Hostelling International Careers and Employment
Work wellbeingResults based on 24 responses to Indeed's work wellbeing survey.
Work wellbeing score is Average, 71 out of 100
HappinessHow enjoyable people find their day-to-day life at work
PurposeHow meaningful people find their work
SatisfactionHow content people feel with the way things are at work
Stress-freeHow manageable people find their work stress
About the company
Jobs near you
There is 1 Hostelling International job close to Ashburn, VA. You can check out other available jobs at Hostelling International.
Browse jobs by location
Salary estimated from 226 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Installation & Maintenance
Working with HIUSA has been a pleasure yet stressful. Hospitality leans toward a high-stress environment and lack of support from upper management made it difficult to get anything done like maintenance repairs that kept getting pushed back This location ended up closing due to the pandemic. Met some great people and heard great stories.
Employee in Houston, TX
on December 30, 2021
Casual workplace. Very busy at times. Need more staff - working on getting them. Nonprofit organization with great mission. Everyone seems to try to be positive and supportive.
Front Desk Associate in Boston, MA
on February 20, 2023
loved the Mission. wish overall goals and potential giant shifts in priorities were better thought out and just more transparency overallFun office environment, even better environment at most hostels. loved the variety of hostels and locations
Vice President, Northeast Region in Boston, MA
on December 16, 2022
It's a company that cares about its employees and goes to great lengths to make sure they are treated fairly. It was a good experience, I definitely enjoyed it.
Front Desk Lead, Night Audit in Chicago, IL
on May 7, 2022
As with most front-line hospitality roles, there's little room for advancement, which led to a bit of boredom and stagnation for me after a few years. The PTO is quite good and they cover nearly all of your medical benefit costs. They try to do great, with meaningful missions, but can miss the mark on inclusiveness at times, in part due to shared accommodation settings and trying to please other g...
Hostel Assistant in California
on September 30, 2021
What would you say about your employer?
Help fellow job seekers by sharing your unique experience.
Questions and answers
People have asked 21 questions about working at Hostelling International. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Hostelling International employees.
What advice would you give the CEO of Hostelling International about how to improve it?
How often do you get a raise at Hostelling International?
What benefits does Hostelling International offer?
Insights from 19 Indeed users who have interviewed with Hostelling International within the last 5 years.
Interview is average
Process takes about a day or two
Common questions about Hostelling International
Is Hostelling International hiring now?
Is it hard to get a job at Hostelling International?
What is the hiring process at Hostelling International?
How has Hostelling International responded to COVID-19?
Hostelling International locations
What's being discussed at Hostelling International?
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- Hotels & Travel Accommodation
- Hostelling International