Hostess Brands Employee Reviews

looking for work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2018
my day at hostess is very stressful they run the product so fast that you can't keep up then they put 5 days in 3 days what i mean about that is they run fast so we can't get but three days a week i have to find another job because i can't pay my bills i have learned a lot at hostess but they have got the wrong people in charge
Company went out of business
Sales/Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJApril 26, 2018
Was a great place to work. Management was good company was good however they went out of business a few years ago and I lost my job. It was overall a good experience
Nice place to work..if you don't have a family.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSApril 22, 2018
I loved my job. It didn't take long to move up and the work was easy. But with a toddler at home, working nights, I was never able to really see him for a year simply because if I wasn't working, I was sleeping. They change the schedule up almost every day so its impossible to plan anything or to have a "normal" life.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Great Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 14, 2018
Great company to work for. Many opportunities to advance and several jobs to learn. Team oriented with a great benefit package and salary . Company that focuses on quality,safety first
Pros
Porr communication between management ans supervision
Cons
Opportunity to advance quickly
Was fun while it lasted
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSMarch 29, 2018
When the company shut down, I was the Manager. I had been there for almost 16 years, starting out as part time. I was in charge of ordering items for the store, and the nightly paperwork
Alot hours. Alot of standing
Depositor operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 17, 2018
I would hook up my machine, make sure all the settings were set. . ,tear down ,and clean area, and set up machine, for the next shift to start. And make sure to check schedule before leaving.
Pros
Alot of money
Cons
Alot of hrs, but no time to really rest and enjoy your family, or free time. Work sleep eat work!
Went bankrupt
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago AreaMarch 6, 2018
I managed up to 220 stores and was a Regional manager traveled across nine states. I also managed ten District Managers which I enjoyed traveling and visiting their stores. I offered suggestions that improved their business totally, the sales increases and profitability were most satisfying.
Pros
enjoyed the job
Cons
no cons
quantity over quality
Finisher/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSFebruary 24, 2018
on a day to day basis, we work in a messy environment. Some days the machines run descent and others things mess up all over the place. I have learned how to run several different types of robots, sealers, box formers, box erectors, wrappers, fryers, and other machines. Some of our bosses (Leads, Supervisors) are full of themselves and others are really great at what they do.Working with Hostess Employees can be great but others make you feel like you're back in high school. The hardest part of the job is getting use to the pain. The thing I enjoy the most is getting to know the people I work with.
Pros
Four twenty minute breaks, pay, benefits, and supplied uniforms and footwear.
Cons
Hours worked in a day, how messy you can get by the end of your shift
Productive but great place to work.
District retail sales manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2018
Great place to work. Many changes over the years. Had the opportunity to work with many different types of people which could be challenging at time but enjoyable. Company went in bankruptcy after 70+ years. Very sad when they closed.
Bad
Shipper breaker (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJanuary 25, 2018
They play favorite they only like one race and if you not you are not good worker it nice place if they did not play favorite with people pay good but not

Want to know more about Hostess Brands?

Ask a question
Great Job and people
Route driver/ sales (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARDecember 28, 2017
Hostess Brands was a great job and career, I grew as a person and learned a lot, Hostess went out of business otherwise I would still be with the company today.
Pros
everything
Cons
company went out of buisness
productive and fast past
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 29, 2017
you have to be a very strong minded individual to work there dnt recommend a young person with little kids to work there but they do have good benefits but it can be a very stressful enviornment hours and days varies
Great Company went out of Business
Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 15, 2017
The company was great to work for I was so happy to know I got hired. Enjoy the co-workers it great place to see how all those sweets wore mad from scratch.
can work there they are out of business
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAOctober 28, 2017
it was a great place to work until it started go down and it then went out of business and we all lost our jobs and benefits. Management sucked it dry.
poor managemen in the upper company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2017
CEO always wanting more money and willing to take from employees to get it. Took some of our awards and holiday gifts away,had to start paying 10 dollars a week to work there
Out of Business
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 27, 2017
The company went out of business due to poor leadership skills. Hours were horrendous 12+ hours a day in extreme weather climates. Delivery trucks did not have heat or air for winter time or summer time delivery.
Very great place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 22, 2017
Very good place to work.the people are very niece and they help u do the job at handful.great environment.good benefits.great working atmosphere and very niece people.
Pros
Great place
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Emporia, KSSeptember 19, 2017
It is a good place to make money but you will not have a life outside of work. They can change your schedule whenever they choose. They also have a high turnover due to lack of training properly.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No life
Hard working job with room to move up in the company.
Retail Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 3, 2017
A great company to work for that provides well for their employees. Only issue I had was when they went bankrupt we all lost our jobs that very day with no notice which as hard on our families.
productive place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 31, 2017
a productive place to work it has plenty of opportunity to grow an advance it also has great benefits,and some what of a family setting and atmosphere built around it.