Hospice of Yuma Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great care to residents
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZFebruary 28, 2018
Hospice of Yuma is the best hospice in area. They treat their patients very well, just not the staff. I would recommend their care, but not their employment.
Great place to work and learn for RN's
Hospice RN (Former Employee) –  YumaApril 4, 2013
I worked at Hospice of Yuma a fews years back before I left the area.
It was a wonderful experience. The fulltime Medical Director is a wonderful teacher and one of the most knowledgable doctors I have every worked with. I miss my co-workers as they were my support system ( No family in the area) and they really cared about the work they did with terminally ill patients. Management was great. They listened when I was overwhelmed and helped me learn better managment of my time. Paperwork was difficult but it is everywhere you work now as an RN. My time at Hospice of Yuma made me a better RN and more compassionate. I had to move due to family issues otherwise I would still be there. Working at Hospice of Yuma is the one thing in Yuma AZ that would make me want to move back.
Pros
great work culture, caring managment, good oreintation process
Cons
amount of paperwork
Nurturing, patient centered workplace-very supportive
Hospice Night Time On-Call RN (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 3, 2012
Typical day, all RNs reported to office at 0800 to update computers, learn of new pts, etc and dispersed from there. The Medical director is very supportive and enjoys teaching- so able to learn a lot. Management is caring and nurturing and created a culture of supportive comraderie for co-workers.
Pros
benefit package was good, culture was nurturing/supportive
Cons
rns salaried, no pay for meetings scheduled during time off

Want to know more about Hospice of Yuma?

Ask a question