Hospice Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
You need patience for hospice
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 12, 2018
You have to have patience because these elder people are in there last days and they want to take things slow because everytime they move it hurts and being with them can make you look at life very different the stories they tell when they were 17 and 18 and how they overcome fears and stuff like that I heard so many stories and they really love talking .
Pros
long lunches
Cons
staying up all night
Productive work place with people that are pleasant to work with
Health Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 19, 2017
A pleasant place to work. Workers will bend over backwards to help you if you are having trouble getting the work completed or need a break to cover you on a lunch period..
Pros
snacks brought in the lunch room from the workers
Cons
long hours when short staffed
Helping Others
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILSeptember 27, 2017
You assist patients with activities of daily living such as brushing teeth, getting dressed, feeding, walking, and anything else they might need including companionship. The hardest part of the job is the physical demands and the most enjoyable part of the job is the fulfilling aspect of helping people and their families.
productive
Admission specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 9, 2017
Very hectic busy location. Not the friendliness area . I would not recommend this facility because non professional areas. I would seek elsewhere for a job.
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
far
A wonderful place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Allen, KSJuly 23, 2017
Just love workbwith older people you learn so much what happen back in there time it wonderful to talk to people that know so much about life an how it was so different back then.
Pros
Good place to work at
Cons
N/a
Amazing work place
Music Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYMarch 30, 2017
All staff very supportive and caring; great work environment; open for suggestion; I was an intern yet everyone respected me as part of the team. It was one of the best work places in my experience
I was just a volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Valdese, NCFebruary 10, 2017
It was a great experience. I got to work with veterens and children. I made crafts and helped supervise children. I made baked goods for the in-patients. It was very rewarding
learning new things each time you are there.
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  columbus indianaMay 23, 2016
a great place to work. I learned how to treat people with family members that are ill. I learned how to disinfect and clean the rooms properly.management could be more helpful and help out when needed,co-workers are nice and kind however rarely work with them.mostly work alone,there isn't much of the job that is hard,the most enjoyable thing is helping the family when they are feeling sad and lonely.
Pros
nice atmoshere
Cons
management not very helpful.
Very relaxed work environment
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 23, 2016
Great group of coworkers all working together to accomplish one goal, help our patients and families. The main lesson I have learned working with this company is life is too short to not be happy. At any moment you or a loved one could lose there life, need to focus on spending time with those whom matter. As a supervisor I am involved with many upper management meetings and decisions. This company truly tries to put there best foot forward during difficult times and does whatever they can to make sure our patients and families have one of the most wonderful non stressful experiences. In regards to the co-workers I have never experienced such a close knit group of people with quite a few similar interests. The most difficult part of the job, in my opinion, is when you receive calls for a child. Whether it be for equipment or for supplies. The most enjoyable part of the job truly is working with the people we work with every single day.
Pros
Coworkers, Room for Improvement
Cons
Currently going through quite a bit of changes with the systems. Can be a struggle at times.
not fun
primary caregiver for mother (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 24, 2015
hard and hot. very stressful and pay was not that great. But I did job.I dont like to review this company.I dont know what else to say.
Fast pace and ever changing proceedures
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 22, 2014
A typical day at hospice was never that. You work in a place and help people that are at the end of the life, this can be as rewarding as it is painful. Sometimes the most pain is the family left behind but thinks to this wonderful place takes care of the families emotional long after the passing of the patient have past. As far as your co-workers, they do not feel like this at all, it dont take long if anytime at all and they feel like family, matter of fact the most used word in staff meetings was hospice family.
Pros
Great Hours and team mates
Cons
as a non-profit place it was hard if not impossible to get a raise
Nice place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 29, 2014
Learning experience while helping others. A way to enhance skills and keep active. Most enjoyable part of job is working with dedicated people who are willing to teach and be patient at the same time.
Pros
Good people to work with and learn from.
Cons
No paying openings.
Enjoyed working one on one with patients and families in thier home
Travel Nurse RN- Accountable Health Care Staffing (Current Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 1, 2014
Would begin the day around 0830 and visit multiple homes completing necessary Medicaid/Medicare Nursing Home visit Assessment and paperwork. Each home visit lasted about 1.5-2 hours depending of the level of care the patient was receiving. I would complete approximately 3-4 visits in a day depending on their location in relation to each other. I learned end of life care and management, Medicaid/Medicare paperwork and requirements. Enjoyed working with co-workers and different disciplines such as PT, OT, SLP, CNA. Most enjoyable and hardest part was the honor of being a part of this sacred event of dying.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Emotional
Productive and allows me to work closely with my patients .
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg,VAAugust 22, 2014
The only thing I can say about Hospice is its a great place to work. You feel like an actual family at Hospice. Everyone works well together to make sure the patients and the patients families have the best care and support.
Nice work environment
Coordinator/ Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJuly 15, 2014
The environment is wonderful. Most of the employees are respectful.
Not a good company!!!!
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  AnywhereMay 21, 2014
Biggest mistake ever!!!! They DO NOT care about patient care. It's ALL about filling a position with a warm body. You are NOT allowed to take a lunch or break...THEY will out and out LIE to keep you employed. Management is very unprofessional. They give praise and raises to employees who will go and add GOOD reviews to this website!!! As an RN you will not be allowed to call any other tems members to deaths!!! Chaplains have a caseload of over 50 patient's!!!!!!! They never attend deaths, and are not required too. They work their RN's 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They tell you no overtime is allowed, so after 40 hours you have to lie on your timesheet so only 40 hours shows. On call pay is 2.00 per hour so if you take 5 calls you are not allowed to show your actual time and only receive 2.00
Pros
Cons
24/7 care for ALL RN's
hospice turned out to be a wonderful life experice.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 13, 2014
I love working hospice nice pay and for the most part nice works..
Pros
get to meet and learn from alot of different cultures.
Cons
people dieing quick
Great experience
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 16, 2013
traveling
the meaning of death
great management
my co workers were good
seeing people that are dying
helping the families at their time of need
Productive and fun place to work
Volunteer worker (Former Employee) –  FosythSeptember 29, 2013
A day at the Hospice center is working with the main CEO's and doing there executive paper work, filing, and other administrative assistant work. Other days you go into work and will be sent to other locations and accommodate the patients at the other Hospice center and help coordinate functions like bingo night. The simplest things make the old folks happy and seeing them happy in good care makes me happy!
Pros
Seeing the smiles on the old people
Cons
short hours
Hospice
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 13, 2013
Hospice work is not for everyone, it takes a special person to assist the dying. For myself, I found working for Hospice rewarding. Knowing that assisting death and dying to allow a person to exit this world as comfortable as possible is rewarding. Families find comfort in knowing their loved ones are exiting this world aspainfree as possible, in addition counceling is available for the family to except the death of their loved one.
Pros
allows a peaceful death
Cons
everyone grieves in their own way, death is final