Hostway Employee Reviews

A typical day at awork
Lead Generation/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day at work with Hostway was a lot of interaction on the phones and the website online chat. It was a fun group of people to work with and great commissions. The company was very laid back, and we had a lot of fun. However the advancement opportunities were lacking and the company went through many changes,
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
Opportunities for advancement
The wost job and (generally speaking) people I have ever worked with.
Windows Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
Extremely poor lower to mid management. Most of them have no clue what they are doing and if for whatever silly reason they don't like you you will be in for a very difficult time. The same goes if you aren't a part of the in crowd there. Some of the worst people I have ever met in my life work there. The biggest mistake of my career was accepting a job at this place. I was miserable every second. You also get to work with a ton of Bulgarians who will throw you under the bus in a heart beat. I could go on and on. I cannot overstate what a horrible this place is. You have been warned!!
Pros
Free snacks, breakfast on Fridays and lunch on Thursdays
Cons
Everything else
Pathetic management, no strategy and zero communication from upper management
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2014
Didn't matter if deadlines were met. No accountability anywhere in the company. No communication from upper management. No strategy or goals and no personal goals. It was like working in a frat house. Might sound like fun at first and sure, it was occasionally fun but seriously people - grow up.

While searching for funding, they would actually CHANGE the corporate strategy based on which investor they were talking too!
Pros
nothing that I can think of except the free lunch on Thurs for the Austin data center guys
Cons
too numerous to count. Run, do not walk, away from this company. How they are still in business is beyond me