Hospital for Special Surgery Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 200 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
HSS is the world’s leading academic medical center focused on musculoskeletal health. At its core is Hospital for Special Surgery, ranked No. 1 in orthopedics for 13 years in a row by U.S. News & World Report (2022-2023). HSS has also been among the top-ranked hospitals for both orthopedics and rheumatology for 31 consecutive years.
You’re seeing all 234 jobs at Hospital for Special Surgery because we can’t find any available jobs at Hospital for Special Surgery close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 682 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
People are great to work with. Management has had insane turnover recently. I have personally had 5 managers in 4 years, and 3 different CNOs within those 4 years as well. Very specialized, repetitive and perfected, and very honed-in on patient satisfaction.
Good place to work great work environment and nice managers who care about your well being and giving you the tools to do your job with great training.
Working at Hospital for Special Surgery is very challenging plus very good place to work. The years I've worked there made me feel that I made a difference in patients lives.
HSS is a very good place to work. Once you ae there you become a part of a team that encourages you to learn and grow. I would suggest anyone new to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement program, gain a mentor and always look for opportunities of growth.
work is busy, some nurses are working harder than others while getting recognized for their laziness. Management aware but just brushes off their employees concern. Company hires nurses that would just sit in the nursing station, googling, or would hop around to socialize with the admins. If you’re a social butterfly then this is the place for you, you will be promoted for just sitting around in paramus. Maybe management is getting distracted by getting complements from the lazy nurses to get away with poor performances.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 63 questions about working at Hospital for Special Surgery. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Hospital for Special Surgery employees.
Insights from 133 Indeed users who have interviewed with Hospital for Special Surgery within the last 5 years.
What was my experience and knowledge of instruments.
There isn't a pension package. Employee contribution 403B package only.
Why do I think I would be a good candidate to work at hss?
Lazuriteâ"¢ and Hospital for Special Surgery Announce a Collaboration Agreement Focused on Lazuriteâs ArthroFreeâ"¢ Wireless Surgical Camera System(opens in a new window)StreetInsider.com
Nets' T.J. Warren eying December 2 return against Raptors | amNewYork(opens in a new window)amNewYork
Dr. Harvinder S. Sandhu takes the reins at Stamford Hospital's orthopedics department - Westfair Communications(opens in a new window)Westfair Communications
Byrd: Investing in community is a core value with LI Nets | Long Island Business News(opens in a new window)Long Island Business News
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Hospital for Special Surgery?Published on May 24, 2021
- Hospital for Special Surgery