Hospitality Services Group Employee Reviews

Overstaffed and unprofessional
Banquet Server (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 14, 2018
I came to America as an Irish student to work for the summer. I worked for HSG Chicago. HSG Chicago was an unprofessional and unorganised place to work. Had to travel hours to the event alone although I was told at orientation we would be put on shifts with friends so we did not have to travel alone. No idea what time you would get out of work at. Had too many staff hired for summer work and as a result of that there were no hours for staff to work. Was promised 3 shifts a week only received 2 my first week and received none my second week. Applied for every shift the second week excluding 1 day as I had an prior engagements. Did not receive any work for the days I applied for, however, received work for the one day I did not apply for. I rang the manager to tell her I will not be able to come to work and I was told I had to go to work or my position may be terminated and my work and travel visa would be taken from me and I would have to return to home. Do not recommend for anybody travelling to America for the summer to work for this comany.
Pros
May get lunch if food left over from event
Cons
No hours, too much staff
Racist toward African Americans
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Highland, INJuly 10, 2018
I worked for hospitality service group for one month never late on time neat and clean uniform. The ladies doing management were mean and rude and made me feel out of place very insensitive place to work for African Americans opportunist company ran by the KKK grand wizards neice.
Pros
Love Caucasian people
Cons
disrespectful to African Americans
Only there for experience...
Associate (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 17, 2018
Overworked and underpaid. Was never fully reimbursed and they messed up your checks sometimes. It was a learning experience.............................................
Great work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 12, 2018
Working for this company is great opportunity. Anytime I need anything they made sure that everything was going accordingly. And another thing I love about hospitality they teach you everything I teach you what you supposed to do and how you supposed to do it in order to get the job done in orderly fashion. Working with hospitality give you an idea of creating your own business.
Productive and fun work place full of energy & nice kind people.
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Have to wait on bliss to come thru on the app to start a shift . You get bliss from all over in Chicago that needs assistant at different location for hotel housekeeping. Very easy work Pace we have a minimum of 15 to 20 minutes to clean a guest rooms.
A temporary job to work for
Barbacker, Porter, Dishwasher, Stewardist, (Current Employee) –  Highland, IN 46322March 28, 2018
you get to pick and choose your own schedule and a variety of jobs depending on your skills with a variety of locations. They have jobs from different cities in Illinois to different cities inIndiana and also Michigan.
Pros
free lunches depending on your location of work
Cons
healthcare
Hospitality services Group
Fill in Chef (Current Employee) –  Highland, INMarch 24, 2018
Great work place to work,and management staff,great hours.people we work with are awesome and very easy to work with in the workplace . They will teach you new skills every day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Small time temp staffing that's fun to work with
Team Lead and Captain (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 18, 2017
HSG is a small time staffing company that's a temporary way to earn extra income. All of the internal team members are friendly and are more than willing to work with you regarding scheduling and emergency situations as long as you're a good worker. This company is best suited for hard working and dedicated people. Many of the events that they staff are high end. HSG has a great server training program as well. Honestly, if you're willing to put in the time and effort, you're more than likely going to have a great experience with this company.
Pros
Great staff, training, fun events
Cons
low pay rates
Productive and fast pace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
Although being a dishwasher requires a lot of labor and lifting I enjoyed working downtown with co-workers. My co-workers were very helpful and also I was able to take home any left over food.
Very Exciting
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2017
This Job Is Phenomenal U get to go to different location see new people and plus have the enjoyment of making people happy by serving and making sure they have an elegant night
Nice place to work for. I like the management, they are very professional
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Griffith, INAugust 23, 2017
Hospitality Services Group is a very good agency to become a part of. We work all kinds of venues. I love the atmosphere at the work place and our management team and schedulers are very helpful. There's always an assignment available for you. As a banquet server we are responsible for meeting and greeting the guest and serving them in a timely fashion.
Pros
There's always an event available
Cons
Some of the events are too far out of range.
Just unorganized
TEMP (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2017
Everything job was in different locations, you got to have your own transportation, make sure you watch the hours you work, they will get you.
Can't bring anything personal with you no lockers.Their not located in Chicago, but in Indiana. It's hard to get in contact with them if something occurs while doing a job. Got to wait til the next business day majority of the jobs are at night, overnight 3rd shift.
Pros
You can work around your schedule.
Cons
Not consistent.
Part-time employment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
I worked very few hours and I am in need of and am seeking a full-time employment opportunity as a Housekeeping Attendant. Working with them has shown me I like to work in the hotel environment and hope to continue to work with them on a as needed basis.
Opportunity to work
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Highland, INMarch 4, 2017
Not a lot of assignments for my skill set. I have enjoyed the sites I have worked at. Would prefer more regular work assignments. The locations of most assignments where easily found.