Hospital Sisters Health System Employee Reviews

kings dauthers hopital was a good place to work we all got along for the most part
Kings Daughter's Hospital (Former Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSSeptember 19, 2018
it was very quiet place to work at we all enjoyed each others company we were like family the same rotating shift so we know who was going to be there on our shift it was fun helping learning so much on night shift
Pros
i would go back to work there if i needed too
Cons
hardly ever got a pay raise
Can be very stressful
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILSeptember 15, 2018
They expect more work from you and don’t compensate very well for the work you do. They are constantly expecting you to go above and beyond but don’t recognize the hard work you do. The pay is not the best. It can be fast paced work.
here and there
Physician Support (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 4, 2018
When it was still a Faith Based culture it was great. Always tolerant and supportive not matter of who you are. Not so much anymore but still a decent place to work.
ok place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 28, 2018
As a new graduate nurse this is an ok place to work. Mentoring of the new nurse was lacking. Facility and staff are great and wuld recommend an experienced RN to work here.
Efficient heath care provision with opportunity of advancement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 19, 2018
Working with HSHS provides many opportunities to learn and grow within the health system. I learned so much about health care as well as grew as a health care provider to better prepare me for my career.
No Comment
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 10, 2018
I am simply typing the required number of characters. There is no value at all to this and I simply wish to move on. So, do I have enough characters to move on?
Excellent Place to Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, ILAugust 8, 2018
This is the greatest choice I ever made coming to work for the HSHS family. They have been so wonderful to work for. I have had the opportunity to not only enjoy, but grow and become better at what I do and know who I am through their teachings and employment. They are loyal employers and believe you are more than just a colleague, you're family.
Best work place
Cardiac Sonographer student (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 5, 2018
Every day was a blessing to be able to work for HSHS. They really do care about their employees and always want whats best for them. I never left work mad or upset, it truly was a pleasure.
To date--my favorite place to work.
Critical Care RN in CCU and SICU (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 2, 2018
I loved working in the ICU. It was fast-paced, exciting, and I learned so very much from doctors, other nurses, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, and all of the other disciplines.
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
no breaks or mini breaks
Fast paced
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 1, 2018
Work and training were fast paced. Quarterly training regarding specific job details, as well as general hospital operations. Learned to clean out food pulper, disgusting. Had to be reafy to switch from one work area to another at drop of a hat. Learned importance of sanitizing meal carts. Monthly staff meetings with food supplied, we had to clean up. Clean after catered events. Worked both day and afternoon shifts. Had to call for help when co-worker burned her leg with hot water, dish machine malfunctioned. Responsible for reporting equipment problems and following up if it was repaired.
Pros
Benefits, job satisfaction.
Cons
Far drive to work.
Overworked and Underpaid
Health Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 31, 2018
The staff is overworked and underpaid. They don't hire enough people to make sure everything that needs to be done can get done. The call lights constantly go off but there isn't enough staff to help the patients.
benefits
Cons
under staffed
Good culture
Inventory Technician/Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Most of the employees truly lived the hospital's mission. I really liked working for my direct supervisor. She was really easy to talk to about any concerns I had.
No patience or help
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 5, 2018
New Medical Assistants are not given proper training and are set up to fail. This is a very unfriendly and stressful company to work for. If you would lose your job, this company will prevent you from getting hired somewhere else.
Care Coordination Team Atmosphere
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJuly 4, 2018
Being a integral part of Care Coordination appeared to have a team approach. Management and Team members appeared to be cohesive and offer assistance as needed. Positive feedback given regarding job performance until 90 day assessment. At 90 day assessment, feedback of job performance of work not completed in timely fashion.
Pros
Positive Hospital Wide Team Approach, Supportive
Cons
Care Coordination/ Case Management lack of communication on how to improve performance, high employee turnover rate per department
Positive experience as a contracted employee
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 3, 2018
I was a contracted employee at Hospital Sister's Health System to perform internal audit services as a CHAN Healthcare employee. My experience in dealing with HSHS personnel was a positive one.
Cardiac Testing Department
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJuly 2, 2018
I currently volunteer in this department 1 to 2 days a week. Their staff is very friendly. Would love to be able to work for this health care system
Making towel animals for each holiday
Housekeeper I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 29, 2018
Cleaning patient rooms and ICU areas. Learned how to be more compassionate. Management great. Mixed races. Loosing a patient was hard after seeing them each day. Loved interacting with patients and the families.
Pros
free lunches on patient floors
Cons
half hour lunch
review
Clerk (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILJune 22, 2018
It seems that you're better off not progressing at SEO, because those who get promoted also seem to be let go. If you're in a good department, then they'll work with you on your work/home life balance.
Health benefits have gone downhill since I've been there. Actually, this is one of the reasons I'm looking elsewhere.
slow paced,
Internship (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 22, 2018
lots of secrets, never know what you are supposed to be doing, there is no direction, management is always too busy. There is not a good sense of job security.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
secretive and gossipy
Great Team Work Environment
Director of Laboratory Services (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ILJune 13, 2018
Support from the administrative team. Great atmosphere. Team building opportunities. No silo's between departments. A fun place to work where you feel rewarded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospital Sisters Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight