Hospital for Special Surgery Employee Reviews

The Best Place EVER
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2019
It was like falling in love.....you never forget your first love and this was mine. We were truly a family who believed in providing for those in need. From Doctors to Nurses from supporting staff to management we operated with one goal in mind putting patients first. Having to stay extra hours was every now and then generously paid but at least on my part not necessary when you love what you do it really isn't work.
Pros
The Best Place To Work
Not a bad Place to work
EKG Technician (Per-Diem) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2019
Its a world class specialty hospital where they pay the highest in the health care system in NYC.
They have great doctors who specialize in sports medicine, arthritis, muscular and joint diseases.
Best Orthopedic Hospital in the world
Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellowship (Former Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 31, 2019
Best Orthopedic Hospital in the world. Obtaining ACGME certified fellowship training at Hospital for special surgery is one of the highest level of orthopedic training in the world
Learned how to use a new system EPIC
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 29, 2019
There is a lot of learning and a typical day is telephone calls to the insurance carrier and to the patient. The other is following up on denied claims that was not paid and updating patients information
Pros
Rating quality and productivity
Cons
Not enough training
productivity
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2019
there is never a boring moment. people are friendly and all like to work together. compensation and benefits are worth it. most enjoyable part is each department works well together
Relaxed, and comfortable work environment. Management was unfair and had unrealistic expectations.
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2019
I did all and more than what was asked of me, hints why I kept the position past the 6 weeks I was initially hired for. I was promised a permanent position and it was given to someone else who had no experience in my department, however the director saw something he’ed admired and chose her. Shortly after I was let go for a reason that was completely unsettling and untrue. I felt betrayed and offended. They got rid of me so quickly and treated me like I was a criminal!!!

So my advised to a potential applicant for the Hospital for Special Surgery would be...be careful and always keep your options open until you are 100 percent secure in your position.
Pros
Great environment, staff very helpful
Cons
Cut throat managers with self gain and interest
Diverse work environment
BILL AND ACCOUNT COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2019
I worked there for several years. I enjoyed the work environment as well as my coworkers. My coworkers were my extended family.
I learned that we all had each other's backs. If someone needed assistance, you never felt ashamed to ask.
Demanding
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 2, 2019
Very demanding job. The managers their are useless if you were to have a problem. You are basically a robot the minute you walk into the job . Forget having a great loving personality . No interaction amongst staff.
If you are happy at your current jobs ,STAY. HSS has great pay but not worth the stress
Rn
RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2018
They talk a good game, left a previous job thinking this would be better. Coworkers aren't that great. Pay is great. You have no autonomy, you will lose your skills. There is no one to back you up. Don't trust your manager. Make a good friend or two there and keep your business to yourself. Anesthesia thinks they are God, constantly undermined the RN. They try and force you to take your vacation days when they want you to take them, ie census low or your unit is closed. Do your job and go home.
Pros
easy RN job, most of the time; good pay
Cons
no autonomy, no support
High Paced
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2018
HSS has a high pace atmosphere. It is very demanding company but you can succeed and be rewarded if you can handle the demands of the company. It is a good place to work when you graduated from college.
Decent place to work
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2018
Decent place to work
Very busy practice
Top surgeons and doctors at this hospital
Day to day work days are very busy
Heavy patient volume
Good benefits for full time employees
very productive place to work for with many
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 7, 2018
A typical day at work is busy, the time flies by. I learn alot daily. There is always something to learn here at HSS. It is a beautiful place to work but not too much room for advancement here on Long Island. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients in agony and pain however the most enjoyable parts of working here is seeing the pain and agony turned into little or no pain. I love working with people and I get along very well with others. The pay, benefits, and alot of other things are wonderful here and it has kept me here for 10 years.
Pros
Great benefits, salary is great and the work atmosphere is awesome!
Cons
Short breaks, no room for advancement
Terrible work environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  NyOctober 29, 2018
Terrible workplace enviornment. Extremely racist upper management in the nursing department. No one cares about you. If you are black i wouldnt recommend you working here
Cons
Terrible management; Racist patients and management
productive
A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
very productive, a place where you can build good relations with worker. A respectful work environment and knowledgeable, i was there for 8 years and I don't have any complain.
productive work place
Aministrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
my daily routine consisted of answering phones,making appointment, guiding patients where they needs to go. The management were okay but i did not stay for long because it was a temp position for the doctors offices. There was a lot of nice employees. i'm not gonna denied it was busy and productive work place, a lot to do with little time. sometimes i took lunch in my desk it was not easy but i learn from different office every one has different ideas and different priorities
Pros
discount on the food
Hard to describe
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
This could be a great place; however the Leadership is not supportive and You will be overworked, without comp days. A good place to build skills but one should move on after two years.
Great hospital to work for. But sometimes management get it wrong. Having no union is a problem. No one to help you when have an issue with management
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
Dealing with patients was always a pleasure for me.
I’m a people person.
Management is different in every department so it all depends.
Loved my coworkers and had a great time.
Productive and great way to get experience
Quality and Accreditation Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2018
Great place to work with great people always willing to help you if needed. Great place for growth and interns are allowed lunch vouchers so that they can eat free.
Great atmosphere
Radiology & Imaging Registrar/ Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2018
Very fast pace, great place to work, the time goes by fast. The volume of patients that walk through those doors are amazingly high which is always great for business and job security.
Benefits
Cons
No parking for employees
Patient First
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 27, 2018
Committed to provide the best patient care. Promotes employee engagement and provide support for staff. My most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to do what I do best and provide best care possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospital for Special Surgery. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss