Hospice of the North Shore and Greater Boston Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Meticulous execution, blistering work pace, definataly not for someone looking for a "slower pace"
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Danvers officeMarch 7, 2012
I have worked for other hospices and everyone works hard. What's been my frustration with other hospices is the lack of attention to follow through. In places where census is the #1 goal, an inordinate effort is made to get patients; with patient care a sometimes distant 2nd in terms of priority. Here, it is the opposite. The goal is to ensure that every "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed. This means care plans are created and followed up on, responsibilities are assigned and people are held accountable for service lapses. The pressure to keep all those balls in the air can be a distraction, but it works. Mistakes are caught before they impact patient care, and any rough spots in terms of coverage are smoothed out, again before patients know there was even a problem in the first place. This requires strong leadership, extra hours and a extra dose of committment to the service, but hospice is not a job or a shift, it really is a calling. HNSGB staff work longer hours, have heavier workloads and have more clinical expertise expected of them; but if hospice is what someone wants to do, why not do it where the best is the only accepted standard of care. I commute 42 miles each way to this job and I've gotten unsolicited offers to work closer to home. I'd rather drive to great job, than walk to one I don't like.
best clinical traning of any hospice in ne, hands down. decent benefits, good pay. very liberal pto allowance
longer hours than other hospices, higher expectation of clinical expertise, blistering work place