Hospira Employee Reviews

n/a
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCApril 4, 2018
I like the job I loved it I will go back if I was hired through hospira rather than temp agency also great with overtime and I loved working in the warehouse
competitive place
Computerized Numerical Controller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 10, 2018
competitive work environment.fast pace,details oriented,place to learn .about hospira. Hospira helps hospitals heal the hurting. The company makes specialty inject able pharmaceuticals (primarily generics) including cardiovascular, anesthesia, oncology, and anti-infective therapies, as well as the related drug delivery systems such as refilled syringes. The firm's more complicated medication
Rushed daily expectations.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCMarch 8, 2018
The workload here was elevated. The sample/result expectations was rushed. Training was great for the most part. Quality Assurance and Quality Control could work better together. Work interruption by QA was almost a daily occurrence.
Good place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 3, 2018
Was a good place to work. Really miss the company. Coworkers and all were dedicated to getting the work out. Customer Service was something we all strived for.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Can't think of anything
Fast pace environment
Sr Compliance Remediation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 26, 2018
This company was bought by Pfizer which has brought a better environment to work in than Hospira. Better benefits and chance to be promoted. Bosses are better to work with and they listen to their employees.
Pros
No pros to add
Cons
No cons to add
poor management
LINE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSFebruary 20, 2018
They started putting the quantity of products being sent out in front of the safety and quality of products being put out. As a line mechanic I was not happy with how they would hurry batches to make their numbers. I felt like safety was being put on the back burner. That's why I left.
Pros
I liked my coworkers
Cons
Inexperienced managers
great company
Cafeteria Worker Lead (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 13, 2018
my time working at Hospira was very fun and enjoyable. I worked there as a temp though the company Kelly Service. got paid every week did not work weekends got holidays off. the work schedule never changed. Management was awesome he worked with his workers trained you in all areas just incase there was a call in.
Pros
weekends and holidays off
Cons
not working with the company but was employed by a temp sevices
Hospira Review
Production Operator/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 10, 2018
working for kelly services
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 9, 2018
Inspect prints and defects on product while working in a GMP environment, provide minimum daily maintenance and preventative maintenance on fab machine, utilize the forklift to stock and product and prepare it for transport.
morale killer. deadend job
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 7, 2018
the job I had was the money maker for the company and they didn't care about us. Management treated us like we were stupid and everybody is trying to leave.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
have to know somebody to move up
Training
PRODUTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 5, 2018
Conduct daily operations including facilitating training exercises on policy, work ethics, job operation, assembly, and team management. Strong public speaking, teaching, and facilitating abilities that can lead, relate, understand, and communicate effectively with a diverse group, team, or audience.
Pros
Working with others, teaching, learning, and speaking.
Cons
Advancement Opportunity
productive and safe work place
IV Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 5, 2018
They work as a team . everyone was a team player work as team. people are always willing to help you out if you need it. friendly environment good hours to work.
Pros
good food
Cons
short breaks
Productive, fast paced, team members were great
Receptionist/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 31, 2018
My day to day duties-
- Maintained switchboard and directed calls to certain departments
- Created memos/corresponded inter company
- Assisted with projects as needed
- Ran weekly reports
- Processed invoices
Pros
Great team of people I worked with
Cons
Contracutal work
Great Job
Production Operator/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 29, 2018
I worked at Hospira a couple of years back. Overall it was a great job. The pay was okay. I think recently the company was bought out by Pfizer. Overall it was a cool place to work.
Great workplace
Voice Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Illinois and WisconsinJanuary 26, 2018
I had the opportunity to create a very strong team which provided all of the telco support needs for the company. This included sites in Illinois and Wisconsin.
Fast-paced
PHARMACEUTICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSJanuary 23, 2018
A typical work day was very busy and fast-paced. Always had something to do and learned so much about the pharmaceutical industry. Management was busy but did make time to listen to employees. The hardest part of the job was correcting so many co-workers mistakes on the paperwork and the most enjoyable part was the people. I loved my job and the only reason I left was to have my babies.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace with great benefits
Production line Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working here. You must be very detail
Oriented. It’s fast paced and you are constantly busy. I liked the people that worked with me and the management.
it was a nice place to work it define and achieve business goals
Maintenace (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 18, 2018
analyze and identify equipment failure root causes and actualize corrective actions and preventative maintenance protocol and seeking to provide leadership in job situation.
Pros
the job pay was good and the benefits was grate along with staff
Cons
cant say anything about this job but it was okay all jobs has its ups and downs
productive
Senior Production Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NC 27804January 14, 2018
i like working at hospira it a good place to work i learn a lot about safety the hardest part was night shift i enjoy the people. i very disappointment how they didnt work with me as far as my shift and i had put in a lot of hard work there for 13years
Pros
good food
Cons
shortbreaks
Monotonous work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Assembly of hospital/medical devices. This was a temporary job through a temp agency so ended when the assignment ended. Not a bad job if you like the assembly environment but very uninteresting and repetitive work.
Pros
Good if you like this type of work
Cons
Boring, monotonous work