSW, SCA and Aides all to the rescue to assist families and patients make the smooth transition. Some days are very long and very stressful but knowing you are helping a piece of the transition in a positive way make it worth it.
benefits
Cons
hard job with sadness and often stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospice of Michigan. Our community is ready to answer.