Hospital Sisters Health System Employee Reviews

Negative Environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 16, 2019
Pay not competitive for the area, not valued by company, management is disorganized and doesn't value staff input. This all breeds a negative culture which is never addressed.
Cons
Rarely get uninterrupted lunch as a nurse
Not terrible but not worth it in my opinion.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJanuary 15, 2019
The stress of the job isn't worth the low pay you'll receive. The CNAs were usually helpful and some nurses were, others just added more work than nec.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Low pay, stressful
Very good health care system
Environmental Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 10, 2019
Good system for health care.
poor supervisors and poor leaders.
silence and open discrimination against minorities.
No advancement to minorities.
Minorities are not appointed on high responsibilities position.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
poor management, inequality
Medical Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJanuary 7, 2019
I love my job, but I don't care for our floor manager. We have exceptional and caring nurse's, putting their patients needs within a timely manner.
Our manager is not managerial material.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Floor manager is hateful & rude.
Great place to gain experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 31, 2018
I was trained to be a phlebotomist at HSHS and was put in challenging situations that really helped me get into PA school. I was able to have patient care experience with an incredibly diverse patient population, which helped my interviews for schools. Thanks to HSHS, I was able to get into PA school and follow my dream of becoming a PA.
CNO & Administration ruined this organization.
ED RN, CCU RN, House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 26, 2018
CNO has completely destroyed nursing morale. Mandatory overtime up to 16+ hours. Fired significant number of seasoned RNs only to hire new grads. Managers oversee multiple units. ED is staffed with new grads. Poor morale. No job security.
Pros
faith-based
Cons
see above
Not the best if it is your first job as a nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 20, 2018
This was my first job. I felt extremely overwhelmed with the patient load assignment. I felt overworked and coworkers were not very supportive. Management was handled extremely poor.
A fun place to work and great people.
ENVIRNMENTAL SERVICES, CUSTODIAL MANAGER II (Current Employee) –  SpringfieldNovember 17, 2018
A awesome place to work. The team works great together. The place is always busy and there is always something to do. The hard work is always noticeable.
Pros
Insurance, pay
Stressful but fun
Surgical Tech Support Aide (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 10, 2018
The job can be alot of fun yet stressful and short staffed. Very fast paced at times when an OR room needs to be sterilized immediately for the next case. When working with minimal coworkers it makes it very trying to get the job done
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short staffed
staffing could be better
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 20, 2018
I feel staffing was always an issue but the people I worked with were wonderful! The physicians and nurses were amazing. I was sad to leave the team but do not miss the nurse to patient ratios
kings dauthers hopital was a good place to work we all got along for the most part
Kings Daughter's Hospital (Former Employee) –  Yazoo City, MSSeptember 19, 2018
it was very quiet place to work at we all enjoyed each others company we were like family the same rotating shift so we know who was going to be there on our shift it was fun helping learning so much on night shift
Pros
i would go back to work there if i needed too
Cons
hardly ever got a pay raise
Can be very stressful
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Greenville, ILSeptember 15, 2018
They expect more work from you and don’t compensate very well for the work you do. They are constantly expecting you to go above and beyond but don’t recognize the hard work you do. The pay is not the best. It can be fast paced work.
here and there
Physician Support (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 4, 2018
When it was still a Faith Based culture it was great. Always tolerant and supportive not matter of who you are. Not so much anymore but still a decent place to work.
ok place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 28, 2018
As a new graduate nurse this is an ok place to work. Mentoring of the new nurse was lacking. Facility and staff are great and wuld recommend an experienced RN to work here.
Efficient heath care provision with opportunity of advancement
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILAugust 19, 2018
Working with HSHS provides many opportunities to learn and grow within the health system. I learned so much about health care as well as grew as a health care provider to better prepare me for my career.
Excellent Place to Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, ILAugust 8, 2018
This is the greatest choice I ever made coming to work for the HSHS family. They have been so wonderful to work for. I have had the opportunity to not only enjoy, but grow and become better at what I do and know who I am through their teachings and employment. They are loyal employers and believe you are more than just a colleague, you're family.
Best work place
Cardiac Sonographer student (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 5, 2018
Every day was a blessing to be able to work for HSHS. They really do care about their employees and always want whats best for them. I never left work mad or upset, it truly was a pleasure.
To date--my favorite place to work.
Critical Care RN in CCU and SICU (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 2, 2018
I loved working in the ICU. It was fast-paced, exciting, and I learned so very much from doctors, other nurses, respiratory therapy, pharmacy, and all of the other disciplines.
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
no breaks or mini breaks
Fast paced
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 1, 2018
Work and training were fast paced. Quarterly training regarding specific job details, as well as general hospital operations. Learned to clean out food pulper, disgusting. Had to be reafy to switch from one work area to another at drop of a hat. Learned importance of sanitizing meal carts. Monthly staff meetings with food supplied, we had to clean up. Clean after catered events. Worked both day and afternoon shifts. Had to call for help when co-worker burned her leg with hot water, dish machine malfunctioned. Responsible for reporting equipment problems and following up if it was repaired.
Pros
Benefits, job satisfaction.
Cons
Far drive to work.
Overworked and Underpaid
Health Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 31, 2018
The staff is overworked and underpaid. They don't hire enough people to make sure everything that needs to be done can get done. The call lights constantly go off but there isn't enough staff to help the patients.
benefits
Cons
under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hospital Sisters Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight